Nicky's "Special" Diary

Last posting before my holiday. I am waiting on my final client - due in a few mins. OH & DD have gone upstairs to play, they were going to go out but it is raining. I need to go to work for a couple of hours (on a Sat!) as we don't have any cover for Monday & I need to run a report & send it out to lots of people. OH & DD are going to go to town to get a few last min bits & go to the car wash so we go on holiday with a nice clean car, they are also going to get my CDC modules in the post as I have now completed them all...

Looking forward to my week away, I looked up the weather & it sounds as if it should be nice....fingers crossed!

We need to leave our house at 4am to get to the port by 5:30 so it will be early to bed for me tonight.

Talk to you all when I get back.

Nicky

Ooooh Nicky,
just wanted to say 'congratulations' and wish you all a lovely holiday... :D

It'll be soo nice for you to actually have people notice that you are pregnant this time! I never did look pregnant, and each time vowed that the next time I would, but it never happened!!

when I had Jack I had to have an emergency section, as he wouldn't budge, and seeing as I had already had a section just 20 months earlier with daisy, I think they were afraid the stiches would burst or something... I was so embarrassed I had either 4 or 6 can't remember exactly, nurses or midwives standing either side of me on that tiny trolley thing, so that I would'nt fall of it whilst they did the section! Makes me cringe thinking about it!!

Mind you the christmas before last, when i ate on christmas day, and my stomach wasnt used to all that food, my stomach really swelled up, so much so that I did look pregnant :D i quite enjoyed it really, thinking, oooh this is what I would have looked like pregnant! hahahaha mad I know in a funny sort of way!!

Look after yourself
love
geri
x

Hope you had a great holiday Nicky and looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!, what time was it I can't remember???

Will call you laters after college, oh yeah you don't know I have gone back to college will talk more later!

Marie

What a great holiday we had. The ferry over was not so good. It was very rough & I think they had a "sick switch" I think ever child threw up within a minute of each other! I had Ellie giving me a cuddle & she threw up all over my top & trousers! I had a change in the bag for her but not for me - so I was stinking for 3 hours until I got back to the car & got changed - did a pretty public stripping off as everyone was getting back into their cars - but I was not going to get in the car in that state! Anyway after se was sick Ellie fell asleep & she was fine for the rest of the crossing.

When we got to France it rained for the first hour - then it was fantastic all holiday. We got into a routine where we did something in the morning, had lunch or came back for lunch, then Ellie went for her snooze & we went down to the pool for an hour or so before Ellie's dinner. Then most nights she went to bed at her usual time, but a couple of nights she stayed up & we went out for food or a walk around the town.

Word of warning, don't go at the end of the season - the ice creams at out campsite were half price!!!! We did not pig out too much though. I need to start eating sensibly again though.....OH has gone back on CD & is sat having a soup for lunch.

Back to work tomorrow & I have CD customers coming over tonight......

Nicky

I have not posted for a while as things have been a bit manic. We have had friends to visit who are moving to South Africa in 10 days - OMG I won't see them for so long once they go. I will see them on Friday at a wedding but OH can't go to the wedding so this was the last time he will see them for ages. We hope to go out this time (ish) next year. Baby will be 7 months & the weather won't be too hot.

Things are going well with pregnancy. I am now 16 weeks. I can feel baby moving a lot, especially in the evenings. I have had to undo my trousers the last couple of evenings, I think I will be putting a few of my clothes in the loft soon! I still have not put on a lot of weight & a few of my customers come in & say "you have not grown much yet".

We had curry last night & I had eyes bigger than belly syndrome - my friend & I left a lot of ours & even our OH's did not clear their plates! Then today we would have usually had bacon sandwiches - but we had toast instead! It is all about making those little choices!

I have my next midwife appointment on Tues - I only work part time, but my midwife is only at the surgery during inconvenient work hours, middle of the day rather than at the start or end. I know I am entitled to my time off, but it is a pain!

Chat soon
Nicky

Had a midwife appointment today.
We were comparing my blood pressure during my last pregnancy to that now, last pregnancy it was HIGH at the moment it is normal!!!!
I started my last pregnancy about 4 stone heavier than I am at the moment!!!
Also when I lay down on the bed she commented at how flat my tummy is!!! That is not to say it has not got a lot bigger (I am 16 weeks now) but it is a lot lot smaller than it was before.

DD is going to be going in a bed soon, I think we will wait until after her birthday then go for it - she was trying to lif her leg over the side the other day!!!

DD is excited about the baby & keeps sying "Brother, sister, Mummys tummy" & giving it a kiss. She helps me change her teddy's pretend nappies & I have said when the baby is here she will be able to help Mummy then!

More later
Nicky

I went to a wedding yesterday & had a great time.

I had bought a new dress as everything was too small or too big! All my (recent) old clothes were huge & my very old clothes don't fit again!

We had a great time & did lots of dancing. OH could not go as he had already booked & paid for a holiday in France (16 bikers going to ride around a track) so it was just DD & I.

It was very sad at the end as one of my close friends is moving to South Africa on Tuesday with her hubby. We all got a bit upset - the sad thing is she will miss seeing the new baby & Ellie growing up. We are planning on going over when baby is about 6 months.

Update you soon. Hope at least a couple of you are reading & I am not just chatting away to myself!

Nicky x

so how rough was I on Monday!? I don't know if it was a bug or something I ate...but I won't go into detail of what was happening! Luckily it passed as quickly as it arrived & I was all better, if a little wobbly, by Tuesday!

Went to visit a friend with her 11 week old baby today. DD was very good with her - even let me give her a few cuddles without any complaints! She wanted to show the baby her toys & gave the baby a kiss & cuddle when we left.

It is funny how your tastes change - we are having a treat tonight. Dry roasted potato & onions, carrot & peas & George Foreman cooken chicken breast! Yum Yum!

George Foreman was the best invention ever! Ours gets used about 5 nights a week! And so easy to clean!!!

Will waffle on soon.

Nicky

It's my birthday!!! 35 today!!!

Took DD for her jabs, then we went to lunch with my parents who are visiting for a few days. Have just sent M&D & OH out as I have a customer about to arrive (DD is in bed).

Baby is starting to move a lot more - especially when I am trying to get to sleep! OH has still not managed to feel it - baby stays still every time he tries!

Treat for tea tonight - but I won't say what as most of you are not eating!!!

Talk later.

Nicky

Life is going well for me at the moment. DD & I went swimming today with a friend & her daughter. Then we went & had lunch. When we got home DD went for her snooze & after doing a couple of jobs I fell asleep too! I have had a CD customer come over tonight & now OH is just cooking dinner (I am very lucky to have such a domesticated one!)

At the moment I keep having people say - you are not very big yet - so it may be that I am once more jealous of other people that look more pregnant than me towards the end...last time when I was 2 weeks overdue I put it down to being so big anyway!

Hope you are all well.

Nicky

It's my birthday!!! 35 today!!!

Took DD for her jabs, then we went to lunch with my parents who are visiting for a few days. Have just sent M&D & OH out as I have a customer about to arrive (DD is in bed).

Baby is starting to move a lot more - especially when I am trying to get to sleep! OH has still not managed to feel it - baby stays still every time he tries!

Treat for tea tonight - but I won't say what as most of you are not eating!!!

Talk later.

Nicky

Fete08.gif

Belated Birthday wishes Nicky!!!

Life is going well for me at the moment. DD & I went swimming today with a friend & her daughter. Then we went & had lunch. When we got home DD went for her snooze & after doing a couple of jobs I fell asleep too! I have had a CD customer come over tonight & now OH is just cooking dinner (I am very lucky to have such a domesticated one!)

At the moment I keep having people say - you are not very big yet - so it may be that I am once more jealous of other people that look more pregnant than me towards the end...last time when I was 2 weeks overdue I put it down to being so big anyway!

Hope you are all well.

Nicky

Hi Nicky,

It is great to hear that all is going well with you and as for not showing!!! I think most women would love to be neat and tidy whilst pregnant.

Everyone thought I was having twins as I was so big:(

You are lucky to have a domesticated husband...Mine has got that way in the last couple of months and I am enjoying watching him...it is all so new....it is like he got a brain transplant:D :D :D

So who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks:eek: :rolleyes:

Love Mini xxx

We have had a lovely weekend, a lot of it has fitted in around potty training DD (she is doing very well - 5 wees on her potty yesterday!). We have managed to go for a couple of nice walks (one long one & one not so long). I felt tired at the end of both of them - which is not like me, so I am glad I have decided not to do the 1/2 marathon.

I have been managing to eat sensibly most of the time but I have a bit of a thing for double deckers - I have only had 2 in the two weeks that I have been "craving" them, it could so easily have been more but I keep telling myself that I don't need it. My other craving is for roast dinners. This is not so bad as I am happy to just have some chicken, peas & another veg (both steamed), potato & onion (both roasted with just a hint of olive oil drizzled over it)....at least I am able to keep it relatively healthy!

No other news so I will get off.

Nicky

Well I have reached half way!!! I have my scan on Wed - so I will hopefully find out what we are having - I say hopefully as they could not tell with DD as she was lying under my bell button, I had to go back as they could not do all her measurements etc.

I have a midwife appointment tomorrow - so I will get to listen to the baby, I know it is doing well as it is very active - I notice it a lot in the evening when I am trying to go to sleep usually, however today at work I kept getting kicked!

I have managed to pick up this cold & sore throat that is flying around a the moment. As I can't take anything for it I think I am going to have to pop to the shop later & get some honey & lemon to make a hot drink. Any other suggestions greatfully received!!!

It is DD's 2nd birthday a week tomorrow!!! I am so looking forward to it!!

We went to a friends on Sunday, they have a little girl Ellie's age & a 2 week old. Lunch was a buffet & I had to laugh, whilst all the other children were tucking into crisps & bikkies etc Ellie was munching through tomato (her fav food), grapes, strawberries & some meat & a roll. Don't get me wrong she had a few crisps & a bite or two of my scone but I think the families eating habbits are rubbing off on her!!!

More later.

Nicky

Had my scan today - all is well but I have to go back as baby was facing my back & would not turn so they could not do all the measurements. We think it is a little girl - the guy doing the scan said he could not see anything "obvious" between the legs!!! We will ask again to make sure when we go back in a couple of weeks.

Nicky

Back