No longer Miss_Taken about losing weight

Your profile pic is so cute btw! I remember seeing it on the NSV's thread and thinking "Wow.she's pretty!"
X

Tetris, I think I love u for saying that! ;) I think your pic is gorgeous! Don't really know why I seemed to hit a wall over the summer, I was doing a lot of exercise, and I didn't change my eating habits, but I've just been struggling since to have any kind of consistent loss. It doesn't mean I'm giving up, just that I'm working harder ;) xxx

I honestly did think "wow!" at the pic when I saw it in the NSVs thread- so damn cute! :D

Aw I had a similar problem in May- one month I had STS's and small gains when totally on plan and got so fed up! That's when I started red, never looked back. I calue Hex's above free carbs really though, but have cut out gluten and thus most cereal recently (noooooo)!

I found I didnt lose as much when exercising too :/ weird that... Apparently you retain water the day after exercise when muscles are healing, but not sure why that would affect things the week after etc. Silly bodies! But did you notice your measurements changing when exercising? :)

I think I got my mojo back! :D Finally tonight got my 5st award, and its looking like I might get the 5.5st award for christmas. I can't believe how well its going just now, I feel fantastic. Unfortunately our consultant broke the news tonight that she's leaving, and we will be getting a new consultant just after the new year (who I assume will be lovely, it just wont be the same), on the same week that will mark my 1 year slimming world birthday. Wouldn't it be fantastic if I could round out her last night with our group and my 1 year anniversary with my 6 stone award? 2lb a week would do it, so I think I'm gonna aim for it, and if I get there, fantastic, if not, well, I tried, and I will still credit her with being the main reason I have lost so much this time around.

I'm starting to realise this has become less of a food diary and more of a (mostly) slimming world related rambling diary of thoughts. My food diary would be pretty boring reading these days anyway, as breakfast is usually either weetabix with fruit and sweetener, scrambled eggs (with or without bacon) and side salad, or an omelette, lunch is usually a sandwich bar salad, and dinner is from a rotating menu of slimming world online recipes depending on whether i've bothered my backside to go shopping or not :D Gonna try a recipe I found on a slow cooker group tomorrow though for Chicken Dopiaza which I'm really looking forward to. I will post a pic of how it goes tomorrow if I remember.

Fantastic! Congrats!
Are you still on Red days?
Sad that your C is leaving :( I bet that will be quite emotional. X

Fantastic! Congrats! Are you still on Red days? Sad that your C is leaving :( I bet that will be quite emotional. X

Will be very emotional, our FB group took off last night and I'm sure there were tears when she made the announcement.
I've eased back onto extra easy but with a much better understanding about the size of my portions and the respective amounts of carbs, which seems to have worked wonders for my losses. It's less restricted than red which I need at this time of the year, but I know I will be back on red maybe on hangover days and after Christmas for some damage control.

How r u getting on?

Xxx

Ah I know what you mean- I've been craving carbs again so doing more EE too but gluten free so no bread/pasta, just spuds and rice.

Glad it's working for you! Have hit a bit of a wall myself this past couple of weeks but have been more relaxed about plan so bot sure if it is the carbs or the synssss!

Hope the new C is lovely too! X

So just in from my Christmas party and I am stuffed, no booze-imahol, cuz I'm working in about 5 hours, but I think I might have accidentally tripped and stolen the microphone from the lead singer of the band ?

Attachments

• image-2082097302.jpg
    image-2082097302.jpg
    507.9 KB · Views: 46
How did you manage that when sober?! :D
Hope you had a great christmas! You look fab in that pic- look how slim your legs look! :eek:

X

I have absolutely no idea, I'd say balls of steel but my skinny legs were knocking the entire time :p I got chanted into it by my consultant and my stepmother. I do have little matchstick legs, don't I? This time last year, my jeans were 22, now they're 14 :D
How's your holiday season going? Hope you're having a good time x

Sent from my (new for Christmas) Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

That's amazing :D I'm a 14 now too, my ass was a 24-26 last year! Can't believe it!
Had a great xmas, so busy! Today is the first day I havent had plans for in the whole of December, earnt this PJ day!
How was yours?

That's fantastic! Really well done, it's nice to be able to look back and go "wow". I almost bypassed new look went into river island yesterday looking new jeans (my oh was with me and refused to go in either). Just the feeling that "I can shop here now" has made the whole thing worth it.
Christmas was quiet, I've been totally off plan but weigh in is tonight, so back on the bandwagon again, and hopefully haven't too much on.
Enjoy ur pj day, I'm well jealous. I'm back at work :( xx

Awesomeee! :D

Finally met the new consultant. She started the first week of February, but because I knew I had an enormous gain (about 6lb) after the previous consultant's leaving party and a wedding fair, I didn't go. Showed up Monday past and had 5lb of the unregistered 6 shifted, only for the new consultant (who has been a consultant for quite a while, we aren't her first group) to announce to my whole class that I had gained 1lb. I REALLY wanted to like her :(
I might be being a bit unreasonable, as I probably would have been ok telling them myself, but that was my decision to make and I don't like being railroaded. I didn't make a fuss about it at the time, but it's been preying on my mind since and has really put me off going to group...the happy clappy hand waving didn't help to be honest. Quite a few of my group have already abandoned ship and I'm thinking of doing the same, and trying to find a different class, there just isn't one which is as convenient a time.
Either way, if I stay at this class or move on, I really need to get my backside in gear, I've been dithering about the same weight (+/- 4lb) since the start of December. That is shocking to me and there is no excuse for it. Just don't seem to be able to get my head back in the game.

Sorry for the rambling feel sorry for myself post. I will get my act together and start behaving better. Just about to sit down to jacket potatoes and beans for dinner, so new start begins now :p x

Hey, dont worry about rambling! Your diary, and I'm keen to listen!
I just had about 6wks of up and down too, couldnt get my head in the game after xmas... I think the best thing to do is challemge yourself to ONE 100% SW week (full syn allowance!) without any off plan days, then allow a nice take out/treat at the end. Breaking it down and seeing it as a smaller challenge always seems less daunting to me and in my experiemce a week of 100% is enough to detox out the cravings amd bad habits! After that intial week it is easier to stick to. I did this recently and it really helped...
It's a lot to go from a relaxed place to.very restrictive, but a week with a reward at the end and a bit of hard love along the way really helps me get into gear.

Sorry about the new C :/ that's pretty awkward for her to say it was a +1 when you'd actually done well to lose the gain! Did you talk to her about it beforehand? If not maybe it just came up in the system as that and she just read it as displayed?
I can imagine that's enough to put you off, I only went to one class and was instantly not a fan of the C, tried another twice but didnt like that one either. Good luck with finding a nice one x

Ah no, rubbish that your new consultant doesn't seem to be as good as the old :( She should have checked with you before announcing to the group! Grrr...

I've also been going up & down for a while so know how you feel. Still over 4lb heavier than my lowest 2013 weight. Oh well, we will get there!!! Hope you find a nice new group that you love.

X

Thanks Tetris and Em and welcome Belle ;), I've decided to give it a bit longer and try to get over it. My C isn't the person who mans the scales, one of the social team does that and she's lovely. I think there have been a couple of complaints because for the first time, she asked everyone if they were ok being called on, so my answer in future will be no.
Think I've got my head in gear again this week, it is by no means 100%, but it's much better than it has been. Today so far, I've had sweet chilli scrambled egg with side salad and bacon medallions (3 syns for the sweet chilli), and an early lunch of salad and 1 alpen light (I start work very early so lunchtime for me is about now). Dinner this evening will probably be slender choice sausages (free) with actifry chips and beans, or chilli (although the mince isn't free.
Feeling better already, thanks guys xx

Back