No more excuses! Back again for 2015

Well done on your 3 pounds off.

I am just subscribing as i restarted SW at home last week (i am a target member but havent been following the plan for ages) and going back to group. Thought I was the only one mad enough to start right before christmas . Well mine is even worse as starting right before i go on a 21 day all inclusive holiday ! leave 2 weeks today. But my plan is to hopefully lose a little before i go and as i have already rejoined a group be motivated to get straight back on it on January 8th.

If i hadn't started last week i know it would of been a free for all from now until jan 8th and i would have stones to lose instead of pounds (or at worse about a stone)

Good luck. I jsut wanted to say there are loads of SW curry recipes so no need for you to have a salad while hubby has a currry

Teresa

Hi Teresa

Thanks for subscribing, Well done for joining before Christmas too :) At least you will be in the right mindset during your holiday etc. That's the way I am dealing with it, I may have some slip-up's over the festive period but no where near as many as I would have had if I hadn't made the decision to join now.

I was ready to make the commitment so had to do it, if I had left it till the New Year I would have started making excuses why I should put it off (last year one of my reasons not to diet was that I had a cold and I couldn't taste anything - so I had to eat things that I liked! - how's that for an excuse?)

I will try some of the curry recipes, I am always dubious about how nice they will be, the only reason I didn't try it the other night though was that I really didn't feel like going out to buy the alternative ingredients, I should have thought about dinner earlier in the day :)

Great day out with my photography friends! My pedometer says I walked over 6 miles too so hopefully that makes up for my lunch

Today's menu

A choice: 30g cheddar
B choice: 2 Alpen light cereal bars

Breakfast: Sliced Banana, Grapes and Muller Light Yoghurt

Lunch: This was going to be difficult as I was out with friends, we went for lunch at a really lovely "posh" pub, so all I could do was choose the healthiest looking thing they had! I had Seabass and New potatoes which was good but unfortunately it was covered in Salsa Verde so I have added 6 syns for the Olive Oil - I tried to avoid as much as possible so hopefully that's about right...

Dinner: Just making up some chicken fajitas for hubby, I am having the chicken/onion/peppers etc (1.5 syns for the fajita spice coating) and my grated cheese (HEX) with some salad as I have run out of syns today for the tortilla

Syns: 2 x Nescafe Cappuccino - 7 syns - Olive oil - 6 syns - Fajita coating - 1.5 syns - Total 14.5

I treated myself to a pair of those silicone egg poachers while I was wandering about yesterday - they really work!

So brekkie was 60g wholemeal bread (Hexb) with small portion of baked beans and 2 poached eggs with a little of my free tomato ketchup - very filling and I feel ready to face the day :)

Have to do a "big" shop today to make sure that my cupboards, fridge and freezer are all stocked with the "right" things, also doing my Dad's shopping today and will spend the afternoon with him, uh oh! His house is full of cakes! But I will resist, trust me! I will make sure I have had a filling lunch before I go :)

Todays Menu

A choice: 40g Cathedral City Lighter Mature Cheddar
B choice: 60g Wholemeal Bread

Breakfast: 60g wholemeal bread (Hexb) with small portion of baked beans and 2 poached eggs with a little of SW free tomato ketchup

Lunch: Banana and Grapes sliced into Muller Banana & Custard Yoghurt

Dinner: SW Chilli mixed with New potatoes quartered, cheese grated and sprinkled on top - This was totally yum!

Syns: 1 x Cappuccino 3.5 syns..... may just have another small syn later though

I was really good at Dad's and wasn't tempted to have a cake - I had a black tea and that was it :)

I did buy some treats (biscuits & mince pies) for hubby, they are on the top shelf where he can reach them and I can't! :D

Chrissie you are doing really well, I am new to mini's forum but love all the posts, I love your diary. Very good way to stay on track.

Hi RosieBear and thanks!

It's all new to me too :) I thought that if I wrote it all down I would stick to it, I didn't feel ready to go to a group but thought this would be the next best thing :)

Today:

A Choice: 40g Light Cheddar
B Choice: 2 Alpen Light Cereal Bars

Breakfast: Fruit Salad and Muller Light

Lunch: Ham Salad with new potatoes and tbsn of lighter than light mayo

Dinner: Quorn Sausage and Mash with Broccoli, Carrots and Mushrooms and syn free gravy

Syns: 2 x Cappuccino 7 syns, 2 quorn sausages 2 syns, mayo 0.5 syns - total 9.5 syns (Week so far: 27.5/105)

Dinner was yummy tonight! I made the mash with a spoonful of fat free fromage frais and mixed in some sliced spring onions, then remembered about my Hexa and added some grated cheese too. Hubby loved it! What is it about men and mashed potato? I also made some syn free gravy using a stockpot and some smash powder, it tasted ok but didn't really look like gravy so I will experiment with it a bit more. I do like my gravy! :)

Last edited:
No! I wonder if I would be allowed to post you some? :)

I have decided that I don't drink enough water throughout the day, the odd cup of tea and coffee really isn't enough, I often have a couple of glasses of water in the evening but that's completely the wrong time as I end up needing a pee at about 3am! :D

Just drank half a litre, and need to get into the habit of doing that more often! I will aim to drink 2 litres a day.... which is a struggle, I never have been one for drinking enough fluids :/

No alpen lights for me today, I used my HEXB on wholemeal bread

Will be back later to post today's menu - off to work in a bit, then need to pack my tent... I mean dress.... for tomorrows party ;)

I read that mail online thing and mines Lear during day when I drink loads so im drinking too much but in mornings it's dark! I can't win haha

Haha! How did we get onto the colour of our wee? Oh yes, my fault :D

I think everyones is darker when you get up in the morning, specially if you have gone for about 7 or 8 hours without going as long as it's not reeeeeelly dark I am sure that's fine :)

My moan for the day

Don't you just hate it when someone (who doesn't need to lose any weight) says, "You don't need to diet, you just need to eat sensibly" (while they tuck into their burger and chips!)

What I want to say is "I AM eating sensibly, and until I lose my extra weight I'm calling it a diet! duh!"

Of course, I never say anything, I just nod and smile, but inside I am ranting so thought I would do it on here instead :rant2:

Maybe it's me, but it really winds me up!

Haha! Feel better now :D

Busy getting ready for the road trip tomorrow, have just had a brainwave and prepared tonights dinner so am posting today's menu now but may have to pop back to update once I have tried it....

A Choice: 75g Philadelphia Light with Garlic and Herbs (That is a huge amount!)
B Choice: 60g Wholemeal Bread

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs, baked beans on wholemeal toast (hexb)

Lunch: Tuna, New potatoes and loads of salad veggies, fat free dressing and 2 tablespoons of lighter than light mayo
........Really had the munchies today so followed that with a bowl of fruit salad and Muller banana and Custard Light yoghurt (all free!)

As it's Friday I fancied something naughty but nice but wanted it to be as free as possible. So I have just made a free version of chicken kiev with my philadelphia cheese :D I have basically flattened out a chicken breast, spooned some of the phili into the breast and have just rolled it in clingfilm and put it back in the fridge until I am ready to cook it, I am not going to bread it (if I hadn't had my wholemeal slice today I could have though) I plan to start cooking the breast for 10 minutes wrapped in tin foil to keep it all together, then bake it for another 15-20 mins with a little fry light - I will let you know how it turns out!

Dinner: Chicken Kiev (sort of) and Free SW Chips and Peas

Snacks:
Lemon Drizzle Alpen Light Cereal Bar - 3 syns and it's smaller than the choccie ones and I didn't even like it! :(
Cappuccino - 3.5 syns
2 tbns lighter than light mayo - 1 syn
Total 7.5 syns (Week so far 35/103)

Right! Back to cleaning the house and packing my bag! :)

Last edited:
Back