New to MiniMins - not new to SW!

Tough week this week, been up early and late home every day as we're down to one car between the two of us and we work 20 miles apart. We sold my car, it needed to go. Roll on the weekend and buying a new (old) car. Getting home after 7.30 and trying to cook a healthy dinner is tough.

I have cooked a bacon, tomato and quark quiche for tomorrow's lunch though, which is more organised than most nights this week!

I had veg curry and savoury rice for dinner tonight, filling and yummy.

Also finished the last of my yogurt covered banana chips. Glad they're gone, they're yummy but rather high syns for so little. Would much rather have a Freddo!

Expecting a low 64s weight this week, a slight gain is likely - I blame the chips and fish cake, or maybe the husband for buying them, or maybe even me for eating them. Oops.

Finding I'm hungry a lot at the moment - need to be more organised for lunches at work. I'm sorting my husband's 'something and rice' lunches but failing miserably with mine. Need to eat slightly more.

Life is getting in the way of my diet. Every night this week we've had to go somewhere after work to look for a car to buy, and then I've got over-hungry and either eaten something fairly healthy really late or eaten rubbish. We now have two cars again, so I can come home straight from work and make tea next week.

Dreading moving house though, with days and days of rental viewings likely after work until we find something, and then the likely week-long bad eating both before and after moving, you can imagine I'm not looking forward to this. I just know that I will put every pound back on and be back to square one.

Right now I strongly dislike our landlord. Why have us sign a contract if you are just going to decide to move back in yourself and chuck us out? Bloody selfish, and unfortunately bloody legal. Many thanks to our landlord for costing us the best part of £800 in the process by the time we've paid for a move, post redirection, inevitable overlap of two rentals to get the right place, losses on the deposit.

That was tonight's rant, brought to you by time_to_diet...

On a good note, this is forcing us to have a brain-shake-up and saving for our house deposit has gone into overdrive, and my husband has finally come round to the idea that we need to buy our own place again as soon as possible.

I've pulled myself back on the wagon, eating the right things at the right time for the last few days. Feeling much better!

I made pulled pork for the first time tonight - I wasn't convinced by the amount of extra liquid that appeared in the BBQ sauce I put in the slow cooker, so I threw that all away. The pork was bloody gorgeous!!! Even hubby liked it :)

Three days travelling with work this week, with two of those days with lunches I won't be able to control. Let's see how this goes....

Hope everyone is okay x

I was in London yesterday and survived a gorgeous buffet. Duck and hoisin sauce wrap, a quarter sandwich of cheese and tomato, then pineapple and melon. I was hungry at St Pancras so grabbed a box of grapes in W H Smith - better than weakening when I reached the Cornish pasty shop, conveniently placed just before the trains...

I had a late breakfast today before a trip to Birmingham, and so when it came to struggling in the coffee shop for my lunch meeting, a medium sized flapjack didn't seem too bad with two bananas. One bite of the flapjack told me how much sugar was in it, oops.

Still, I've been drinking plenty - I felt quite dehydrated last week. This week, I've maintained my weight overall, so I'm pleased with this as I should be carrying more water than last week.

Progress......

Thanks! I've had better bank holiday weekends - everyone is posting on here and on FB about the lovely weather and the nice things they're doing, and I'm packing our house up into boxes. Gutted!!!

Red day today. Sausages, eggs and cherry tomatoes for brunch. Cheese sandwich just before dinner, was starving. Salmon on peppers, carrots and cherry tomatoes, with soy sauce and old el paso 'sauce'. Couple of weight watchers yogurts, I like them.

MFP combined with Fitbit says I've been a busy bee while packing boxes, could've eaten way more and been under calories today. Moving house should help me to lose weight :)

Just reading a few posts where people are talking scientific rubbish again. Blending fruit and veg does not break down the fibre - mechanical mixing is not going to break down the chemical bonds in the molecules..... We're told not to blend or mash fruit as we in theory will eat more of it than we should, and then we overeat and the calories add up too much. Personally, I ignore this as I will only eat fruit in a homemade blended yogurt based smoothie - so I would rather have this than eat no fruit at all in my diet. Sticking by the rules, the smoothie should be synned.

Worth a read - http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/...nding-destroy-fiber-in-fruits-and-vegetables/

Doing well with my diet, despite moving house next week and working away from home a few days a week at the moment. Tempting to eat rubbish, but actually SW is relatively straight forward to do while travelling, there's always something I can find to have that is at least 'okay' if not 'perfect'.

Hiya hun! I'm sure you'll resist the free wine! And he not, I'm sure you can work the syns into your weekly allowance.

I like your post from a few days ago about blending fruit. As a biochemist I despair when I see some of the unscientific garbage spouted generally on the internet, and on various forums! :rolleyes: xx

Hiya hun! I'm sure you'll resist the free wine! And he not, I'm sure you can work the syns into your weekly allowance.

I like your post from a few days ago about blending fruit. As a biochemist I despair when I see some of the unscientific garbage spouted generally on the internet, and on various forums! :rolleyes: xx

I'm a chemist too - I was also staggered to read that blending causes sugar to be broken up into smaller molecules that are absorbed easier. If so, that's a very strong blender, lol.

I drank too much three nights in a row. Then takeaway when I got back, then a tinned dinner the next night then takeaway last night. We've moved house this weekend, so takeaway calories probably already burned off!!

I tried something new in my actifry tonight - butternut squash chunks. A bit of fry light and some old El Paso fajita spice mix, and 35 mins later they were all caramelised and yummy. Very nice instead of roast potatoes with my roast chicken dinner on a red day.

Back on the diet after moving house, no more excuses for eating takeaway now we're unpacked!

Magic pancakes for breakfast and now I've just had slimming world 'pizza' for the first time - WW pitta bread with passata, peppers, cherry tomatoes and cheese, cooked in the oven until the cheese melts. Been meaning to make this for a while, but I thought I'd best try it out before making it for my husband! Very nice, might get some mozzarella in for next time.

Left over green day lasagne for tea, might do butternut squash, peppers and courgettes in the actifry to go with it.

Just posting to remind myself of a recipe someone posted the other day. Banana oat cookies - one healthy extra of oats, one mashed banana, cook on 180 for abo 15 mins.

Back