No longer Miss_Taken about losing weight

Eggs aren't super free. Diary looks good

Hello! :)

Just read your diary - looking good! Congrats on your slimmer of the year award - you must be so proud. I'm just starting out, so trying to get some inspiration. It's so motivating reading about everyone's successes so far :)

.X

Hello! :)

Just read your diary - looking good! Congrats on your slimmer of the year award - you must be so proud. I'm just starting out, so trying to get some inspiration. It's so motivating reading about everyone's successes so far :)

.X

Thanks, I can't really believe it just now, but I'm delighted.
Good luck and if you need any help, let me know!

Another good day today, stayed on plan so far, sticking with success express. Think I needed the extra structure to get my head back in the game. Had a sneaky weigh in at home and if my scales are to be believed, I've about a pound and a half off since Monday, which isn't out of the realms of possibility, as when I stick to EE religiously, my highest loss was 6.5lb in a week, but more often around 4-5lb.

Breakfast
2 egg omelette filled with onion and cheese (HEA x 1) served with lettuce, peppers and onion

Lunch
Salad of lettuce, peppers, cheese (HEA x 1) and onion with 2 spoonfuls of pasta, tuna and lighter than light mayo (1 syn)

Dinner
Pork pieces stew filled with carrot, green beans, peas and sweet corn served with a few actifry chips and 2 small corn on the cob.

Snacks
3 rocky road hifi light bars (HEB x 2)

Total Syns 1
Healthy Extras 4
Water 1.9l so far

You're days looking good! What's success express though?

X

It's great for a boost if you get stuck in a rut, it's the first time I've tried it tho so forgive me if I misunderstand or don't explain something right.
If you're familiar with the other plans, then you know that sw recommend 1/3 of your plate should be super free and the other 2/3 free. Success express is the other way round with 2/3 super free and 1/3 free.
You get to choose twice from each healthy extra list (ie 2 HEA's and 2 HEB's).
During the day, you are encouraged to snack on only super free, syns, or healthy extras with the emphasis on super free.
When using syns, you have to pick the highest value quoted across all plans, so for example, while an item might be 1 syn on EE, if it has a value of 10 on green or red, then you have to count it as 10 syns.
As I say, I hope I've explained it right, but if you are interested in trying it, there are some great threads on here that explain it better than I could

Bit of an early check in today, as I have a busy evening, gotta go to my second job straight from the first, then spin class so dinner will be late, but its planned so I should be ok.
Last night was tough, the last hifi bar in my pack was hovering in my head all evening, but I wanted it today for lunch so I resisted. All proud of myself now :D

Breakfast
60g all bran golden crunch (HEB x 2) with 200ml semi-skimmed milk (HEA)

Lunch
Tuna mayo pasta (1 syn) with large salad of lettuce, onion, pepper and cheese (HEA)

Dinner
Chilli made with extra lean mince and mixed beans served with actifry chips

Snacks
1 rocky road hifi bar (3 syns)
1 tub of strawberries

Total Syns 4
Water 1.6l (will be 2.35l after spin class)

Bit of a tougher day today, think cuz it's the start of the weekend (and the fuse for the lights in the house blew while I was making dinner about an hour ago so I had to trail to the shops just before 9 when I live in the middle of nowhere and most shops were closed, to get a 5 amp fuse).
Anyway, on with the food diary

Breakfast
60g all bran golden crunch (HEB x 2) 200ml ss milk (HEA)

Lunch
Chicken salad with coleslaw and cheese (4 syns and HEA)

Dinner
Two small jacket potatoes with a pork "casserole" (I didn't follow a recipe, I just threw lots of stuff into my slow cooker) (1.5 syns)

Snacks
Strawberries

Total syns 5.5
Water 1.5l (so far)

Bit of a change today, back on Extra Easy as the other half's parents were coming for dinner and it was easier to make dinner for everyone that way.
Had a few drinks last night after posting and morale has dropped cuz I had another sneaky weigh and I seemed to have gained somehow. Tomorrow I'll be back on Success Express and we shall see on Monday how damage limitation has gone. Feel like I'm up and down like a yo yo all this week, but I managed to fit in half an hour on the spin bike and worked up a good sweat, so maybe that'll help

Breakfast
2 Weetabix (HEB), 200ml ss milk (HEA) plus strawberries, grapes and melon

Lunch
Didn't have lunch because breakfast was late and dinner was early

Dinner
Roast chicken dinner with mashed potatoes (1.5 syns), mixed vegetables and Brussels sprouts with gravy (5 syns)

Snacks
Fresh fruit

Total syns 6.5
Water 1.6l (so far)

Been really busy the last couple of days so not been able to post. Monday night saw my 4st award (just) tho with 4lb off. Bit disappointed after a week of success express that it wasn't more as I've often lost more on extra easy without really trying, but I got my award and that's the main thing. Back on EE, had a few blips already (cheese on toast is a killer, need to make up a pasta salad for when I get home from work hungry), but I'm hoping to be close to the 16st mark for my birthday (I've got just over a month, so that's roughly a stone to go), so I need to get my posterior in gear cuz I'm gonna need about 3lb a week to get there

Today's food diary is

Breakfast

2 egg omelette with cheese (HEA x 0.5) onions and peppers

Lunch

Fruit salad of strawberries, grapes, melon and orange

Dinner

Pork curry with fried rice and chips (all free)

Snacks
2 slices toast with cheese (HEA x 0.5) (9 syns)
Handful of chocolate chips (4 syns) (don't judge me, I needed a chocolate fix this morning :p)

Total syns 13
Healthy extras 1
Water 1.5l

Just in from spin class and I'm hyper, gonna try to wind down with a shower and dinner (I know, it's late, but I don't like going to class on a full stomach, makes me all lethargic, so I prefer to have it afterward.

Breakfast today was

Strawberries, melon and a tesco light choices strawberry yoghurt

Lunch

Chicken salad with lettuce, onions, peppers, tomato, and sweet corn (and a sneaky sausage roll...oops, not sure of the syn value but a basic large sausage roll is 17.5, so I'll go with that)

Dinner

Actifry chips, fried egg and lean bacon

Snacks

1 punnet of grapes

Total syns 17.5
Water 1.5l
Healthy Extras 0

Here to sub :)
-4 is fantastic :eek: I get excited about -2's these days! Have never had higher than a -5!
How are you finding S.E? X

Here to sub :) -4 is fantastic :eek: I get excited about -2's these days! Have never had higher than a -5! How are you finding S.E? X

Thanks buddy, don't know if I was doing success express right to be honest, and it seemed like too much work without much weight off, so I'm trying out original at the minute. It seems to be working much better, but I'll know for certain on Monday. My biggest loss was 6.5lb, but that was in the first month and at the minute, 2lb is fantastic as far as I'm concerned. I'm aiming for more this week as I'll have done 6 red days for the first time and I had a 2.5lb unexplained gain last week which really knocked me psychologically but if I have it and some more off on Monday, I'll be a very happy camper.

Wow- amazing loss!!

I love red! Was doing it religiously until recently when I realised carbs wasnt the probpem, just gluten. A lot of people have a slight sensitivity to gluten it seems... So I have cut out the pasta and noodles but am reintroducing green and ee with rice (fave thing ever!) potatoes etc and it's going well!
How are you finding Red? First few days I did it I had such carb cravings but I was relieved to lose them pretty fast!

5st award is a big one! Fingers crossed for it next week :D I'm 1lb off 6st award now... Soooo cloooose I can taste it. X

Wow- amazing loss!! I love red! Was doing it religiously until recently when I realised carbs wasnt the probpem, just gluten. A lot of people have a slight sensitivity to gluten it seems... So I have cut out the pasta and noodles but am reintroducing green and ee with rice (fave thing ever!) potatoes etc and it's going well! How are you finding Red? First few days I did it I had such carb cravings but I was relieved to lose them pretty fast! 5st award is a big one! Fingers crossed for it next week :D I'm 1lb off 6st award now... Soooo cloooose I can taste it. X

Wow, that's amazing! I would love to have mine by Xmas, and I think with red, it might be possible. Tbh, if I hadn't hit a slump at the start of the summer, I should have had it by now, but I'm just glad I seem to be over that hump.
I don't enjoy red as much as I feel like I'm scrimping for syns or a spare healthy extra to use for dinner, but it's working and I can't argue with that. I think that more than anything, is proof that the carbs/gluten were the real problem.
That's actually great advice, although I don't think I'm lucky enough for that to be my problem, as most of my carbs are potatoes. Maybe when my body adjusts, I'll change things up again tho, and either try green, or go back on ee.
The cravings were horrible for the first couple of days, not so much for carbs, but more for anything that would stay still long enough. I had breakfast before work, lunch on the go in the van, then between getting home at 3, and dinner time (usually around 6), all I could think of was food. I took to preparing something extra either the day before, or in the morning, and having a 4th meal (just something like a red day quiche or omelette). Think the very fact of having something suitable there made me crave it less. That seems to be past now tho, and I've settled down again to just 3 meals and they're much smaller than I had been having on ee. Definitely recommend red to anyone who feels like they're stuck in a rut, and I'll be sticking to it for a while yet :p

Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble ;)

I know what you mean- carbs really help fill you up so hunger happens much faster on red days!
I did find it took a while to get used to them before it was just 'the norm' but I think it takes a while to flush out the carb habits!
What happened during your slump for the summer? Good luck getting your 6st for xmas! An thinking getting to target for xmas (for me, as planned) is a bit of a push! Especially after a +2 today- woops! Though had a heavy meal out yesterday and havent been to the loo all bloomin' week so am going to blame that haha!

Red days are tricky to make for packed lunches! Whenever I have tried it tends to get a bit gross in the tupperware... And most meats arent great cold...
I love getting a cheapo salad from a shop and a pack of pre cooked sweet chilli chicken (though not the sainsburys sweet chili and lime one- ew!) and having them together- soo much more filling than getting a premade chicken salad that has like 3 tiny bits of chicken in!

Back