Operation little black dress - Former SW addict to Cal Counting queen

Thanks guys!!! I'm pretty chuffed with it to be honest as I have eaten less but allowed myself a few more treats, plus that includes a curry night with onion bhajis and naan bread, along with a bucket load of gin!

Anyway! Back to it today and researching a little more into calories and 5:2 to see if its worth trying.

Brilliant loss - well done :D x

Go Jennie!! x

Thanks! I may need some 5:2 meal advice. Thinking of giving it a go next week. Going to have another week watching my calories and then try it. I'm going to try and get hold of the book too and give that a read before I start properly.

Thanks chicken. I'm going to have a google in a bit and then steal a few recipes from your diary/inst.

Crazy crazy weekend.
Managed to calorie count for the most of it, and even though I was over my 1200, I was still within a healthy range and shouldn't put on because of it.

Back to my food diary!

B: 35g Porridge with 100ml skimmed milk and 80g raspberries.

S: Black coffee with a dash of skimmed milk 25ml?

L: Chicken salad with fat free dressing. Apple, pear and mullerlight.

I've also swapped my weigh-in day to a monday, just for ease more than anything. Not ideal straight after a weekend, but it might make me be a little better at a weekend too.

So! Weigh-in this morning showed a loss! And I'm down to 9st 9.5lb! Woop

T: Chicken dinner with oxo potatoes and veg.

Crazy crazy weekend.
Managed to calorie count for the most of it, and even though I was over my 1200, I was still within a healthy range and shouldn't put on because of it.

Back to my food diary!

B: 35g Porridge with 100ml skimmed milk and 80g raspberries.

S: Black coffee with a dash of skimmed milk 25ml?

L: Chicken salad with fat free dressing. Apple, pear and mullerlight.

I've also swapped my weigh-in day to a monday, just for ease more than anything. Not ideal straight after a weekend, but it might make me be a little better at a weekend too.

So! Weigh-in this morning showed a loss! And I'm down to 9st 9.5lb! Woop

T: Chicken dinner with oxo potatoes and veg.

well done!! :)

its flying off you! x

Woohoo! Go you!
It really is flying off! Are you finding it hard to stay in the 1200 or just loving the flexibility of it?! Xxx
Enjoying the flexibilty. I am generally still eating "SW" meals and I'm going back to meeting tonight as it's worth me staying a target member.

But overall, I worry a lot less about going over my syns and try to stay as close to 1200 as possible. On weekends I do go over, but at the moment I'm still losing with it so I'll take that!!!

I've spoken to my OH and he's up for trying the 5:2 diet in the new year, so I'll be starting that then, or sooner if the weightloss plateaus again befor xmas.

So... After going back to SW meeting last night, I felt a lot happier with everything. I lost 1lb on the scales from my last weigh-in and felt back on track. I decided that, I should give Slimming World one last try... Recently my heart and head haven't been in it at all, but last night did give me the motivation to just drop everything else and give it one last final push and see what I can do.

Therefore!! With calorie counting put to the side, we start a brand new slimming world week.
I weighed in last night at the meeting at
9st 10.5lb

Ideally, I'd like to be at the lowest end of my target range for Xmas or even just below that!! So 9st 4lb... So lets say 7lbs in 8 weeks! Completely do-able.

SLIMMING WORLD FOOD DIARY
DAY 1

Breakfast
Raspberries and 2 kiwi. Quaker Oats so Simple multigrain porridge with honey. Skimmed milk.

Lunch
Asda Spiced chicken and mango salad (3 syns). Mullerlight Mandarin.

Tea
Gammon and egg. SW chips. Broccoli and mushy peas.

Snacks
Banana. Grapes. Hifi light (3 syns)

Syns: 6/15

Welcome back to slimming world!
That is definitely doable before Christmas. I really need to join you and get my head in the game too. I'm really sloppy with syns and my healthy extras at the moment. I need to re start f er om scratch like you .
Did you get out and run yesterday? X

Welcome back to slimming world!
That is definitely doable before Christmas. I really need to join you and get my head in the game too. I'm really sloppy with syns and my healthy extras at the moment. I need to re start f er om scratch like you .
Did you get out and run yesterday? X

Same here. Calorie counting will always work, but I think now I've got portion sizes back in my head, I can carry on forward with SW and syn and eat my healthy eaxtras the way I should be doing. Plus it makes cooking so much easier for me!!!

I didn't... I feel bad that I didn't but by the time I got home from group it was 7.30pm, then I had to make tea as the OH doesn't cook, so it would have been pretty late and it was chucking it down... I'm hoping tonight will be a little bit brighter maybe and I can get a quick 3 miles in maybe? With the OH hopefully.

My friend has now emailed me about a recipe exchange too, which will be interesting to get recipes from other people that I don't know :)
If you fancy it let me know your email via PM and I'll forward it on to you.

Glad you are giving it one last go - I really do see the SW plan as the most sustainable one I've ever tried :).

Also, I wonder why I'm only allowed 10 syns per day though :\. The night I joined it was a cover consultant running the class but the week after a girl I know who was roughly same height/weight as me was told up to 15. I wonder if it would matter if some days I used 15?
x

Glad you are giving it one last go - I really do see the SW plan as the most sustainable one I've ever tried :).

Also, I wonder why I'm only allowed 10 syns per day though :\. The night I joined it was a cover consultant running the class but the week after a girl I know who was roughly same height/weight as me was told up to 15. I wonder if it would matter if some days I used 15?
x

It is 15 syns per day for everyone. No matter what weight or size etc.
So you are doing well managing on 10!! Haha
I do 105 for the week alot of the time as I go over on a weekend

My friend has now emailed me about a recipe exchange too, which will be interesting to get recipes from other people that I don't know :)
If you fancy it let me know your email via PM and I'll forward it on to you.

Recipe exchange? How does it work...except for the obvious! Lol

You send your favourite most used recipe to the person at top of the list and forward the email to 10 friends x

Back