Next stop, size 10 jeans...

ARGH! I start work at 4am tomorrow as I'm out with a Frameworks team (helping the homeless) and afterwards the team leader wants to take us to my FAVOURITE breakfast/lunch place for breakfast :'( this is literally the hardest point so far. I've emailed back and said I won't be able to join because I'm working through some food intolerances (which is true) but now all I can think about is bacon and sausages :( xx

Thank you... I know it in my head, but I'm pretty sure these cravings are not based in reason or rational thought! :(

What made this morning worse was that I was having a vanilla shake for breakfast that made me gag a bit (drank it too quickly) and my husband was just sat there in his 9st10lb body eating Doritos and chocolate orange cake for breakfast! Raging!

Right, I've decided I'm going to have a little ramble about my goals etc. for the next couple of months, because I really want to keep my head in the "I need to lose weight, I do not need to eat junk food" zone.

My hubby turns 30 in December, and I've organised a surprise party for him at the end of this month. So:

I'll be on plan from now until November 29th - no events that I can't refuse to eat at. I have quite a social job that involves meals, and have a lunch next Friday, but I'm just going to have a chocolate tetra over ice and will explain if anyone asks.

On November 29th, I will be having CD breakfast and lunch, and then in the evening we're going out for Caribbean food. I'm having chicken curry with rice and sweet potato chips. I'll stick to water as my drink to save on calories from there.

The following day, we're going out to this amazing little diner for breakfast, so I'll be having bacon and pancakes. I may have a cup of tea, but will mainly drink water. I probably won't need lunch as it will be more of a brunch breakfast. We are having a party in the evening, so I'll have a small amount of buffet food and water to drink. I'll be straight back on plan on Sunday 1st December.

Then I will have 12 days on plan before we go to Spain for 3 days. Back on plan on Monday 16th for 5 days before going to Northern Ireland for a week for Christmas with my hubby's family. I intend to have at least 2 meals a day CD while we're there, aside from Christmas day which I am taking off. I will indulge a little on Christmas day, but other than that will be very careful with my food intake - no chocolate or sweets, no fizzy drinks, no binging on carbs.

Then we get home on the evening of the 27th, so I'll be back on plan on the 28th. I'm hoping that by the end of January, I'll be on Step 2. In February, we are going to Istanbul for a week to visit my family - it's going to be extremely difficult not to offend people while I'm over there, but I don't enjoy Turkish desserts or chocolate so the main issue will be bread. I'm hoping by that stage to be able to make extremely good decisions and stick to things like eggs for breakfast, salad and meat for main meals.

I really want to be at goal by March, but preferably under 10.7 by the end of January.

I'd like to lose 20lbs by the end of this month, which will take me down to 12.7. I'd like to lose a further 20lbs in December - I think this is achievable as I am going to eat carefully and stay on plan for as much of the month as possible, as well as getting plenty of exercise. So by the end of December, I'd like to be 11.1 or so.

That leaves me with 1.8 left to lose in the new year, but I'm hoping to be at my lightest ever before NYE. My lightest before now has been 11.7.

When I start introducing food again, I think I am going to do two SS days a week, have one cheat day and eat low-carb for the other 4 days a week. I'm pretty sure that this will help me stay in good shape! On my cheat day, I will have breakfast, lunch and tea - things I was craving in the previous week. I'm going to have the same cheat day every week so that I stay in a routine with it and don't make excuses to binge-eat.

And that's all out of my head now, so hopefully when I have a bad day I can come back and read this and remind myself that it IS achievable, and that the only thing stopping me is myself. Food IS fuel, and I need to make sure that I remember that 100% going forward. Treats are all well and good, but when your whole life is a "treat", you get fat and have a bad relationship with food.

I am determined to do it this time. I am determined that before we have children (not on the cards for another 2 or 3 years at least!) I will have a better relationship with food, and will be fit and healthy.

Sounds like a great plan! I have a few social events over the next few months and hope to stick to protein & veg based meals. I have told my OH's mum that Christmas dinner for me will be turkey & veg so that's sorted...don't like her boozy trifle anyway :p x

Haha well that helps! It's good to have a plan :) are you spending Christmas with your other half's family this year? My mum-in-law does really kick ass roast potatoes so I'm afraid my Christmas dinner won't be low-carb!

Yeah Christmas day is at his mums this year then boxing day at my family's but there's going to be a buffet as there is loads of us! So just going to stick to meats and salads :) Really don't want to come out of Ketosis at all as I've heard its so much harder to get back into it? x

Well, my CDC said the opposite... I think it's a psychological thing a lot of the time? She said it only takes a day or two to get back into ketosis after breaking it because your glycogen stores are already well depleted. I think people probably struggle to get back in because they've had a taste of real food and they're more tempted to cheat? I don't know. I really hope it's not that difficult to get back into it, because I have 2 days later this month that will be fairly carb-heavy and I was hoping to go straight back into ketosis by the following Monday!

My Xmas day involves protein & veg no carbs.. I'm not really a big Xmas dinner fan I hate feeling bloated and to be honest if i'm full from a meal bar I don't think i'll be able to eat that much.. This will be my only break from CB until the 10th of January when I go away for 2 weeks.. I'm hoping I get rid of this 40lb before then as I am having NO breaks..

Lets see how it goes!

xoxo

You sound very committed Viita!:D I've got works xmas do on 06/12/13 and im annoyed because the restaurant don't do Xmas dinner which I thought would be the easiest to avoid the carbs (put the potatoes on OH's plate) so not sure what i'm gonna have now :confused:

It all looks yummy... I would give your dietary requirements as gluten free and no potatoes, as they may substitute the potatoes for veg then?

Ahh, Viita, you're so committed :) it's great. But I love my Christmas dinner and we only get it once a year so I'll be enjoying my real food that day! :)

Okay the best options...

Starter - Salmon

Main - Duck or Steak without the potatoes.. Ask for more veg say you are allergic..

AVOID dessert & the alcohol lol..

xoxo

Hate salmon & duck bleurgh! I REALLY want steak & chips but I thought I could go for the vegetable tart ?

Butternut squash soup is the only starter I like but will prob just have a few mouthfuls...

Not sure i'm going to be able to pass on the crème brulee ! ughhhhhhhhhh x

Hate salmon & duck bleurgh! I REALLY want steak & chips but I thought I could go for the vegetable tart ?

Butternut squash soup is the only starter I like but will prob just have a few mouthfuls...

Not sure i'm going to be able to pass on the crème brulee ! ughhhhhhhhhh x

LOOOOOL! Oh nooooo..

Well have steak and salad? The chips are yummy but they aren't worth it..

The tart will be bad as its pastry..

Soup is also good! Just no bread..

Nothings better then what skinny feels and how good you are gonna feel when those lbs drop..

A day off is a week to get back into ketosis!

xoxo

LOOOOOL! Oh nooooo..

Well have steak and salad? The chips are yummy but they aren't worth it..

The tart will be bad as its pastry..

Soup is also good! Just no bread..

Nothings better then what skinny feels and how good you are gonna feel when those lbs drop..

A day off is a week to get back into ketosis!

xoxo

A week? Really? ugh! but the steak comes in a peppercorn sauce mmmm and no mention of veg! This is a nightmare...why couldn't they be traditional and do a roast dinner! x

Ok got an idea..few mouthfuls of the soup, Just the steak no chips or sauce etc.. one spoonful of the crème brulee...no alcohol- just water! & then i'll do a 30 minute exercise dvd when I get home?? Will that keep me in ketosis? x

Back