Phat to THIN!

Excellent...though don't really understand kilos unless I'm baking!

You're so right about food budget. It was a wake up call when I realised I was spending about £80 a week on family shop, a further £20 on wine & £20 on lunches & goodness knows how much on snacks and takeaways!! But we'll need the extra funds for new clothes...not ready for next size down as most of my things are stretchy but I'm guessing in another stones time.

I bought some pancake mix so will give them a go later. Yum.

Well done to you too Amy, the first few days are the hardest, but now I can truly say it's pretty easy (famous last words!!)

And the kilo thing is a bit of a mystery to me too... I just got soooooo fed up with counting stones and there seeming to be so long between each one, that I thought I would change and weigh in kilos. A kilo sounds sooooo heavy too don't you think?

I think "wow I lost half a kilo!" And I'm exstatic... Whereas if I lost a pound I would be totally 'oh is that all?!' So it's a bit bizarre, but I find it helped me no end. A nice round 50 kilos to lose too. And it seems to get chipped away at really quickly, whereas the stones just seem interminable.

I lost 5.5lbs this week bringing it 1 stone 2 in total :) so happy with that!! 7.6kilos!!! Whoa that's 7 big bags of sugar. Love it!

Good luck to you both over the next few days :)

Well done Phat! I wouldn't fancy carting 7 bags of sugar around. That really puts it into perspective.

I get your psychology with kilos. I might convert when the inevitable plateau happens. I'm having a much slower week weight lose wise but sticking with it and surely something must give soon.

Your husband seems to be doing very well too. My husband has an active job and has never had a weight problem but he is being more supportive with this diet than all the failed ones before. Maybe he can see my grim determination this time!

Welcome Amy. How are you finding it this time?

Grim determination. Lololol!!! Yeah that about sums it up.

Well this next week will be a serious test... It's that time ladies and I already feel the monster rearing up inside me!!! Might be wiser for my hubbie and son to batten down the hatches and put on tin hats lol!!!

i am interested to know if I will lose during it though, or suddenly afterwards. I usually put on weight then, so will be interesting to see.

happy Tuesday girls!

Evening!

Well its the end of day 4 for me and today has been a bit easier thank
God! I think the real test for me will be the weekend (Friday is normally treat night) but I'm going to be strong and say no! My husband also has a very physical job and has also never struggled with weight but he is very supportive of me. I've decided not to weigh myself for 2 weeks as I become obsessed with the scales (my husband has them hidden from me)! I hope everyone else has had a good day x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thats great Amy. I'm trying to avoid my scales too but it is so tempting...

Last time I lost significant weight (2006) I noted my losses down each day so if I could identify patterns and wouldn't freak if I STS for a few days. I fell into a pattern of 2 weeks of very low losses and then in 3rd week a huge loss. I did become a bit OCD about it all so am trying to be more relaxed this time.

Had a mare last night as I fainted and DH fed me ice cream and chicken sandwich as he thought I had had a hypo. I know he was worried but sugar and carbs really?? And I didnt feel any better after so think it was a bug. Now I have to get back into ketosis and I'm sure it will affect my WI on Friday :(. Don't need hurdles this early into the diet.

Good luck with your willpower Amy. Its so hard to break these habits especially when the DH carries on as before. Great that he is supportive though as its hard enough already.

Have a good day all

Oh god I hope you are feeling better today? I know if I can just make it over 7 days 100% ts I will have cracked it! So it's now coming to the end of day 5 and this has been by far the easiest day so far. I think I am well into ketosis now woopee!!!! Hope everyone else has had a good day?

Well yesterday was interesting!

My parents came up and they like to have something to be doing while they are here. My hedge, granted its a monster, was on their target list.

So my dad drags out all his cutting equipment and I brace myself for 3 or 4 hours of hedge clipping removal. On 600 cals a day. And TOTM.

You know what, I felt weak just thinking about it!

I was exhausted. My back was killing me, and I desperately needed to lie down but how can I let me 70yr old parents cut my hedge on their own??!!?!!!

So darn near killed myself, and my Ki Fit armband said I was burning a billion calories when I plugged it in during a coffee break!!

Then we have a little rest and I am so relieved to be sitting in the shade and having nothing to do, when my dad comes up with a bright idea to go and see my husband in our shop. So off we go to see him. This might not seem that intense. Except that managing them in the shop can be hard work. Customers are coming in and they hover around rather than getting out of the way etc. so annoying.

Then when we all go home, hubbie comes back from work and my dad decides to get rid of the bushes and trees in the garden which are blocking us from putting up a new fence. I honestly couldn't care less about this fact, but hubbie and dad then start chopping trees down!!!! Which means mum and me have to start lugging branches across the lawn.

Honestly, dead does not cover how I was feeling. I sat on the sofa and I actually contemplated ordering their dinner as I felt weaker than I have ever felt in my life. I had to muster every bit of strength I had left to cook the dinner. I felt shaky and light headed and I didn't know if I was going to faint or not. I put it down to heavy work, TOTM and low calories.

So I made shepherds pie for the troops, and feeling weary than the dead, I tasted a bit to make sure it was ok. Then another bit and a bit more, the. A bit of mash. The a bit more until I was like ARGHHHhHhHHHhhHh I've flaming ruined it!!!!!!!! But I felt so weak and tired, I just needed food. Real food.

Obviously I only made enough for 3 people (mum, dad and son) and there wasn't enough for me to have shepherds pie too, so rather than eat that, I got hubbie to go and get me a ready meal where I knew the calories and I ate that. I at least managed some control.

So I stayed under 1000 for the day, so still good on that score, just obviously not in ketosis, and it's TOTM and I feel pants!!!!!!!

I don't think it helped because hubbie had to baby sit my dad when mum, me and our son went out on Tuesday evening and they went to the pub and had fish and chips after. I think I was jealous of his day off lol!!

But back on it today, and no breaks because I NEED to get this done by Christmas if not earlier!!!! I also only have 4 or 5 weeks until I'm back at school so I want the majority off by them so I can wear all my winter clothes again!!! I don't want to have to buy more!!

I hope you, Jac and Amy, are having a good day today. I saw you had a blip too Jac and on the same day too!!! Very weird.

You can do this Amy. If I can, anyone can!!!

Blimey Phat and there was I feeling sorry for myself!

You did so well sticking to a ready meal after all of that...I know I would have done worse. I hope you enjoyed it and it made you feel better. I have read some other diaries on here and people really go for it with exercise but I think its too much this early in. Or am I just making excuses? I totally relate to the light headedness as sometimes I feel a bit dizzy when I stand up quickly.

The important thing is that you are right back on it. You sound so determined and I'm sure that even with some blips you will lose the inches and hopefully kilos too...though I know coming out of ketosis can mess that up a bit but its not real weight!! You can do great things in the next 4 weeks.

Parents and their bright ideas eh? Maybe direct them to a pile of ironing next time. Or take your mum out for a gentle walk and leave the boys to it. What shop do you have? And what is a Ki fit? Sounds fab.

Keep going Amy. You sound so positive and must soon be end of week 1.

Have a great day ladies x

Evening ladies

Well it's now the end of day 6 for me and I have been 100% ts yay me! I must admit that I have actually surprised myself this time as I normally have a couple of "picky days" when I'm off work looking after my little girl but this time I haven't even opened the fridge door to see what's there!

Hope everyone has had a great day! X

Well done on a great first week Amy. Did you sneak the scales out for a quick weigh in? I thought of you last night "treat night" and wondered how you were getting on. My cravings nearly saw me pile my son into the car and drive to the nearest kebab house in the driving rain! And I don't even eat kebabs!! But I headed those negative thoughts away with a coke zero and an early night.

How was your week Phat? Have you done a weigh in yet? Interested to see if TOTM makes a difference. I don't have a break in my pill for medical reasons so I'm never sure when my TOTM is...my hubby would say I'm cranky all the time lol. But it could explain why my weight loss fluctuates.

I have a night out with my girl friends tonight so have to work out whether I can eat low carb or just stick to a bar. I'm driving so won't be tempted to drink alcohol.

Happy weekend

Well, that blip turned into a four day blip. So annoyed with myself, but not going to beat myself up. We had a massive massive MASSIVE family argument that went on for 2 straight days culminating in the annexing of the whole of our side of the family.

It was not pleasant but it was in some ways good for us all as we can just get on and be ourselves, not dragged into their constant nightmares. So, that's it really.

However, it took its toll on me and the last few days ended up being ruined. However, we are back on it today, new start and just won't have out food week this week as we are supposed to. So back to it! I have also recruited another friend onto exante, and she has been on it a week today. I think she has lost about half a stone and bought a treadmill like mine too :) it's good when you know someone in RL who is doing it too. That will inspire me to keep going too.

I haven't weighed in yet, and am a bit worried about how much I have piled on. Regarding TOTM I lost weight during that so I don't think it affected it much. I finished by the time of my bender, so I know that it doesn't seem to make much difference. I know I had a slow loss right at the beginning, as water retention I guess. But yeah, not much of a problem.

Right time to face the music!!! Weigh in commences and weight loss starts again :)

Have a good day everyone.

Oh and Ki Fit is an armband by bodymedia which measures your steps, sleep pattern and most importantly an accurate calorie burn second by second so you can stay in control. I love it, but it does have a monthly subscription of about £10 a month on top of buying it. It's a medical grade device, so although there are others like jaw bone up and the Nike fuel band etc... None are as accurate or good for calorie control as this. It also links to my fitness pal. It's really good.

Awww Phat! That can't have been easy for you but happy to see you back :bighug:

All my friends are skinny minny's (but gradually piling on the lbs as each year passes - ha!) so I don't know anyone other than you guys to share the ups and the downs. Must be lovely to have a buddy on hand to exercise with or just chat to. I've considered investing in a treadmill but historically I buy then don't use exercise equipment. I'm better going for a walk or prancing around to a DVD. But I would like one...

I really like the idea of the calorie tracker. I'll look that up and maybe put it on my birthday wish list.

Good luck with this week. I've had a few blips too but my resolve is strong. We can do this!

Thanks hun, yeah, its a bummer but that's what happens sometimes. You can't choose your family huh?! I used the armband this for the first time on my treadmill today - its a long time since it has had any regular use and its been invaluable over the last couple of weeks on exante. Its just another little boost when you are feeling low you know? Heres a screen shot of my day so far. I took the armband off on Wednesday night, and only put it back on this morning when I got up, so the very steady orange parts are when it was sitting on the bedside table LOL!! It gets to know you so you get an average of what your burn would have been had you been wearing it, so its quite good that way. I wish it was waterproof as you can't go swimming with it. I'm sure that it would not be hard to make it waterproof, but there we go. Screen Shot 2014-08-11 at 17.27.22.png gives you an idea. i love knowing that i have burned like 3000 calories and only eaten 6 or 700 lol. gives me a bit of an extra kick. A normal day sees me burn about 2400.

My mate lost 6.5lbs her first week! She's thrilled. I think this site is a godsend to be honest. It really helps you keep in control and accountable. How did you get on this week? I will pop over and read your diary :)

Hey how is every1?

I've been really busy so haven't had a chance to her on here for a few days! I'm please to say that I have still been 100% ts since last Saturday so that's 10 days!!!!! Hope every1 is having a good day today x

Hi Amy,
Well done for being so staunch and sticking to it! I have also been 100% now for a couple of days and it hasn't been too horrible to get back into. I haven't had any hunger pangs or nasty tastes in my mouth which is good, and I was dreading... Even though I didn't have them the first couple of times.

I only put on about 4lbs while I was off it, so nipped it in the bud :)

I am at 115.6 this morning, so that's a drop of 0.6kg (or a pound) overnight :)

I am looking forward to getting under 113.4 which I had got to last week. That will be great, and won't take long, that's the good thing with exante. How are you doing?

Thats good Phat. That 4lb could be glycogen and water so you should whittle that away quickly and back to the new losses. I get the bad breath when ketosis kicks in...not so much the hunger pangs. I use those minty strip things so can live with that and at least it tells me when I'm in the zone. How's hubby doing?

At the moment I seem to be on the 5:2 in reverse, 100% for 5 days and blips on Sundays and Tuesdays. No idea what goes wrong but I jump straight back on it and still losing :) . Are you finding you are losing inches?

Well done Amy. Are you still avoiding the scales?

Hey phat

Well done for getting back on it! I know it's hard but just think that 4lb will be off in no time!

This really is about my 100th re start and it's literally only the third time I have not given up after 4 or 5 days! I still have my days when I want to give up but I have keep having to talk myself out of it!

Hey diet gal

I've still avoided the scales but I have measured myself with some ribbon and I'm going to measure myself again after 4 weeks to see how much smaller I am!

Hope everyone has had a good day xx

So I'm back. Phatter than ever :(
121.2kg this morning.
Feeling pretty wretched I must say.
My biggest ever weight was 122kg so I'm knocking that again.
I can't believe I've put on nearly 10kg since August. Urgh!!!
My lowest ever weight was 93.4 kgs
It doesn't look like I'm going to get back there for Xmas, but I'm going to give it a shot.

Loads more Exante in the kitchen, and I'm ready for the off!

Week 1 of my 12 week challenge!!

Back