Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Sorry I keep saying things is painful, but I remember thinking why the hell nobody mentions this! I don't want you's to worry when you find pain at first x
No hun its very helpful as these are the things more common that no-one speaks of...

No hun its very helpful as these are the things more common that no-one speaks of...

Ohh and another thing. When you take baby home and put it to bed at night time....nobody told me how noisy they are!!! Seriously sniffly noises, squeeks, squelchy noises haha. I kept laying down and jumping back up thinking something was happening haha.

Evening ladies x

This isn't an advice question...it's just more of an "out of interest" question lol but...

Has anyone's belly buttons started popping out yet? Or got the Linea nigra down your belly? :) x

Evening ladies x

This isn't an advice question...it's just more of an "out of interest" question lol but...

Has anyone's belly buttons started popping out yet? Or got the Linea nigra down your belly? :) x

My belly button never popped with my other 2, it just kinda went flat......like a wee sad mouth hehe. I never got the Linea Nigra either, but then again I am whiter than white :D

Re: Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

Evening ladies x

Belly button is still normal but I think I'm getting the linea nigra now.... definitely a dark line appearing but only short at the moment so guess it might get longer the further I get.

I have neither as yet. I keep checking my tummy for the line but nothing there :(
I did want my belly button to pop but I've got my scar from my lap & dye in March and I'm terrified of it popping so now I've decided belly button can stay IN!!

Nope. But seen as I've almost no bump it's not surprising. Hope it stays an inny tho. Belly buttons gross me out

I'm so glad i'm not the only one - i hate belly buttons bleurgh! hahaha. I really hope there is enough padding on my belly to prevent it from popping out i don't think i can cope with looking at an outie!

Lol I don't mind what happens to my belly button...it would actually be nice to have it pop out rather than looking "sad" all the time... lol

(Where I'm overweight, my belly button isn't a nice little round circle...it looks more like a frown) ha ha :D

I think I'm starting to get the linea nigra. I can see a very faint line going from my belly button downwards, and hubby confirmed it was there the other night. It's really faint, but I don't mind having that either really lol. xx

My belly button is often sad too! But I must say I love my 'new' belly button. Apparently I have only just found out that I've had a deep belly button all my life which has resulted in little infections from time to time and it was often red and sore.

Not now - now (if u look past the new stretch marks) it's tiny and perfect! Lol. It hasn't popped out but if I push next to it then it almost does...it looks like a volcano lol x

My belly button is often sad too! But I must say I love my 'new' belly button. Apparently I have only just found out that I've had a deep belly button all my life which has resulted in little infections from time to time and it was often red and sore.

Not now - now (if u look past the new stretch marks) it's tiny and perfect! Lol. It hasn't popped out but if I push next to it then it almost does...it looks like a volcano lol x
Ooh I know the red n sore you're talking about.. Tho I don't know if I've a deep bellybutton... But I've had that red sore bellybutton and its not nice.. Doesn't help either than yer bellybutton is right where your trousers jeans sit so they irritate it

Hello ladies,

Can I join in your chat?? I'm 21 weeks pregnant with my first baby :) due on 11 February.

Little bit about me..... I'm 28 years old, was doing Slimming World for a bit before my wedding in 2012 and lost a bit of weight, found this site when I was looking for recipes online, used to look at diaries for recipe ideas etc but didn't post on diaries or post my own!!! I was around 9 stone 4 on my booking appointment (I'm only short though - 5ft 3.5!) have since put on about a stone at 21 weeks which I'm ok with. Just trying to eat healthily really becasue I was finding doing Slimming World properly was too difficult with morning sickness etc (still don't feel like I've fully recovered and I'm over 5months urggg!) Haven't got much of a bump yet but feel like it's starting to pop out :) Hope you don't mind me having a look at your diaries etc because I doubt I'll get around to doing my own!
Lucy xx

Hello ladies,

Can I join in your chat?? I'm 21 weeks pregnant with my first baby :) due on 11 February.

Little bit about me..... I'm 28 years old, was doing Slimming World for a bit before my wedding in 2012 and lost a bit of weight, found this site when I was looking for recipes online, used to look at diaries for recipe ideas etc but didn't post on diaries or post my own!!! I was around 9 stone 4 on my booking appointment (I'm only short though - 5ft 3.5!) have since put on about a stone at 21 weeks which I'm ok with. Just trying to eat healthily really becasue I was finding doing Slimming World properly was too difficult with morning sickness etc (still don't feel like I've fully recovered and I'm over 5months urggg!) Haven't got much of a bump yet but feel like it's starting to pop out :) Hope you don't mind me having a look at your diaries etc because I doubt I'll get around to doing my own!
Lucy xx

Hi Lucy. Welcome n congrats. Ur in great company here :)
I'm due 18th on my first also :)

Welcome Lucy!!

Not far off me and Frances :) I'm due 16 Feb xx

Re: Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

Welcome Lucy and Congratulations!

I'm due 22 feb so lots of babies cooking at the moment and due in feb :)

Hi ladies x

Little question for you about baby's kicks x

I'm not worried, but I just wanted your opinion/advice/experience etc.

Yesterday morning, baby was kicking loads whilst I was at work. This was unusual in terms of her pattern (to be fair I'm only 20 weeks so might not really have a pattern yet anyway) but I figured maybe it's because I was at work, rather than sitting at home. There would have been more noises, more movement from me etc. x

Had a bit of bladder kicking on the way home from work at 5:30pm x but last night (when normally she's really active) I barely felt her?

And today, I don't think I've felt anything so far?

I've just felt some pressure quite low down but I don't know if that's movement, or just the weight of uterus etc. She's just been a bit quiet today.

Has anyone else experienced days with lots of movement, and then had a quiet day or two? xx

Hi ladies x

Little question for you about baby's kicks x

I'm not worried, but I just wanted your opinion/advice/experience etc.

Yesterday morning, baby was kicking loads whilst I was at work. This was unusual in terms of her pattern (to be fair I'm only 20 weeks so might not really have a pattern yet anyway) but I figured maybe it's because I was at work, rather than sitting at home. There would have been more noises, more movement from me etc. x

Had a bit of bladder kicking on the way home from work at 5:30pm x but last night (when normally she's really active) I barely felt her?

And today, I don't think I've felt anything so far?

I've just felt some pressure quite low down but I don't know if that's movement, or just the weight of uterus etc. She's just been a bit quiet today.

Has anyone else experienced days with lots of movement, and then had a quiet day or two? xx

I would say as baby is only awake for approx 6 hours per day ATM she was just knackered from all her activity yesterday...
I was the same over the weekend.. Didn't feel much but I've gotten used to getting a good kicking thru the days and usually when I get to bed he/she's quite active for 10-15mins... But over the weekend he/she was VERY quiet.. Then Monday gave me the kicking of my life.. LOL
Its funny how quickly we get used to the kicking isn't it?!
Someone asked the other day (think it may have been JoeyJoJo) about kicking and patterns and I think Laura said she was quite early to have a pattern as such.. So I wouldn't worry.. :)

I would say as baby is only awake for approx 6 hours per day ATM she was just knackered from all her activity yesterday...
I was the same over the weekend.. Didn't feel much but I've gotten used to getting a good kicking thru the days and usually when I get to bed he/she's quite active for 10-15mins... But over the weekend he/she was VERY quiet.. Then Monday gave me the kicking of my life.. LOL
Its funny how quickly we get used to the kicking isn't it?!
Someone asked the other day (think it may have been JoeyJoJo) about kicking and patterns and I think Laura said she was quite early to have a pattern as such.. So I wouldn't worry.. :)

Yeah you're right x I think it is too early for a proper pattern - seems quite random at the moment. It's definitely different now she's kicking!! Before I felt kicks, I always thought "once I'd feel kicks, I'd never worry" but it's had the opposite effect! I'm so used to baby's movements now that if I don't feel anything it's like Ahhhhh is she ok?!

Got scan in 2 days...hope everything is ok xx

Back