Phat to THIN!

Day 5.

Work day :(

I find work days easier to deal with than normal days when I'm on exante.

On previous diets, work days are the ones that usually go to hell. I am rushed in the morning, so don't have breakfast. I go to my first school early doors, then I get a 10 minute break - just enough to fly home, check the post and throw a coffee down my neck, then it's out the door to the next school.

I don't finish there until 3pm and then I go and see my husband. I bumble around there for half an hour and then I have private lessons until 7.

I get home from that and I am just shattered. It's usually a take away. It doesn't matter what diet I am following, its a curry, chips or pizza. period.

That's why I love exante! I can have a stash of bars and bottles of water in the car at all times. I can eat between lessons if necessary and all I have to do is microwave my meal when I get home. Brilliant.

In fact it's probably easier than ordering a take away and waiting for the delivery. It's also cheaper!! We probably spend about £60 a week on takeaways and beer/wine to go along with it alone! I am already seeing the pounds change in ALL senses!

Last week they had a great offer on exante which was a make your own box of 60 products for £60. Thats 3 weeks grub! I ordered 2 lots of that - one for me and one for the husband. He thinks its a lot easier than other ways too. He sits in his shop all day and its too easy to order a chippy for lunch or a burger from across the road. Having meals sitting in the cupboard for him is amazing. I think he will find it even easier than me in the long run.

Both of us are in ketosis, both of us are following totals plus, and both of us are drinking Sugar Free Cream Soda from Tescos instead of wine/beer which has sucralose and no citric acid :)

I haven't got a clue why citric acid in the drinks is not a good thing, but I don't want to eat that aspartame stuff. It's a coincidence it doesn't have either to be honest, as I would still drink it if it had both, but I wouldn't like it. I don't really like coke or lemonade or other fizzys. I find the cream soda less fizzy and nice and sweet.

On another subject I am worried about a dinner we have to go to on friday. Its likely to be either a bbq or a home cooked something. They are usually buffet style so I might be able to get away with very little carbs if I am careful. I have to ust think - it's one meal. It's just one meal. it's only one meal!

But I am worried that I might blow out and not be able to keep myself in check.

I am going to have to strengthen my self control! ;)

Day 6

well it started out great... But deteriorated over the day. I felt really ill. It was like someone put 2 bags of sugar on each shoulder... Just enough to drag you down. Got worse and worse and towards 3pm I could hardly keep my eyes open - as a teacher that's not the best!

It got worse and worse and in the end I went to bed to save me from myself. I slept for 3 hours from 5-8 and when I got up, my husband was home already and saying he felt really unhappy and rubbish too. He said he felt low and annoyed. He'd eaten 3 meal packs and was still in need.

There was absolutely no reason for us to feel this way, so as I was feeling worse, not better I decided to eat a full dinner. I had fish and veg.

I figured I was either needing food or conning myself and I would see how I felt afterwards to make a judgment if this happens again... However within 20 minutes I felt so much better.

so I don't know why we both hit the wall but we did.

Back on it tomorrow, though. Figures that it's one meal and still low in calories... Therefore still less calories than I have burned off.

I'm not too worried about ketosis - it helps with hunger, but I'll have to forfeit that bonus. At least I will still lose weight as it's physically impossible to eat less calories than you burn and gain weight.

I am lucky I have my Ki Fit (like jaw bone or fitbit) to show how many cals. Today I burned 3000!! I ate about 1000 so it's all good. It gives me a physical reality check as it measures exactly how many calories I burn every minute and sometimes I am surprised!

Well that dinner derailed us both. Day one again for us. We now have a wedding to go to at the end of July and it would be nice not to be nudging the 19 stone end of 18 stone. This morning I was 118.6kgs - about 18stone 9ish. Hubbie was 106.3 - 16 stone 10ish. He said he was disgusted with himself as he has now put on weight since starting. We are trying to make an exercise plan, but its hard to get an hour into our day to be honest. We have to make time though.
So onwards and downwards.

Hi Phat :) How are you getting on?

Day 5 - Lets go!

Day 5 117.7kgs (down from 120.9 on day1 - Monday)

We had a bit of a blip but re-started on Monday. Both of us are back on it full throttle and it's going really well.

One thing I had been using this week was a social network group.

However, after carefully using it, engouraging people, cheering people on etc etc… I inexplicably got kicked. I have no idea why, no one messaged me, no one has even contacted me after I messaged all the admins - ALL of them!! LOL. :confused:

It is really quite upsetting actually as I was finding it a source of serious encouragement. There were a couple of ladies I was really getting to know - even after 4 days - and we were all jollying each other along. All my posts were positive and in line with the rules so I have no idea why I have suddenly been shut out and not a soul has contacted me. I hope one of them reads it here.

I was so hurt I could have broke last night. I know that is a ridiculous thing to say and to many it will seem really dumb and pathetic, but no one really knows me, or where I have come from and that hurt like something else. For the sake of a message, was it really worth someone nearly falling off the wagon. If I had fallen off the wagon, I wouldn't have been placing another order and therefore denying exante money they should have had.
If I had done something, then at least tell me, not just let me randomly find out that I was kicked. I mean WOW!

Or is there a technical problem with the group? I am really upset about it - I assume you can tell ;-)

But anyway, rant over. At least the if the people I was talking to read this at least they will know I didn't just give up. That is also de-motivating for them too. I just disappeared, so its like easier for them to quit. I know thats how I would feel.

But we are fighting through it. I didn't cheat, slip or bump in the night and I must say we are quite in the zone!

On day 3, I struggled to get my toffee, nut and raisin bar down. That was my 3rd meal of they day, and I just put it down to the heat. I leave it until the evening while we are watching TV as a treat… but the mojo wast there to eat anything!

Yesterday through, I was lying in bed and said to my husband "Oh NO! I forgot my bar!" So i completely forgot about my yummy bar to eat in front of the telly. I watched telly alright, but just didn't find the need to snack on the bar. So I feel bad about only having 2 packs yesterday.

I am well into ketosis, drinking loads and not hungry in the slightest. The weight is coming off amazingly! 3.2kgs in 4 days (7 lbs!!) Wow huh!!??!!

I am also back into my walking. I used to walk a lot, but got out of the habit of it last term because I had such a heavy teaching schedule, and nothing fitted in. However, I am now off for 6 weeks and intend on doing a walk each day. So far I have managed it each day! I am just off for my 5th walk of the diet!

Last edited:
It would have been so easy to do that , but I managed it :) onwards and downwards!!

ahhh 5 loooooooooong walks completed. All over 6km and in this heat, I think that's a bit of a result! Feeling very proud of myself and looking forward to seeing the results afternoon pancakes.jpg rewarding myself with some afternoon coffee and pancakes :)

Day 7 today. Feeling bright and bushy tailed, if a little weary in the muscles.... I wonder why? My hip really aches and so do my shoulders... But I haven't been doing anything out of the ordinary!

Hmm oh well. I'm looking forward to the weigh in tomorrow... Me and my husband have both had a sneak peek at the scales, but we're not going to let on just yet ;) we are rather pleased with ourselves!!

Yesterday was tough. I felt like I was hitting the wall, a bit like the last time. I could easily have caved and eaten some toast (I dreamed of toast actually!! Lol) but I didn't. Instead I grabbed a bag of choco balls and went to bed. I figured that, yes, that's two portions.... But the whole bag was less calories than a bar... So it had to be the best option. It was! It really hit the spot for me.

So that's what got me through yesterday.

On my next order I am going to get some of the wine flavoured crystals and see how that makes my Friday and Saturday nights. I miss big brother with a glass or 10 of red.

I am actually surprised to not miss the alcohol. I am a bit of a wine head and used to quaff a glass or two every night. Obviously not the alchie I thought I was haha! My liver must be having a fun time though!!

I think if I have something special, like the crystals, then it will be something like a treat to look forward to.

Going to buy my treadmill tomorrow. A really good one, so that I don't blister in the sunshine or get soaked when it rains. It hasn't rained so far - but sheesh! Walking in 30 degrees for an hour is a pain at 19 stone!!!

Happy Sunday people!

Day 1 - Week 2 + WEIGH IN :)

Week 1 weight loss - 10.6lbs!!!!!

So Starts week 2!

It's officially the longest I have been on Exante now. I must admit the last few days have been really hard. I wonder if that's because it was the weekend? Maybe. I have much less to do at the weekend so could be just a lack of things to be busy with makes my mind wander to food, or the lack of it.

Whatever, I am determined to stay strong because I SOOOOOoooooooo want to be a couple of stone lighter when I go back to school and all the kids will be like "Whuuuuut????" and also the staff too hee hee! :D

I have exactly 6 weeks left to do this, so I can't put it off, or kid myself that I have ages. I really really want this, and I know I am going to get it!

My target is to lose 2.5 - 3kgs a week (5 or 6lbs) a week. This would mean at least another 15 - 18kgs off (2 or possibly 3 stone)

That will be AWESOME! I will then be lower than I was at xmas and only 6kgs from my lowest ever weight :)

FABULOUS!

BRING IT!!!!!!

Yep! Really happy with that. Your loss was great too!! Hope you're getting on well too! I have just got back from a 7.5k walk… last week, it was scorching hot at I was soaking because of sweat… today is was nippy and raining so I was soaked as well!!! Cant win! I have therefore ordered £300 worth of Treadmill! I hope it's a good one. I sold a really good one about 8 years ago and regret it very very much. I paid £25 a month for the gym for many years to just walk! So instead of joining again, I invented in the only machine I used. In a year it will have paid for itself!! :)

Week 2 - Day 2

Looking forward to doing the accounts? Nope! Got my coffee and water right here ready and waiting, at least the accounts occupy me for hours at a time and I don't have time to think about food, let alone eat it.

Last night was tough. We are using a brand new accounts system and its so frustrating having to learn something from scratch after years. I could easily have cracked, had a curry and a bottle of red.

They are my go to 'i can't be bothered with life' foods.

Instead, I cooked some cabbage, cauliflower and flat beans - 100g of each - and the exante shepherds pie and we sat and had that at midnight!! Dedication knows no bounds LOL!

Hi Phat

Just reading your diary to date. I can relate to so much you have said, especially about turning to comfort food when upset.

We are both in week 2 and have similar amounts to lose. Hopefully we can support each other.

My next goal is losing 1st stone. 2lb to go. Great if it goes before WI on Friday.

Jac x

Well still going strong... Day 11 now I think... Yeah day 11!

Wow I hope it gets easier... It's not that I'm hungry, because I really am not.. But just that my son was eating hand made burgers this evening from our local artisan butcher and home made chips! :( but if not that then it's a nice roast chicken dinner, or a lasagne or falafel or even a bloody sandwich!!! Whatever it is, I smell it and want it!!

Then there's the times you have a bad crappy day and think about how relaxing with a glass of wine would be right about then... Yeah that's the tough bit I hope goes away soon.

All I can think of is that I am nearly a 3rd of the way through my full on weight shred and it's just 4 more weeks until I can start working solution. Obviously I know I can do that now, but I want the big drop first and I know I will be forever wondering what could have been if I hadn't done it. I have this summer holidays to really go for it with the weightless and the exercise and I full intend to do it.

It's tough though. Maybe, like the hunger, these cravings will fade as my body gets used to the fact that I'm not giving in LOL!!

I will re assess the situation in September, because I tried this whilst working before, and it didn't happen for me because it's too full on with hundreds of kids. I don't stop from 6 till 10 and I just think I found it too tricky. Unless I eat just bars. I do actually love the nut raisin bars and I love them even more if they've been in the fridge and are well hard and take ages to eat :)

I could do that, but I reckon I would get bored very quickly. I dunno... We'll keep going through the hols and I'll make a decision then.

Hubby is doing well too. He's lost just a few more grams than I have, but essentially the same amount which at the moment is 5.2kgs for me and 5.7kgs for him.

Happy days.

Hi Jac, thanks for stopping by my diary. I will pop over to yours and have a read. It's always really good to have people following the same path at the same time isn't it! The times I have nearly caved this week lol!!! But the emotional eating is a curse! I really wish I knew the secret to change that. Hey ho! I look forward to hearing about your week when I have a read :)

That ends day..13! Can't believe I have nearly made it 2 weeks this time!!! I am so very pleased with myself to be honest. I am so proud that I have withstood all the calls from nearly every aisle in the supermarket and stuck to it! I honestly didn't think I could!

I find it interesting how your mind try's different tactics out on you... I am not normally a chocolate head. I could have a whole packet of something in the cupboard and it could stay there forever. I like things like curry, or Chinese, or as a snack, something like toast and cheese, or marmite. I guess I am a salty girl rather than a sweet one!

During these last 13 days I have been tugged at longingly by cookies, crumpets, chocolate, chips, crisps and even fruit like strawberries and raspberries! I notice that all of these things are also totally carbohydrate!

Don't get me wrong, I could still have murdered a curry and a bottle of vino every single day, but these other things that never even cross my mind are begging me to eat them.

Thankfully this kicked in at its worst about day 8 or 9 and it's mainly over completely now. It must have just been my body giving it's final GIVE US OUR DAILY CARBS scream!!!

Today has been fine and the last two days in particular relatively painless.

Although my weightloss had slowed right down to practically nothing and last night I was a bit miffed to have only lost 1 pound over the previous 5 days, I stuck with it and I was thrilled this morning when I jumped on the scales and saw them move 3 pounds further along! How can that be, honestly???!!! Body's are random. I have excellent scales (a blessing and a curse!) which cost a bomb, but they deliver a result second to none, so I am always amazed when the body holds on to that fat with all it's might and then just can't hold on any longer and dumps it in one huge go.

Bizarre.

Anyway, looking forward to closing my 2nd week of exante tomorrow and embarking on week 3 on Monday!

Night people

Brilliant Phat! Really glad your cravings have passed & you are finding it easier. I'm feeling better too...weird that it hits a lot if people hard in the 2nd week but goes in time for week 3.

I totally relate to the savoury v sweet debate. I can usually pass on a dessert or cake in favour of a starter & curry. But I'm really enjoying the chocolate and banana shakes over the savoury soups & meals which are probably the sweetest!! Wonder if our taste buds will change?

Are you feeling more active? I love this new found energy.

Good luck for week 3 xx

I know right? Very strange. I am exactly the same. Would defo have a starter and main than a pud. Weird. I am really loving the pancakes too. I only have 1 packet left now, but will be ordering more next time I see the 50 for 50, 60 for 60 deals. I really like them.

I am also finding my energy is abundant. I am up at the alarm, and often before, and not tired etc. I think that I must be getting a better sleep because of not having alcohol. It's bad I know, but I do love a glass of red every night! None for 2 weeks is a minor miracle!!!! Telcos profits must be plummeting!

also I have found a are spending waaaaaay less on this diet than we would on normal food. My son has cereal and a sandwich and some kind of tea I can easily make from the massive freezer of stuff we have left over and we have hardly shopped, except for a couple of loaves etc. brilliant!!

Had ad another massive drop today to 113.6 so I am halfway to by next goal, and nearly close to the weight I was when I came back from holiday at Christmas (111kg) so awesome!

Back