Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Just wash and dry babies clothes as you buy them, or as you are doing his/her room. In all honesty as you get so busy at some stage you will just have to open a bag of babygros and pop them straight on baby (the one day you head out forget to pop a spare in the bag, they will poop all up their little back and you'll have to pop to pennys). I've my baby grows all dug out from the attic, washed and away ready for action. :D

Oh yes i heard about the cosatto giggle, apparently it only affected a certain batch, so any new ones should be sorted, but i am not sure i'd take the risk.

With regards to washing clothes, i plan to use something like Fairy Non-bio to wash in, as i am not sure if baby will have sensitive skin or not and thats what my sisters have used to wash their baby clothes in previously. I just like the idea of softening up the clothes and making sure they are clean and dust/dirt free, plus there is nothing better than the smell of a brand new baby in lovely clean clothes.

I will probably do some washing late Jan/early feb to get ready for bubba, saying that i think most of my shopping will be done then too as i hope we might have moved house by then!

Question for you ladies.....do any of you remember to do your pelvic floor exercises?? If so...how often??

I keep forgetting to do them.....

Changing the subject a bit but when will you all be washing baby's clothes/blankets etc ready for when they are here? And will you be using the non bio stuff? Haven't got a clue when to do it. Don't wanna do it too soon so I need to do it again but don't want to leave it too late. Will have to do it after the nursery is done in November so I can put it all away properly but other than that I've no idea.

I'll do 1 big wash prob the week I finish up work.. So mid February.. I'll use Fairy Non Bio also.. Just coz that's what my Mam told my sister and both my sister in laws to use when they asked her..
I never wear new clothes myself without washing them so I wouldn't put them on baby without washing them...

My Q on the washing is...... Do you use "normal" fabric conditioner or is there a non bio option for that too???

JoeyJoJo.. Pelvic floor exercise.. As and when you remember.. The physio told us to do quick ones and ones where you hold for as long as you can and release.. Mix them up she said...
I NEVER remember to do them.. And when I do Jonathan is in the room and makes me laugh coz he says I look like i'm letting sneaky farts... So I can't do them then from laughing.. lol

Question for you ladies.....do any of you remember to do your pelvic floor exercises?? If so...how often?? I keep forgetting to do them.....

When i read that I quickly did some!! Lol.

I've not really remembered to do many...oooops. I did go though a slight 'wee myself' phase and increased them then were as now I don't do that and do manage to hold it. But I recon all that will be out of the window too!
I'm ready to roll with it tho lol x

My Q on the washing is...... Do you use "normal" fabric conditioner or is there a non bio option for that too???
I think they do sensitive skin softener which i will probably use and i think i've also seen ones with babies on the front but i guess they are sensitive ones. So i'll probably use one of those rather than what we normally use.

Re pelvic floor i don't really remember to do them very often but i do them when i think of them! Thankfully haven't had any problems yet, but must make an effort to do them more often!

I'll do 1 big wash prob the week I finish up work.. So mid February.. I'll use Fairy Non Bio also.. Just coz that's what my Mam told my sister and both my sister in laws to use when they asked her..
I never wear new clothes myself without washing them so I wouldn't put them on baby without washing them...

JoeyJoJo.. Pelvic floor exercise.. As and when you remember.. The physio told us to do quick ones and ones where you hold for as long as you can and release.. Mix them up she said...
I NEVER remember to do them.. And when I do Jonathan is in the room and makes me laugh coz he says I look like i'm letting sneaky farts... So I can't do them then from laughing.. lol

lol I hardly remember to do them too (unless Ive laughed hard/sneezed and then guess the rest..haha). When i do remember to do them i was doing the ones where you hold it so i'll do quicker ones too :D when i remember of course....

When i read that I quickly did some!! Lol.

I've not really remembered to do many...oooops. I did go though a slight 'wee myself' phase and increased them then were as now I don't do that and do manage to hold it. But I recon all that will be out of the window too!
I'm ready to roll with it tho lol x

lol Cai thats exactly it...its only when they're being talked about that i remember to do them or slightly 'wee myself' then i remember too haha

I guess we'll have no choice after our babies are here...need to tighten everything up again! :p

God I never do pelvic floor exercises. I guess I should really start. I was told after my last birth that I have really strong muscles down there ......okay may have shared a bit too much and I know its a strange thing to be proud of but I was haha

Lol I never do them either...maybe we should all do little reminders every now and again on here... At the end of each diary entry or something just put a little note so everyone remembers lol xx

It seems most people aren't doing them...does anyone actually do them!? Lol x

Lol I never do them either...maybe we should all do little reminders every now and again on here... At the end of each diary entry or something just put a little note so everyone remembers lol xx

Great idea. But means remembering to remind... N as we don't remember to do them..................................... Lol

Great idea. But means remembering to remind... N as we don't remember to do them..................................... Lol

Hell I forgot I'd already done the dinner dishes today so don't expect me to remind anyone ha

lol This is the problem....remembering to do them and i dont wanna set a million alarms on my phone to go off throughout the day reminding me :p

I just had read on google that you're supposed to do them throughout pregnancy and afterwards

I do them if I'm talking about them. Like I just did five when I read this. But no, I never think to do them. My app said to expect 'snissing' anytime soon. Which they said is basically peeing when you sneeze. Yikes!!

I do them if I'm talking about them. Like I just did five when I read this. But no, I never think to do them. My app said to expect 'snissing' anytime soon. Which they said is basically peeing when you sneeze. Yikes!!

Lol!!! I love how you did 5! Ha x

Ooh dear...I better tell John to hide his shoes! :D

Lol!!! I love how you did 5! Ha x Ooh dear...I better tell John to hide his shoes! :D

Haha I think, after recent revelations, hiding his shoes is a good idea ;) x

Haha I think, after recent revelations, hiding his shoes is a good idea ;) x

Ha ha poor John. Everything I do always results in him either being hurt, or things accidentally being thrown at him, or his things being broken etc. I'm so clumsy x he could sit for hours telling you all the stories! Lol x

Ooh do u know what I thought might be a nice idea? If someone started a due dates thread x someone could start it off an we could add ours to the list in date order so that we know who is next :) xx

Oh and going back to movements...ever since I posted, baby has been going mad!! She's been so active today!

I absolutely love pressing my hand on my bump because she kicks it :) I love that she is responding to me xx

Back