New to vlcd Exante day 3!

So weighed in today at boots and a little disappointed 7lb but I suppose it could have been much worse lol
still 7lb is quite alot considering other diets I only used to lose 2lb

Only another 7 days till next weigh in lol X

Heyyyyy!

Sorry I didn't get online yesterday (my mom had ordered stuff from exante and it arrived so I went to visit and have a nosey!)

7lb is ace! Don't be disappointed! If someone had told you a week ago that you could be 7lb lighter in a week, I am sure you would have been overjoyed!!

Congratulations. It just shows that determination pays off!

x x

Hi. I'm new to minimins. Been reading posts for a while but decided today to actually become a member.
Do you mind if I join you guys. I'm not doing exante but doing *snip* which is very similar. Also noticed we quite similar current weight and target weights :)

Hey :)

Sorry, I wasn't online last night, but the more the merrier, I definitely think it helps to have other people in the same boat.

I am a bit different to you and Charlotte I think because for me this is initially a test, my birthday is in 2 weeks so I am spending 2 weeks more on this diet (3 and 1/2 weeks in total) just to lose some initial weight (I have been dieting since March and still yoyo-ed back to the same point, being tested at doctors yada yada yada!)

I just need the confidence boost that even though I have been dieting since March, I can wear a nice dress for my birthday and stuff. So yeah, I will be off of it from the 26th Nov - 1st Dec, back on it for 4 days, then off to my cousins party. After that, should be back on it from the 7th of December until just before Xmas. On it properly in January.

I know that is a bit of a mish mash, but originally I was going to wait until January to start because of too many occasions but then decided to seize the moment and at least begin and just work around the events.

Saints and Slimmers sounds interesting, I have never heard of it, I'm going to have to google that :)

How are you finding it?

I hope Charlotte-Louise doesn't mind that her thread has become a little group :p x x

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you go in to ketosis. It's pretty much the same thing as exante really. I couldn't find much of a difference. The mere kind of powdered and you add water and microwave them and then they become like actual food. The vegetable chilli one is like having a small bowl of actual chilli, the taco one is pretty much the thing and the cottage pie one is a but like mash. I'm surprised how much I like them.
I do get hungry though at times. Usually an hour or two before meals times and during the night. Have you been hungry a lot?

I really wanted to like the meals I just don't theres still 2 I haven't tried so I'll give them ago just wish they wasn't in powdered form.
Well I haven't been hungry all week untill yesterday I was starving and I'd had all 3 packs so I just had some plain chicken and a coke zero. I thought the first few days were meant to be hardest but I fount them easy im on day 9 and finding it harder now X

Heyyyyy!

Sorry I didn't get online yesterday (my mom had ordered stuff from exante and it arrived so I went to visit and have a nosey!)

7lb is ace! Don't be disappointed! If someone had told you a week ago that you could be 7lb lighter in a week, I am sure you would have been overjoyed!!

Congratulations. It just shows that determination pays off!

x x

Well yeah its a much better result than not having being on a diet and prob putting 2lb on lol!
Has your mom started exante then?
did she have anything nice in her pack
I was going to order protein bites for a snack so I went online annnnd there discontinued :( bloody typical lol
X

Well yeah its a much better result than not having being on a diet and prob putting 2lb on lol!
Has your mom started exante then?
did she have anything nice in her pack
I was going to order protein bites for a snack so I went online annnnd there discontinued :( bloody typical lol
X

Yeah exactly, I probably would have been eating such rubbish this week and instead I am eating 600 cals a day :)
She is just giving it a go for a couple of weeks, she doesn't have much to lose though so may try doing 2 packs and a low carb meal or something.

She had the choco balls (they are lovely!) and got me a shaker. She also got me some more porridge, a hot cross bun bar to try and some curry to try also so thats good :)

Ahhh thats frustrating. I have to admit that today and yesterday I have really been struggling with cravings for carbs, so badly. Trying to stay strong, so something snacky would have been good....definitely typical!

How you finding today? x

Yeah exactly, I probably would have been eating such rubbish this week and instead I am eating 600 cals a day :)
She is just giving it a go for a couple of weeks, she doesn't have much to lose though so may try doing 2 packs and a low carb meal or something.

She had the choco balls (they are lovely!) and got me a shaker. She also got me some more porridge, a hot cross bun bar to try and some curry to try also so thats good :)

Ahhh thats frustrating. I have to admit that today and yesterday I have really been struggling with cravings for carbs, so badly. Trying to stay strong, so something snacky would have been good....definitely typical!

How you finding today? x

Honestly i think its mad that we're living off 600 cals I'd never in a million years think I'd be able to do that!

well today I've been so busy didn't have my first bar till 3pm in between the nursery run and my washing machine flooding my kitchen I didn't have time! but now I've finally sat down im starving really fancying some real food so think the sausage mix is what I'll be having see if it can curb those cravings!

How are you feeling today? X

Honestly i think its mad that we're living off 600 cals I'd never in a million years think I'd be able to do that!

well today I've been so busy didn't have my first bar till 3pm in between the nursery run and my washing machine flooding my kitchen I didn't have time! but now I've finally sat down im starving really fancying some real food so think the sausage mix is what I'll be having see if it can curb those cravings!

How are you feeling today? X

Oooh, washing machine doesn't sound fun! Is it sorted now?

I wasn't sure on the sausage mix when I had it but hopefully it will curb your cravings!!

I'm not feeling great today to be honest. Really struggling, can't get my head in the game really. I haven't given in at all but I have a chest infection and it is making me feel so rough I just want carbs and a cuddle from the other half :(

I just want something to eat and the thought of exante food makes me want to sob :( x x

Sorry about the delayed response I've just got home from work.

Yes Charl27 definitely helps to have people in the same boat. People at work are kind if supportive but don't really get it. They think I'm a bit mad. We are going out for a meal Friday and I've already had to inform them that I will come but won't be eating or drinking! Awkward!
It's good that you've made a start anyway rather than waiting until January. Will be good practise for when you do it properly plus you'll be losing weight along the way.
I'm finding it okay so far. Much easier than I had initially expected.

Oh no sorry to hear you are poorly. Being poorly and not being able to eat is awful when all you want is comfort food. Hope you feel better soon xxx

Charlotte-Louise I know what you mean. I've had some days that I've been more hungry than in the first few days. Weird. The weights coming off fast though at the moment so working through the hunger. It's worth being hungry haha.

Heyy,

Got someone coming to look at washing machine tomorrow I am useless with that sort of stuff lol!

For about 2hours today I was so debating going off plan and cooking somthing spent ages looking up recipes that wouldn't knock me out of ketosis and then after all that I decided that I couldn't be bothered to go shopping and buy what I needed and just had a shake lol so kinda happy about that the little things lol but I now know a few things I could have if I really needed it without being knocked out of ketosis so thats good!

I do think this week has been harder than last so far no idea why!
How typical getting a chest Infection second week of diet just another thing to make it harder!

I hope this week goes ok for you! X

Hey Cat,
Yeah I just thought the second week would be so much eaiser! but everyday is a day closer to my goal so just trying to keep that in mind. How much did u lose on your second week if you dont mind me asking?
X

Heyy,

Got someone coming to look at washing machine tomorrow I am useless with that sort of stuff lol!

For about 2hours today I was so debating going off plan and cooking somthing spent ages looking up recipes that wouldn't knock me out of ketosis and then after all that I decided that I couldn't be bothered to go shopping and buy what I needed and just had a shake lol so kinda happy about that the little things lol but I now know a few things I could have if I really needed it without being knocked out of ketosis so thats good!

I do think this week has been harder than last so far no idea why!
How typical getting a chest Infection second week of diet just another thing to make it harder!

I hope this week goes ok for you! X

aww glad you changed your mind. It's hard to stick with something like this 100% but the results when we do are amazing. I do low carb usually when not on this so very used to ketosis and things I can and can't have. It's pretty much how I plan on eating forever after this. Lucky I love meat haha doing this plan though I literally just stick to the three packs a day. I know I can sneak some extra food and stay in ketosis but I want to shift as much weight in this time as possible so not deviating as the extra food/ calories may mean not such big losses and I know I will be disappointed. Yeh hardest thing for me is the not drinking. I miss Friday evening wine and flavoured water. I have some powdered flavouring to add but it's not the same.

Hey Cat,
Yeah I just thought the second week would be so much eaiser! but everyday is a day closer to my goal so just trying to keep that in mind. How much did u lose on your second week if you dont mind me asking?
X

yes one step closer to goal. Good thinking. Erm in not sure precisely. I think it was something like 5lbs the first week and 6lbs the second week. Lost 11 pounds since I started it on 29th October. How are your losses going?

Yeah I know the feeling about the wine my sister brought a bottle around the weekend she didnt know I was on this plan but I had peach flavouring in sparkling water in a cocktail glass was definitely not the same but its a good feeling when you can turn something you really want down and stick to plan its like a mini accomplishment lol!

I would much rather I make good choices if I do go off plan than bad ones so going to try educate myself in low carb recipes.

Only had one weigh in on exante and lost 7lbs wasn't that happy with it but thinking about it now I dont think I've ever lost that much in one week in my life so I should be happy!

Looking forward to next weeks weigh in now X

Yeah I know the feeling about the wine my sister brought a bottle around the weekend she didnt know I was on this plan but I had peach flavouring in sparkling water in a cocktail glass was definitely not the same but its a good feeling when you can turn something you really want down and stick to plan its like a mini accomplishment lol!

I would much rather I make good choices if I do go off plan than bad ones so going to try educate myself in low carb recipes.

Only had one weigh in on exante and lost 7lbs wasn't that happy with it but thinking about it now I dont think I've ever lost that much in one week in my life so I should be happy!

Looking forward to next weeks weigh in now X

Thats a great loss. I lost 5lbs in mine and was over the moon. Other eating plans average at one to two pounds a week so 7 is crazy awesome. That's half a stone in a week. That can take a month on other plans. I'm hoping from now on ideally for an average weekly loss of 3.5 pounds a week (a stone a month) I really want to be 14st by the end of the year! Probably a bit ambitious but we can dream ha ha

[QUOTE5;7614630]Thats a great loss. I lost 5lbs in mine and was over the moon. Other eating plans average at one to two pounds a week so 7 is crazy awesome. That's half a stone in a week. That can take a month on other plans. I'm hoping from now on ideally for an average weekly loss of 3.5 pounds a week (a stone a month) I really want to be 14st by the end of the year! Probably a bit ambitious but we can dream ha ha[/QUOTE]

thats exactly what I keep telling myself if I was on WW or somthing I'd only lose 1-2lbs a week!
Think it was because I was reading so many huge losses I was expecting the same.
and i can't wait till im in the 14's its been so long since I've been there even if its 14st12lb I'll be happy X

[QUOTE5;7614630]Thats a great loss. I lost 5lbs in mine and was over the moon. Other eating plans average at one to two pounds a week so 7 is crazy awesome. That's half a stone in a week. That can take a month on other plans. I'm hoping from now on ideally for an average weekly loss of 3.5 pounds a week (a stone a month) I really want to be 14st by the end of the year! Probably a bit ambitious but we can dream ha ha

thats exactly what I keep telling myself if I was on WW or somthing I'd only lose 1-2lbs a week!
Think it was because I was reading so many huge losses I was expecting the same.
and i can't wait till im in the 14's its been so long since I've been there even if its 14st12lb I'll be happy X[/QUOTE]

Hahaha I know exactly what you mean. I may cry when I get to 14st 13 and a half haha a lot of people are lucky enough to have big losses but quite often they may lose 10lbs in week one and nothing or a pound in week two. For most I think vlcds generally average out to about a stone a month. Some people are lucky and lose more (I'm a bit jealous lol) but average is a stone I think. If I can lose a stone a month for two months I will be the happiest person ever! It will speed up the process so much. I doubt I will be as fortunate but I'm sticking with it and hoping for the best. Whatever I lose it will be more than if i was doing anything else.

Wowwwwwww I missed a lot last night! Trying to read through it and catch up!

I weighed in sneakily last night and the scales haven't moved. Not what I need when I am feeling so god damn awful. Had a small victory last night, felt so close to caving, I just wanted comfort so bad. But then I gave myself a good talking to, especially as I am not on the diet too long initially and I made my exante curry and had a couple of choco balls and that was it, off to bed. Was really proud of myself.

Well done on not eating Charlotte (I can't really talk as I did have a small steak with a bit of lettuce the other night instead of my evening pack) but I am proud of you for not :) Little victories :)

Unfortunately, I know I had a good loss last week but I think I am going to be one of those that stalls now and has very low losses.

Hope you are both getting on well girlies :) x x x

Wowwwwwww I missed a lot last night! Trying to read through it and catch up!

I weighed in sneakily last night and the scales haven't moved. Not what I need when I am feeling so god damn awful. Had a small victory last night, felt so close to caving, I just wanted comfort so bad. But then I gave myself a good talking to, especially as I am not on the diet too long initially and I made my exante curry and had a couple of choco balls and that was it, off to bed. Was really proud of myself.

Well done on not eating Charlotte (I can't really talk as I did have a small steak with a bit of lettuce the other night instead of my evening pack) but I am proud of you for not :) Little victories :)

Unfortunately, I know I had a good loss last week but I think I am going to be one of those that stalls now and has very low losses.

Hope you are both getting on well girlies :) x x x

Its so disheartening when the scales don't move but your weight fluctuates everyday so it's best to do it once a week I'm a serial weigher thats why I removed the scales from my house and weigh in at boots lol because if I get on and don't lose I'd probably go eat a whole tub of ben & jerrys or somthing stupid like that lol!
scale's are horrible things! are you measuring yourself?

I know im so glad I didn't give in but if I ever do I've got a few recipes I know I can have feels like it makes it eaiser.

well day 10 and im still going strong surprised with myself to be honest didn't think I'd last a week!

measured myself this morning lost 2inches of my waist :D

Hope today goes well for you and you start feeling better soon X

Its so disheartening when the scales don't move but your weight fluctuates everyday so it's best to do it once a week I'm a serial weigher thats why I removed the scales from my house and weigh in at boots lol because if I get on and don't lose I'd probably go eat a whole tub of ben & jerrys or somthing stupid like that lol!
scale's are horrible things! are you measuring yourself?

I know im so glad I didn't give in but if I ever do I've got a few recipes I know I can have feels like it makes it eaiser.

well day 10 and im still going strong surprised with myself to be honest didn't think I'd last a week!

measured myself this morning lost 2inches of my waist :D

Hope today goes well for you and you start feeling better soon X

Yeah its that thing, I know I shouldn't weigh but I just cannot help it! It helps me keep track of my own body and fluctuations though so it's good in one way. Yeah, I do take measurements after I weigh in on my main weigh in day, so at least this week if I don't lose, I can measure and hopefully will still have lost inches.

Yeah at least you have a back up if you really really need it :)

Thats great, well done on the inches :)

Thanks, I hope I start feeling better soon too, I'm already fed up of this infection. Hope today goes well for you too!

I have choc mint shake for my first pack of the day in a bit. Yum! x

Well done all of us for not giving in! It's not easy but worth it. I'm a serial weight. I weigh daily no just can't help myself. Wasn't impressed at being a pound and a half heavier this morning! Booo. I know it's not actual weight gain though so it's fine. Just frustrating. My weight loss usually only goes down on a Saturday and a Sunday anyway so don't really know why I bother weighing everyday!

Back