Nicky's "Special" Diary

It was DD's birthday on Tuesday - she was 2, the time has gone so fast. We had both sets of grandparents over on the day & she is having a little party with her friends on Friday.

Baby is getting bigger & I have a definite bump now (should have I am 21 weeks). I am finding sleeping at night quite hard - I think I will be having an early night tonight as I am shattered.

I have had quite a few customers today. Well done to you all (you know who you are!!!). It is funny as I am putting on as they are losing it - one chap made me laugh, he said it's a good job he is losing else I would not be able to get my arms around both of our tummies in a couple of months! (He did mean to measure him!!)

Gonna go & make my dinner - nice bowl of soup & a bit of bread for me tonight! I do think it is SO important to eat sensibly & not do the eating for two thing!

Nicky

Hi Nicky,

It is a mistake I made for sure eating for two:rolleyes:

But then I think everyone is inclined to do this when it is the first.

So glad you and baby are doing well, time seems to be flying 21 weeks!!!

Did you Nicky do CD after your last baby or before?

Love Mini xxx

It was after Ellie. I fell pregnant with Ellie whilst on the pill on day 5 or 6 of doing Atkins - doc said sometimes the pill can get washed out of your body!!!

It took me about a year after she was born to realise I needed to do something drastic before I fell pregnant again. I was 17st when I started dieting & 11 & a half when I fell with this one.

Nicky

It was after Ellie. I fell pregnant with Ellie whilst on the pill on day 5 or 6 of doing Atkins - doc said sometimes the pill can get washed out of your body!!!

It took me about a year after she was born to realise I needed to do something drastic before I fell pregnant again. I was 17st when I started dieting & 11 & a half when I fell with this one.

Nicky

Hi Nicky,

So it was after your first that you did CD. You did very well to get down to 11 1/2 stone!!!

How is the weight going now, do you find it easier to control because you would be more aware?

Love Mini xxx

I have gone up to just over 13 (I think 13st 3 the last time I stood on the scales), I think some of this is due to coming off CD, some is baby & some is because I will have the occasional treat that I probably would not have if I was not pregnant!

I am 22 weeks now, so even if I put on a pound a week it would only be a stone & a half!!! Meaning I would be 2st ligher than when I started the diet in Jan!!!

I think the telling thing was we went to a kids soft play place for little ones birthday & I was quite happy to climb up & down all the equipment & go down the slide etc (before I would have forced myself to do it - but not been happy about it!). I must admit I was tired at the end of it, but I think I clambered up & around it about 10 or so times!!!

One of my friends OH's came to take their little girl around (friend is due in under 2 weeks - & has a very large tummy now) & she said to him "didn't Nicky do well", he had forgotten I am pregnant & felt really guilty saying he should have had Ellie with him!!!

OH has had to work all day today - he is on call so it is expected, I fell asleep whilst little one had her snooze! DD is doing very well with her potty training & I just need to get brave & go out of the house with pants on now (that's on her not me!!!)

Nicky

I am off work today - I managed to get a cough. cold & sore throat, I struggle into work yesterday but did not feel upto concentrating today (yesterday one of the girls in my team asked a basic question & I could not work it out!) I have been having hot honey & lemon with water & a few cough sweets (but ones that don't contain anything?!) and I just have to let it work its way through.

I have actually done some housework (don't need ot be able to think to do that) & sorted the room Ellie will be moving into a bit, I have just sat down for a rest & thought I would have a quick look on mini's. I am going to pick Ellie up at 4:00 & get some sweets for the trick or treaters tonight.

Hope you are all well. Take care

Nicky

Feeling human again now after the cough & cold etc.

We went for our scan & they confirmed it is a girl. DD is still insisting it is a brother in my tummy but I think she is coming round to the idea.

I am starting to look pregnant, a friend said today you did not look pregnant at all last week - but you do today!

Nicky

You know the expression shop till you drop - well that was me today. A friend & I put our girls in creche & had a days Christmas shopping, started at 9:00 & went to pick the girls up at 4:00...I am shattered now, but very happy as I have done most of the shopping except for a few people, & some bits for DD & OH.

Not only that but we are going to Cornwall this weekend to see my folks so I have wrapped most of my parents, sister & her family & oldest friend & her family - means I can take it down & not have it all sitting at my house.

One happy

Nicky

Had a good time in Cornwall. It was lovely to see my parents & my friend (since age 4) and her family. Sister was another matter - we have never been great friends, but boy does she have a chip on her shoulder! Sat at Mums house after Dad had cooked for us all, Mum was in the kitchen doing the dishes & I had just put DD to bed, my 6 year old neice said Mummy I want a drink, sister said "go into the kitchen & Nanna will do it for you" - that would be the Nanna who was doing the dishes whilst my sister sat on her bum... families eh! Still don't have to visit her again until New Year.

It was great to see my friend, her new baby is only 3 weeks & I wanted to visit whilst he was still small. Her older lad is a lovely boy too. Best of all OH & her hubby get on very well. She is one of those friends you can go a month without talking to & just pick up where we left off. We lived a few doors apart from when I was 4 & have been very close friends since I was about 15. In all that time I don't think we have ever argued - except when we were on holiday in Germany (I was 18) , sleeping in a tent with her brother & we argued every night over who would go in the middle as he had VERY smelly feet!!!!

Pregnancy is goin well. I am 24 weeks now. I need to start eating a bit better - too much chocolate is slipping into my diet! I have not put on too much - but I think I need to think before I eat the junk!

Gotta go - DD has one of her teeth coming through & has just woken up - gonna go & rub some ambesol into her gums!!

Nicky

25 weeks now!!! I have been feeling very tired this week. We had visitors at the weekend & went to a party, I think it has caught up with me.

I am feeling the baby move a lot, but she is very low down, lying right across my hips & it can be very uncomfortable sometimes! DD is getting quite excited about being a big sister & moving into a big girls room with a big girls bed! We ordered her new furniture at the weekend, it won't be here until early Jan though.

Hope everyone is well.

Nicky

Morning Nicky,

25 weeks!!!

Where does the time go?

Cornwall is one of my favourite places I have been too...went there twice and did the tour around the coast roads. Myself and husband talk about going back for a holiday as this is where we went on our first holiday together:) and it is on our list of things we want to do.

Definitely going there in 2007!!!

I love reading your diary it is so very special and I am all excited for DD getting her own room and furniture....what a lucky little girl.

Time now for you to get some spoiling and to take it easy if you can.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks for the post Mini - I sometimes feel as if I am busy chatting to myself!

I love & miss Cornwall. I lived there for almost 30 years - we still go back a few times a year to visit friends & family. We are going down for New Years eve, will be a quiet one with my parents - but I can't drink anyway!

What is this spoiling & time for myself you talk about??? I am either at work, running around after Ellie, seeing CD customers or at the weekends we are always busy doing something...that sounds really grumpy & I am not, I love my life...but I do not get a lot of me time! I even find having a bath a bit of a treat!

Nicky

Blimey, hun - just noticed that you were 25 weeks already!! Where does the time go?

This is your second baby, right?

Isn't it funny how the second one goes so much more quickly than the first! When I was having my first girl, I thought the 9 months felt more like 9 years, but the 2nd and 3rd just raced past.

Does it feel like that for you too?

Hope you're feeling fab and glowing, hun!

This time it is going so quickly - no 1 is in bed at the moment! I think the rest of the pregnancy will fly past - we have Xmas coming up, then just 2 months later I will be due! Lets hope this baby is born on time, DD was 2 weeks late & the last 2 weeks were the slowest of the whole pregnancy - especially as her head got engaged about 6 weeks before she was due & I was walking like I had a bowling ball between my legs!!!! (sorry probably too much info!)

Nicky

I had a great time at the CD conference yesterday...OH however did not have such a great day!

He dropped me off then went shopping, DD is just out of nappies so she needed the toilet constantly & there were not enough toilets, it was very busy so he had to queue for the lift every time he went up or down floors. Then at lunchtime DD wet herself in the highchair. Afternoon DD was a bit grouchy, they went for an icecream (MCD drivethrough - by the time they ordered it DD was asleep) & OH moved the coffee cups from the journey up into 1 cup holder - I had not had all mine & he squashed his cup in & it went everywhere! He parked on a side road to sort the mess - stepped out of the car & stepped into some dog mess! DD then threw up everywhere! She continued being sick most of the way home....

Anyway - like I said before - I had a great day!

Nicky

Hi Nicky,

Glad you had a good day out at the conference and it was good of your husband to take over for the day:)

Great that you were able to detach and not let a few little mishaps:rolleyes: spoil your day:D What a wonderful husband you have there!!!

Will your mum spoil you when your with her for New Year!!!

Time is flying...three weeks to Christmas:eek:

Did you see all the photos in the photo gallery that Westhills/Ann put up?

If you have any taken yesterday would love to see them!

Love Mini xxx

Things are a bit manic in the lead up to Xmas so I have not been around much..we have had visitors this weekend & OH had to work on Sat (13hours) - still his overtime will go a long way to paying for Xmas!!!

I sat & wrapped the last of the presents that are not for Mark or Ellie last night - just have a couple more to buy for (Mark's Grandad & his stepdad), no ideas what to get for either of them!

Spoke to some friends earlier & between us we are busy until 6th Jan! Need to make some time just to pass the presents over - then we will get together for a proper get together in the new year...

Pregnancy is going well. Baby is lying awkwardly though - across my tummy & as low down as possible. A few times I have had to stop what I am doing as if was so painful & a couple of nights ago I woke up & could not move as it hurt so much (I think baby is just digging into something (not good on anatomy but it is very low down on my right hand side)), I had to rub around a bit to get baby to move then I could move. I have an appointment with the midwife on Tues so will ask her about it then.

Talk soon.
Nicky

Spoke to the midwife & she put my mind at rest. She said the baby is still lying low down & across my tummy & the pains are when she stretches out! She said that another 4 weeks or so & if baby still has not moved they will start to worry a bit more.

I felt a bit like a pin cushion when I left her as I had to give blood & also have my anti D jab.

Talk more soon.

Nicky

Hello everyone, hope you are all well.

I am getting excited about Christmas now - all the shopping is done, all the presents are wrapped, we buy a frozen turkey so that has to come out of the freezer tonight...

We are going to go into town tomorrow - OH to get my last few bits & me just to see what has been reduced (I love a bargain!) Also I love the excitement of the last couple of days shopping (safe in the knowledge that I am fully done!)

We went to OH's Mum's at the weekend - she does wind me up.....came away with a bag of presents from her for my parents, sister & her kids....& two envelopes for us, £20 each for OH, me & DD....I know I sound ungrateful but she could at least make the effort to get her only grandchild (& only child) a present! Not that she makes any effort during the year....

I am starting to look more pregnant, the baby was wriggling a lot over the last few days & last night I had limbs protruding from my tummy! I think she has moved around a little bit - I could feel her agaist my belly button..lets hope so anyway, I don't fancy having to have her moved by the doctor into a better position!

More later

Nicky

Back