OBG (Operation Bridal Gown!)

We'll have to brain storm for challenges.

For example:
  • Introduce a fruit or veg we wouldn't normally eat into our plans for a week. Might be something as simple as throwing in a bit of spinach to a curry or other dish. Would only have to do it once! Might add variety.
  • Do we have pedometers? I have one somewhere. We could aim for a certain amount of steps per day or week for a week or two?
  • To take real note of our portion sizes for a week?
  • 15 jumping jacks before bed for a week?
They're all a bit silly but I think if we keep our challenges really simple and short it'll be doable for everyone!!
That's a good idea. Just one easy challenge per week.. keeps it simple but contributes to overall goal. And we can swap between food/exercise or weight goals so we can keep it fresh and taylor it to whatever we want to focus on at the moment.
I vote for an exercise goal for week 1 challenge. (I had a week off last week and need to get back into doing something :D )

That's a good idea. Just one easy challenge per week.. keeps it simple but contributes to overall goal. And we can swap between food/exercise or weight goals so we can keep it fresh...
I vote for an exercise goal for week 1 challenge. (I had a week off last week and need to get back into doing something :D )

Sounds good to me... I've recently joined the gym so it's all new to me :D

I also like the ide of food challenges, I get really stuck in my ways, if something works and I like it, I'm prone to having it every day which I know isn't good. Variety is key I think.

I am slightly unhappy with my triceps (bingo wings :p) my OH who does a lot of weights said that until the fat is gone no toning is really going to show. Although I have been doing some weights...
I've also been thinking about trying some of this; Soap and Glory The Firminator® 200ml - Boots

I have the 'Sit-tight' stuff they do for legs/thighs which I do think has tightened the skin and helped with the cellulite a bit but I'd quite like to give this a go on my tummy, but it does say iti is good for arms too :)

Any excuse to buy Soap and Glory :p I love it!!

Eeeek- is it only 10 months, 1 week and 3 days until our wedding?!
When did you get engaged Cailin?

I know - every time I look at the wedding ticker, it scares the sh*t out of me LMAO!

We got engaged on 29th May this year, which is also my b-day. My OH wanted to have everything on the same day so he can't ever forget :8855::8855:

It's second time for us both - so quite informal but this time it feels right :eek: :eek:

When did you get engaged? Will it be a big wedding?

Right guys- I really need to stop being lazy and get off the laptop! The sun is actually back out again so I should really do something outside and make the most of it! And I need to go food shopping...
I will be back on tonight and we can set our first mini challenge. Have a think about what you would like to do- I guess we don't all have to do the same as we don't all have the same goal/concerns/area to focus on.

xx

I know - every time I look at the wedding ticker, it scares the sh*t out of me LMAO!

We got engaged on 29th May this year, which is also my b-day. My OH wanted to have everything on the same day so he can't ever forget :8855::8855:

It's second time for us both - so quite informal but this time it feels right :eek: :eek:

When did you get engaged? Will it be a big wedding?
We got engaged christmas eve. I'd just about given up hope after 9.5 years!
It's going to be quite big, I guess, only because we have quite big families.. but we are trying to keep it as realaxed as possible. And trying to keep the budget as sensible as possible too... easier said than done sometimes :rolleyes:

wow i totally love this thread guys!!!! OBG rules!!!

I dont have a date yet (i will have soon) but my estimated wedding day is 'October 2011' - so can you put me down!!!

I weigh in on Thursday nights and want to lose as much weight as possible!!! i dont have a goal really - just AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!! haha!

Seriously though - i think another 4 stone would be good! :) xxx

oh and ive been engaged 3 weeks this Thursday - and been with my fella for about 2.5 years - our anniversary is in October, so looking to get married on or around our 4 year anniversary together!

Good luck brides!!! we can do it!!!! xxx

We got engaged christmas eve. I'd just about given up hope after 9.5 years!
It's going to be quite big, I guess, only because we have quite big families.. but we are trying to keep it as realaxed as possible. And trying to keep the budget as sensible as possible too... easier said than done sometimes :rolleyes:

LOL - Good Luck with that and enjoy the sunshine.

wow i totally love this thread guys!!!! OBG rules!!!

I dont have a date yet (i will have soon) but my estimated wedding day is 'October 2011' - so can you put me down!!!

I weigh in on Thursday nights and want to lose as much weight as possible!!! i dont have a goal really - just AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!! haha!

Seriously though - i think another 4 stone would be good! :) xxx

Elle - wow you have done amazing so far! I'm totally in awe!

Elle - wow you have done amazing so far! I'm totally in awe!

Thank you so much Cailin - I have been doing SW ages though :) and i am sometimes such a cheater - im always on and off plan - making up for the naughty weekends, but its chipping away nicely!!! Its taken me 38 weeks to lose just over 3 stone! xxx

Thank you so much Cailin - I have been doing SW ages though :) and i am sometimes such a cheater - im always on and off plan - making up for the naughty weekends, but its chipping away nicely!!! Its taken me 38 weeks to lose just over 3 stone! xxx

Thats more than 1lb per week :D If I could do the same I'd be over the moon!

Does anyone else have a wedding blog?

I love reading wedding blogs. I go through phases of posting in mine then forget I have one! Haha.

Hi guys... I am back :)
I definitely want to set my mini challenge for this week as an exercise goal. I want to do at least 90mins of exercise by Sunday. (I have at least made a good start on that today by doing a 45 min walk into town) 45 mins to go!

I will add my goal to the front post. Let me know what your mini challenge is and I will add it up there 2. I can be anything you want to achieve by Sunday (thought it would be easier to keep it as a Mon-Sun 7 day period then it doesn't matter what you weigh in day is :) ) whether that is exercise related, food related or y'know, whatever :)

xx

Last edited:
ps, I don't have a wedding blog, but I do have a wedding dress diet blog. Link is in 'my homepage' section of profile info. Generally (when I remember to update it) it's a food diary, weight loss journal and occasional musing on wedding related stuff
xx

i would like to be in the lower stone bracket....that would mean i would have to lose 1.5lbs this Thursday!

x

Back