Oh to be a consistent Target Member!!

Slept so well last night except for some rain storms this morning...not sure what time that was.
Scales down a smidge...will have to do better than that for tomorrows weigh in but could be looking at a gain this week. :sigh:

Breakfast: Options (2) chopped fruit & Alpro plain yogurt (Hex A)

Lunch: jacket potato, small amount of leftover tuna mayo, feta cheese (Hex A) half plate of mixed salad & fat free dressing.

Snack: Options (2) small bar 70% chocolate (7)

Supper: minis (Hex B) pear & greengages, Alpro choc dessert (5)...boy was that good!!

Total syns: 16

Walked for an hour this morning and another 30 mins this afternoon.

Last edited:
I hope your weight continues to drop in time for tomorrow

My scales were down 1/2lb this morning.
Well :scale: and was up 1lb so not as bad as I thought!!

Yes am starting on Kay's salad challenge today, although I'm not officially registered of course.
Maybe I can get some more variety in my food plans.

Will post my food when I've given it some thought...

Last edited:
I always write a daily food diary but in my short hand. To do this challenge I've had to check every food I was going to eat in the book and written it under columns on a sheet of A4.
Day 1 -
Green day: no carbs

Breakfast: banana, strawberries, raspberries & grapes with Alpro plain yogurt (Hex A.) *I eat this at group after my weigh in. Resisted having a cup of Options but drank 500ml of water.*

Lunch: SW quiche - (SF) cauliflower, zucchini, carrots, green beans, onions, peppers, mushrooms, (Free) peas, 3 eggs, 35g Soya cheese (Hex B) (ate whole quiche!)More water

Snack: cup Options (2) small bar 85% dark choc (7) More water

Supper: mixed salad: (SF) lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, pepper, onion. Tuna (Hex B) & really light mayo (1/2), fat free Italian dressing. More water - over 2 litres.

Total syns: 9 1/2.

1 hour walking.

I'm actually worried that all this is a lot more food than I'd normally eat...

Last edited:
I think because it looks like two (full) meals and I don't usually allow myself that. To be honest I feel like a new beginner to SW....really reading the book again; I think I'd got complacent and also more concerned about having goodies with my syns!! I constantly ask myself if SW has taught me anything about healthy eating? Mainly because after weigh in I would dive for some / lots of foods that should all be syned and never bother to count them. OK I know it's good to be at target but it's also caused me a lot of stress.

OK so proved that theory wrong...scale was down 3/4lb this morning...but now I have a carb day; albeit small amount, so will see how I go.

Green day
Day 2:

Breakfast: Options (2) chopped banana, nectarine, strawberries, grapes & Alpro plain yogurt (Hex A) glasses water

Lunch: (Free) 2 sausaages, rice, (SF) 1/2 can chopped tomatoes added mushrooms & onion to make a sauce, carrots, broccoli, runner beans.

Snack: liquorice tea, small choc bar (7)

Supper: SF: lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, onion, beetroot. Free: hard boiled egg. 37g Feta cheese (Hex B)

Total syns: 9

Water 2+ litres

Walking...60 mins

Last edited:
Phew went out at 3pm and didn't get home until 7.50pm....boy was I hungry and so appreciated my salad!!
It's been a good day food wise, I'm putting more thought into menus which can't be a bad thing. I spent some time going through the back issues of the SW magazines looking for some ideas too.

Last edited:
Do you have an aldi or lidl near you ? I get my dark chocolate from both of them. The one I have just finished was dark chocolate with ginger and 4 squares is 89 calories or 4.5 syns.

They also do the cheap after eight mints think they are 2 syns each.

I think I over did the pasta tonight but I did have it with salad.

Yes I have both those stores. I have been buying the Moser Roth pack with 5 individually wrapped bars in...one a day!! Confession time is that if it's me breaking pieces off a big bar I have been know to chow the lot down!! You know how you sometimes just get the taste and can't stop....:(

When it says a 'small' portion of carbs I wasn't sure how much was small...I weighed out 130g rice uncooked, which was for both of us. I probably had 4 tbsp, Joseph had his and there was a small portion over too.

I would say a small portion would be less then the recommended portion so about 50g uncooked for rice or pasta and maybe 150g of potatoes but that is a total guess.

We had more then that tonight but sounds like what you had was spot on

Dont think I will bother with weigh in tomorrow due to tonight's pasta

Back