pcos and trying for a baby

This site is so good. Thank you for your posts ladies.

I have PCOS and my GP has told me that they'll do nothing until I lose weight. I'm really worried. My husband and I have now been trying for a few years. And the PCOS diagnosis only happened last year after me saying for years that I was finding it hard to conceive and lose weight. The practice nurse in my GPs surgery where I went to for diet help just used to treat me like I was a criminal wasting her time.

I've finally got off my bum and begun the Cambridge diet. Also bought Exante to continue the programme once my Cambridge packs run out.

Fingers crossed. Once my BMI is less that 30 I plan on going to my GP and saying - right I've lost all this weight now do something.

Hi Channytella,

Yes, I guess they don't understand, not really how hard this journey is for us. Its not like we want to be overweight or something. But no, it must be our fault. We must be weak and stupid or whatever. It really annoys me.

Good luck and fingers crossed we both get what we want.

Hi Girls!

Hope yas don't mind me joining in here..
I'm 22, have pcos - no monthly cycle at all - been with my partner for nearly 6years, wanting to try for a baby for a while now but petrified of going to the docs incase they say I'm too young to help as it happened to a friend of mine.
I am trying to loose weight but I think I'm putting too much pressure on myself as one week I will be fine & stick to it 100% and the next I'm eating non stop of everything that's bad!
How do I stick to it and be successful...

Nichola.. :)

Hi Nichola! I was in that position as well and at the same age. But I went and honestly none of the doctors have said anything like that to me. But I had to wait a year from first goin to the doctors about it,to be referred and now I'm stuck in a rut with 6 monthly appointments just telling me I need to lose weight.
But don't be hard on yourself! I am following slimming world and would recommend it to any one:) x

I am following slimming world and would recommend it to any one:) x

Hi Kylaa,

Slimming world does work. It worked for me, but as soon as you go off plan the weight comes back. I went on a 9 day holiday just before Easter an put on a stone. After that was too disheartened to go back to group. But then, on the 6th of June I started on Cambridge VLCD for a week before doing research and moving on to Exante. In about 3 weeks I've nearly lost a stone. Feeling so good. I plan to be on Exante for a while before going back to group [possibly] to help with the maintenance thing.

Good luck with your own journey. I hope we all get what we want.

I too have pcos i gain weight and dnt have periods, i had lap n dye in 2005 and my ovaries drilled but still nothing no change, i have been to many doctors and i get no where, now ive started on a lipotrim diet in order to reduce my weight and my bmi, im 34 and my clock is ticking, and all i want is a baby. Seeing my friends have children and being preg is all i every one, i have recently become married and now its my time to have a family give my parents their 1st grandchild!!

So good luck to all thats having ops.. And hope every one gets the results that they want. Having a forum helps i think to spj to ppl that in the same boat!! Xx

I too have pcos i gain weight and dnt have periods, i had lap n dye in 2005 and my ovaries drilled but still nothing no change, i have been to many doctors and i get no where, now ive started on a lipotrim diet in order to reduce my weight and my bmi, im 34 and my clock is ticking, and all i want is a baby. Seeing my friends have children and being preg is all i every one, i have recently become married and now its my time to have a family give my parents their 1st grandchild!!

So good luck to all thats having ops.. And hope every one gets the results that they want. Having a forum helps i think to spj to ppl that in the same boat!! Xx

Hi, I'm going a way in 2 weeks,but plan on starting Lipotrim when I get back as well. I've been doing some great research,and as hard as it seems I think I'll be able to do it. Have you started yet?

Hi... Yes i started it on sat so day 3 and its been ok, it is hard but its will power and wanting a baby so badly this is my last chance/hope... I just hope it works againist pcos cause the weight gain but ill keep u updated i have a weight in on friday/sat so hope i have a loss which will push me further,
Will say thou that if u have to cook for other ppl and its ur
fav food thats the harder part but i just make my shake and sit away from them,
Hope u have a nice time away and ill re post once i get weighed!!! :):):)

Hi... Yes i started it on sat so day 3 and its been ok, it is hard but its will power and wanting a baby so badly this is my last chance/hope... I just hope it works againist pcos cause the weight gain but ill keep u updated i have a weight in on friday/sat so hope i have a loss which will push me further,
Will say thou that if u have to cook for other ppl and its ur
fav food thats the harder part but i just make my shake and sit away from them,
Hope u have a nice time away and ill re post once i get weighed!!! :):):)

That sounds great!I'm thinking along the same lines as you. It's so disheartening thinking you can't conceive naturally and the trying takes it's toll. Look forward to hearing how your weigh in your :)

P.s, I love cooking but never seem to have time. My social life is ideal because it doesn't consist of going out for meals with friends etc so hopefully all okay

Sounds good then, just make sure u have your 3 shakes and plenty of water the water is the keeps headaches away!!
And yes its horrid i hate the fact i cant just fall preg, some times i dnt feel like a women!!
But to the future we shall look :):)

Wow, that's brilliant Danielle!! So so happy for you :) operation definitely worked well for us both. Will have to keep everything crossed that we both have sticky babies. We'll be due a week or so apart :D xx

Hi Sarah sorry i havent had the chance to get on ive been having very bad sickness :( i got an early scan done also and heard the heartbeat etc but ive to go on wednesday for my 12 week scan have u had yours yet ? i cannot wait i cant believe we have been so lucky so happy for us :D how have you been feeling ? xo

Hi Sarah sorry i havent had the chance to get on ive been having very bad sickness :( i got an early scan done also and heard the heartbeat etc but ive to go on wednesday for my 12 week scan have u had yours yet ? i cannot wait i cant believe we have been so lucky so happy for us :D how have you been feeling ? xo

Hey Danielle
Hope you're feeling better. I've been feeling rubbish, to be honest. Constant nausea, dizziness and headaches. Been off work for 6 weeks as I can't look at tv or computer without everything spinning. Doc has finally put me on vertigo tablets so hoping they work.
Had my scan on Friday and I'm further than I thought, I'm 13+3 today. Had a scan at 11 weeks too because of some mild bleeding.
Other than sickness how have you been getting on? Has the sickness passed yet? Xx

Hey Danielle
Hope you're feeling better. I've been feeling rubbish, to be honest. Constant nausea, dizziness and headaches. Been off work for 6 weeks as I can't look at tv or computer without everything spinning. Doc has finally put me on vertigo tablets so hoping they work.
Had my scan on Friday and I'm further than I thought, I'm 13+3 today. Had a scan at 11 weeks too because of some mild bleeding.
Other than sickness how have you been getting on? Has the sickness passed yet? Xx
Awww uve had it bad then by the sounds of it :( hope ur feeling better asap!! I cant wait to my scan then I will find out how far on I am etc... did u get a due date then ? ive been just feeling like rubbish I just want to sleep and when I waken I feel sick and really thirsty :( and my eating pattern is so messed up! ive been craving take aways and cant face nothing else so ive been eating them yet when I went to the docs last week I had lost 1lb :confused: but yea its a horrible feeling im glad its now tho as im hoping it will be away by the end of july because I go away to turkey in the middle of august for 2 weeks so ill get plenty of rest then x

Awww uve had it bad then by the sounds of it :( hope ur feeling better asap!! I cant wait to my scan then I will find out how far on I am etc... did u get a due date then ? ive been just feeling like rubbish I just want to sleep and when I waken I feel sick and really thirsty :( and my eating pattern is so messed up! ive been craving take aways and cant face nothing else so ive been eating them yet when I went to the docs last week I had lost 1lb :confused: but yea its a horrible feeling im glad its now tho as im hoping it will be away by the end of july because I go away to turkey in the middle of august for 2 weeks so ill get plenty of rest then x

Yeah they gave me the 6th January so I'm 13+4 today.
I was like that with food and sleep. I was going to bed at 7 and sleeping through until 9 and having an afternoon nap. The tiredness isn't so bad now. I can go to bed a bit later and wake up at 7 nearly every day. Haven't needed afternoon naps for the past few days either. I think it's finally easing off. Still get worn out if I try to do too much so I'm pacing myself.
With your weight the same thing happened to me to start with. I've eaten so much bad food and lost at the start but have now put on 3lbs. I'm finally starting to be able to eat 'good food' so hoping to keep my gain as low as possible.xx

Yeah they gave me the 6th January so I'm 13+4 today.
I was like that with food and sleep. I was going to bed at 7 and sleeping through until 9 and having an afternoon nap. The tiredness isn't so bad now. I can go to bed a bit later and wake up at 7 nearly every day. Haven't needed afternoon naps for the past few days either. I think it's finally easing off. Still get worn out if I try to do too much so I'm pacing myself.
With your weight the same thing happened to me to start with. I've eaten so much bad food and lost at the start but have now put on 3lbs. I'm finally starting to be able to eat 'good food' so hoping to keep my gain as low as possible.xx
hey how are you now ? have you any bump showing ? im in to my 14th week now :D I think its flying in so far im still feeling really drained not as much tho thankfully awww ive probley put on altho all im eating is chesse toasties and cereal I cant face nothing else.. altho I may start trying to as im off to turkey on the 19th august I find out what im having on the 17th august cant wait and I had my wee 12 week scan the other week so all is good :) x

hey how are you now ? have you any bump showing ? im in to my 14th week now :D I think its flying in so far im still feeling really drained not as much tho thankfully awww ive probley put on altho all im eating is chesse toasties and cereal I cant face nothing else.. altho I may start trying to as im off to turkey on the 19th august I find out what im having on the 17th august cant wait and I had my wee 12 week scan the other week so all is good :) x

I'm not too bad. Still got the dizziness at 15w + 6d. Can't believe I'm 16 weeks tomorrow!!! I've put 6lbs on now but for four months I'm not too worried. I'm also a fan of toasties at the minute too, cheese onion and tomato!! Got my 20wk scan on 19th August so ill be exactly 20 wk but not finding out the sex. Managed to buy a few bits so far. Got the wedding in march too so need to get organised. Glad you're doing ok. We're going to Wales in August for a week to stay with Toms mum & Dad so it'll be nice to get away and be looked after :) and yeah, got a bump but its more like the fat I had getting harder. It's harder on a night though but its definitely there!!x

I'm not too bad. Still got the dizziness at 15w + 6d. Can't believe I'm 16 weeks tomorrow!!! I've put 6lbs on now but for four months I'm not too worried. I'm also a fan of toasties at the minute too, cheese onion and tomato!! Got my 20wk scan on 19th August so ill be exactly 20 wk but not finding out the sex. Managed to buy a few bits so far. Got the wedding in march too so need to get organised. Glad you're doing ok. We're going to Wales in August for a week to stay with Toms mum & Dad so it'll be nice to get away and be looked after :) and yeah, got a bump but its more like the fat I had getting harder. It's harder on a night though but its definitely there!!x

awww I hope the dizziness goes away for you I hate having dizzy spells! wow 16 weeks its flew in and only putting on 6lbs is excellent im going to get weighed tomorrow so I will see then how much I have put on all this bread probley isn't good for me but im really addicted to toasties it must be a pregnancy thing :D but wen im in turkey I normally live on the baked potatoes because out there they are to die for but not this time as I cant have coleslaw :( so I will defo put on a bit in turkey but I have to eat I guess :rolleyes: my 20 week scan is at the start of sept but im going private in august for my gender scan as I want to shop shop while im in turkey so it will be 2 weeks baby shopping lol that's good get plenty of rest and let the in-laws fuss around after you.. yea mine seems like that too but seems to always be there at night time mostly wen I lie down in bed.. x

awww I hope the dizziness goes away for you I hate having dizzy spells! wow 16 weeks its flew in and only putting on 6lbs is excellent im going to get weighed tomorrow so I will see then how much I have put on all this bread probley isn't good for me but im really addicted to toasties it must be a pregnancy thing :D but wen im in turkey I normally live on the baked potatoes because out there they are to die for but not this time as I cant have coleslaw :( so I will defo put on a bit in turkey but I have to eat I guess :rolleyes: my 20 week scan is at the start of sept but im going private in august for my gender scan as I want to shop shop while im in turkey so it will be 2 weeks baby shopping lol that's good get plenty of rest and let the in-laws fuss around after you.. yea mine seems like that too but seems to always be there at night time mostly wen I lie down in bed.. x

I'm hoping once I feel back to normal I can start eating really healthy food again and try to minimise how much more I gain in the next 24 weeks. We've done some shopping but not
finding out the sex so its a lot harder. Haven't a clue what we need so at the minute it's vests, sleep suits and bibs.
Never been to Turkey, is the shopping good there? Was supposed to go to Oludeniz years ago with an ex but cancelled it when we split up. Bumped into an old friend yesterday and she asked when we were having babies so the bump must not be that noticeable yet. My friend who's just had a baby said her bump literally doubled in size between weeks 17-19 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. X

Back