No more excuses! Back again for 2015

Well, even though I say so myself, it wasn't too bad! :)

I cooked it in foil for 10 minutes and it held together enough to finish it off on the baking tray with a spray of frylight, some of the filling did come out but there was enough left inside. Hubby said it was lovely too!

Me too! :D

Up early (ish) as I am off soon, we have a 4 hour drive with a stop for lunch then it's the Christmas Party tonight, breakfast at the hotel tomorrow then a 4 hour drive home with another stop for lunch....

1. I have packed some low syn treats (tic tacs and jelly tots) in case someone starts passing sweets around the car
2. I am sure lunch both days will be somewhere that I can get a salad or jacket spud so not to worried
3. Breakfast in Hotel should be fine as there should be a good choice and I have packed some fruit and Alpen lights if there is not
4. Am prepared to use up my remaining syns for this week at the party tonight but I hope I don't! Hopefully I won't feel so frumpy once I am the swing of things and will burn some pounds off on the dance floor :party0049:

I have a little notepad in my bag so that I can write everything down (probably won't do that tonight though :D) and will report back here on Sunday.

Have a great weekend!

Great party, feeling a little weary now...

The food diary is going to look a bit of a mess this weekend so I am going to start it properly again tomorrow but I did start ok yesterday :) I had my usual yoghurt and fruit for breakfast, a jacket potato with baked beans and cheddar (hexa) for lunch and a diet coke....

...Then it went downhill :D Walked into the party at 7.30 and was handed a pimms and lemonade, sat down to eat eventually and someone poured me a white wine and a cava! I made sure I had loads of water but I really am not sure how many syns I had in wine or food, I didn't have a dessert though and I think only the starter was very syn-ful (mostly cheese and pastry!) I am going to say that I used 60 syns which I hope is more than enough

Back on track now anyway with a free Beef Roast (including free gravy)

So this week total syns used to date 95/105 - Weigh in is on Tuesday, I don't feel like I will be losing anything this time round! Oh well, I knew it was coming and it really was a great party and a lovely hotel. :)

Last edited:
A quick report on the Free Gravy trials!

I tried a different one last night after reading through some old threads and made a couple of little changes...

I sliced one large white onion and softened in frylight, then while I was preparing the vegetables I threw a few bits of carrot in for good measure and one par boiled potato (I thought this would be better than the dried potato and I remember my Mum often thickened gravy with a potato), then added water and left it to simmer, I didn't have any oxo cubes so added one rich beef stockpot - these are free but the rich beef ones are really dark so it now looked the right colour for gravy. I left it to simmer for at least half an hour then blitzed it all with a hand blender so it was like thick soup, added a little more water a dash of worcester sauch and some grated black pepper and heated it through.

It was more like the sort of thick gravy that I like, still not the same obviously but I preferred this to the smash version, which was too pale and looked like it hadn't really mixed in that well. May try it with some mushrooms next time.

I am not going to make this all the time because the schwartz gravy that I like is only 1-2 syns for a serving but if I am trying to have a very low syn day this works well.

It's hard to believe this is allowed but it is all Free Food! I really didn't feel like breakfast this morning so popped out for a while to run some errands first, decided to make brunch when I got back and was ready to eat something...

my slimming world breakfast.jpg

Linda McCartney Red Onion and Rosemary Sausages, Sliced Mushroom, Bacon with fat cut off all grilled in the George Foreman, not even frylight needed. Poached eggs and baked beans and a dollop of homemade free ketchup. Woohoo! That will definitely keep me going for the rest of the day :)

Back later with full day report...

Todays menu:

A choice: 30g Cheddar - although I still haven't used it!
B choice: 60g Wholemeal Roll

Breakfast and Lunch: See above - Linda McCartney Red Onion and Rosemary Sausages, Sliced Mushroom, Bacon with fat cut off, Poached eggs and baked beans and a dollop of homemade free ketchup

Dinner: Casserole made up of leftover lean Roast Beef, potatoes, swede, carrots, celery cooking away in rich beefy stockpot - Don't think I will bother to thicken the sauce, that keeps it free. I will have this later with my wholemeal roll.

I have a sweet planned if I feel like one: 1 mini meringue and 2 maltesers broken up with some muller light vanilla yoghurt, raspberries and banana - a sort of eton mess with a bit of crunch :D

Syns:
1 Nescafe Cafe Menu Cappuccino 3.5
1 Mini Meringue (if I use it) 1
2 Maltesers (if I use them) 1

Total Syns: 5.5 (or 3.5 if I am extra good ;))

Snacks: Grapes

My next post will be my 50th post, I can't believe I have waffled on for 49 posts already :D ....... Tomorrow will also be my week 2 weigh-in........ after this weekend I have prepared myself for an STS, anything off will be a bonus as I don't feel that I deserve it, but I really hope it's not a plus! :fingerscrossed:

Last edited:
1lb off this week! Better than I thought after the Christmas Party weekend, I can still feel the effects of it even now!

Hopefully I can be good for the next 2 weeks in time to give myself Christmas Day off :)

Ok, New Week, No parties planned ..........although I might be having a takeaway on Friday :eek: at a friends, I have said I would prefer Chinese although it wouldn't normally be my choice.

Just walked down to the supermarket with my shopping trolley, which is about a mile round trip (not a tartan old lady version mind you, slightly trendier but still a shopping trolley) and have started to plan todays menu:

Hexa: 45g Feta
Hexb: 2 x Alpen Light Cereal Bars

Breakfast:
Raspberries, Blueberries, Banana and Grapes with Muller Light Yoghurt

Lunch: Reheated Beef Stew from last night
it was really lovely and filling and didn't need to be thickened, so a great free meal that I am definitely going to do again, hubby took a bowl to work too, if he loses loads of weight and I don't (He doesn't need to) then I will be less than chuffed :)

Dinner: Sea Bass, New Potatoes and Salad or Veg (I have tons of both in the fridge after my shop, I can barely close the door!).... Update!! I have changed my mind, we will have the Sea Bass tomorrow.

I decided that as I still had some beef left from Sunday and I didn't want to waste it I made some syn free rissoles, my Mum used to make these every Monday if there was any meat left from the Sunday roast and I used to love them... Have posted the "recipe" in next post

Dinner: Beef and Potato Rissoles with stir fry veg

Snacks:
Nescafe Cafe Menu Cappuccino

Syns: 3.5 - will probably have a couple more though :)

Update. ..add 3 more syns for pud

Last edited:
Beef and Potato Rissoles like Mum used to make, only syn free!

Leftover Roast Beef or Lamb (any fat removed)
Cooled Mashed Potato
Onion
Garlic Clove
Chives
Coriander
Parsley
Chilli powder if required
Salt and Pepper
Egg to bind

Measurements all depend on how much meat you had left over so you may want to play with the ingredients a bit to suit your tastes.

Mince the cold beef in a food processor and empty into a large bowl, then add the onion, garlic, chives, coriander and parsley (or any herbs that you like) to the
food processor and add to your meat, season as necessary.

You should need about two parts meat to one part mash potato, add the cooled mashed potato to the meat mixture and stir in an egg. Mix together and the egg should help bind the mixture. Make into thin round patties (like fish cakes)

In a frying pan heat some frylight and cook the rissoles until golden on the outside and heated throughout, turning occasionally.

Very tasty!

Re: No more excuses! New me for 2014

Haha Thanks. If you could see my kitchen you would take that back! :D

I wish I was organised on work days, still find it hard planning ahead.... It's usually a matter of pot luck :)

Sent from my smarter than me phone

Using MiniMins.com App

I am back on the water works subject again... sorry :D but if I can't tell my diary who can I tell?

I am wondering what the difference would have been if I had weighed myself tonight rather than this morning... I could be wrong but I bet I am less this evening if that's possible. ..

Since the party on Saturday I have tried to drink plenty of fluids but haven't really peed that much.... today though, I have been peeing like a race horse!

Sorry folks! Not the sort of thing I tend to discuss with hubby though ;)

Anyway. Dinner finished, going to make a quick low syn pud and settle down to Last Tango in Halifax...

Using MiniMins.com App

Well I had to do it for the sake of my experiment... :whistle: I weighed myself again this morning and I am 1.5lbs lower than yesterday, tummy not bloated today and no longer peeing like a race horse, so that's what going to a party did to me, even though I didn't think I drank that much (it is always more than you think though) and drank plenty of water at the time, I must have been suffering the effects of alcohol dehydration for at least 2 days afterwards....

:ashamed0005: I know you shouldn't weigh yourself between weigh-in days but sometimes I just can't help myself, I did it last time I dieted years ago and to be honest it didn't do me any harm, it actually kept me focused, your weight can fluctuate from day to day by a couple of pounds some times, but that just means that you are lucky if it shows the best loss on your weigh in day, so even if you tell me not to do it I probably still will. Just my view though!

There I said it :)

I am a daily weigher too most of the time and most of the time it doesn't effect me. In fact it effects me more if i can't weigh for a few days then weigh and am surprised by the number.

I track my weight on an app called true weight it evens out the up and down fluctuations to give you a true weight and shows your overall trend

Keep up the good work

Thanks, I knew it wouldn't be just me :)
Will check out that app!

Using MiniMins.com App

Hi! Thanks for joining, I don't think my diary will be as interesting as yours but will try not to disappoint on the SW weight loss front! :)

Back