No longer Miss_Taken about losing weight

Sweet chilli eggs, what a great idea! Were they as nice as they sound? Where do you get slender sausages from? I would love to find some tasty sausages that are compltely free :) The closest I've got are saisos BGTY for 1/2 syn each but only the very big store seems to stock them & I don't have a car so it's a bit of a mission to get them, haha.

X

Sweet chilli eggs, what a great idea! Were they as nice as they sound? Where do you get slender sausages from? I would love to find some tasty sausages that are compltely free :) The closest I've got are saisos BGTY for 1/2 syn each but only the very big store seems to stock them & I don't have a car so it's a bit of a mission to get them, haha. X

The sweet chilli eggs are definitely a favourite, as I find scrambled eggs alone quite boring but they're a bit of a treat as I begrudge starting the day by using my syns (don't ask ?).
The slender choice sausages are made by a relatively new company from Southern Ireland (the lady who started it was a member with the same dilemma), and they stock them in Eurospar and Vivo over here (I'm in N Ireland). Don't know if anywhere on the mainland have picked them up yet though. Sorry I can't be more help, I know what you mean, because I've had the same problem until just this week when the shops here started selling these and Mallons gluten free sausages (can you get those? They're free too I think). My mum bought me a big fancy mixer/food processor/sausage making device for Christmas, so I think I'm going to to go the butchers to get some casings and try to make my own syn free sausages at some point, then I can experiment and see how they turn out.

image-904240386.jpg

This is today's breakfast (I skipped the sweet chilli for beans today, but otherwise the day should be much like yesterday.

Just back from first boxercise class at a new gym and it was fantastic. I did love the boxing gym I did my training at for the charity fight but it was pay as you turn up and I could never get up the willpower to leave the house once I got home from work. This one you have to pay for 6 weeks in advance and it's a little earlier so I find it easier to get out of the house.
Yay for regular exercise again, I've been out walking again in the mornings too, so I feel fantastic and so full of energy again. Hopefully that helps keep the eating habits on track ?

Awesome that you loved boxercise! I really wish there was somewhere near me that did it affordably :rolleyes:

Food sounds really interesting! I normally have ketchup with sweet scrambled eggs but might give sweet chilli a go now :D
Glad that you will give your C another shot, may take some gettingnused to as they all do it differently and you built up a real relationship with the last so the new ways are a bit out of your comfort zone! X

Thanks. I know I've been kinda letting silly things get to me and put me off, but I know I can do it. While the old c was brilliant, she's gone, but she taught me the plan and it was me who lost the previous 5st so I can do it again.
I'm so glad I've found this boxing class, as I'm totally buzzing to go again. Can't wait, even though Saturday I could barely move, and my abs are still feeling it today.

2.5lb off tonight, so I'm pleased. Still not 100%, so it's a surprise. Must be the walking and boxing. Think I'm going to give success express a go this week as the consultant clarified a few things about it, so I think I understand it better. I would absolutely love to get a good chunk into the 16st by next Monday (I'm 17st 1.5lb) as I'm going wedding dress hunting with my mum next Wednesday to see what sort of styles suit my shape, and although I know a few pound one direction or the other won't really make a difference, it's psychological. It's also a very motivating target to work for.

Wedding dress hunting sounds exciting, when's the big day? I know exactly what you mean about the psychological impact of a pound or two, can make such a huge difference to how you feel.

Making your own sausages sounds fun! How will you get the filling into the casings? Does the machine do that?

X

Wedding dress hunting sounds exciting, when's the big day? I know exactly what you mean about the psychological impact of a pound or two, can make such a huge difference to how you feel. Making your own sausages sounds fun! How will you get the filling into the casings? Does the machine do that? X

Yep, the machine has a big mincer then the casings go on the nozzle where the meat comes out and the meat is pushed into the casings...in theory :p
My wedding is on feb 20th 2015 so I'm a bit early for dresses, I'm just usually such a last minute kinda person that I don't want to wind up stressing, so I'm being all organised this time.

Wow, wedding on the horizon- congrats! But by this time next year you'll probably be at target and a totally different shape! Well, not totally different but... I've always had a small waist and big bum but cant believe how much my bum has shrunk :O boxing will be great to tone up your arms too, my arms have always been what I am most conscious of, they always are on display in wedding dresses!

I know, I'm so ahead of myself (about 6 months) as far as my dress is concerned, but my weight has barely changed in the last 6, and I think maybe if I can see what I look like in the style of dress I want (and how much better I could look), it'll help to remind me to work harder.
My overall shape hasn't really changed, I always carried my weight in my stomach area, with relatively narrower hips than shoulders...and no bum. I think I'm going to need a shrug or sleeves tho cuz my arms aren't much to look at. The boxing definitely helps them and my waist tho :D

Breakfast today

image-2806142840.jpg

Weetabix, semi skimmed milk, fruit and a banana to follow

Lunch is

image-3587578875.jpg

Rice, mixed veg, fruit and a banana to snack on. I also have 2 hifi bars

Not a clue what I'm having for dinner tho, maybe jacket potatoes

Ah I see, I hope that you get a boost from wedding dress shopping rather than feeling demotivated though! How comes you havent lost much in the past 6 months? I guess xmas really got in the way for me too and has been hard to adjust from, so annoying that a holiday celibration can do that :S

Thanks, it's been something I've been mega conscious of and have been putting off doing for a while because I've been scared I'll go in and there'll be all these gorgeous size 10 dresses and just this one dusty yellowed lace monstrosity in the back that they keep for the elephant sized brides and I'll spend the next week crying into my mountain of Ben and Jerry's and dairy milk while the OH pulls his hair out and rethinks the entire debacle (ok so I'm being a bit dramatic).
But in all seriousness, I think I'm ready to tackle it. I'm being honest with myself about things and I know the nicest dresses will still be in the "skinny" section and I am still going to have to go up at least one size (cuz wedding dress makers don't think brides have enough to deal with without them changing the goal posts), but I don't expect to find THE dress next week, just narrow down the options a little, and even if I am the exact same size I am right now on the day of our wedding, I'm still 5st lighter than when I got engaged.
As for why I've not lost anything much in the last 6 months, I honestly can't say. Maybe I've just gotten too lax because I know it can be done and I'm not feeling the pressure. My only excuse is that my head hasn't been in it since the start of autumn, when I had my first gain and I totally lost my mojo. It threw me off then when I got back in gear, I had a few weeks 100% on plan and couldn't shift any weight. That was when I tried red days which definitely helped, but by the time I got into the swing of red, it was Christmas.
Hopefully this week with success express I'll have a significant loss, and dress shopping will be tantrum free next week ?

Been a really good week so far, had a 1.5lb gain on Monday (which wasn't really deserved, but I think it was fluid retention), but it seems to have given me a kick and changed my outlook. I've stopped serial weighing, taken up coffee drinking (to suppress the boredom eating), started using myfitnesspal to control my portions and thrown myself into exercise. Aside from aiming for my morning walk every morning (it doesn't always happen but if I aim for every day, I'll be more likely to achieve at least 4 days), I've restarted c25k and am doing well. Gonna try to do it every weekday as well. I've got boxing class tonight and am looking forward to it.
I'm being realistic about weigh in on Monday, while it would be awesome to have a big loss, given the amount of water I've been drinking, the big step up in exercise, and the fact that my totm is due next week, I'll probably still only get a small loss, but I'll push through and keep it going, and hopefully this time next month, the big numbers'll come.
Ps, dress hunting was good, got scolded for saying it was too early cuz she reckoned it would need 5 months to arrive once ordered, and she would want it in front of her by November at the latest. Don't think I've found THE dress yet, but the ones I tried on either were a great fit or too big (yay!) and looked fine on. They just weren't the one. They also spurred my motivation as I'd hoped, as while they were fine, they'd be better 3 sizes smaller

Wow- you sound so positive :) amazing how 6 mo thd ago a gain made you lose control but now a gain had pushed you to exercise and do S.E! Thst's quite a change :O I'm tryig to do some bedroom exercise too but I keep geting such ahy calves that I cant exercise- then I lose the momentum :rolleyes:
Great that wedding dress shopping was such a positive experience! I dont think many brides find their perfect dress the first time they go shopping though! X

Back