Primal and proud

Woot - well done on your 3 rounds! I do love a good cherry almond upside-down cake, yum yum!

I dont feel as strained this time so hopefully I will be ok in the morning :D

Cake was lovely but one was plenty, im definitely losing my sweet tooth x

I dont feel as strained this time so hopefully I will be ok in the morning :D

Cake was lovely but one was plenty, im definitely losing my sweet tooth x

Good stuff, the first go is usually the worst so hopefully that's behind you now. Can't imagine a 10 hour shift with kettlebell ache!

If you made the same recipe I did, it is quite sweet. I balanced it with some double cream to get round this. :D but next time I will make them a bit less sweet in the first place!

Good stuff, the first go is usually the worst so hopefully that's behind you now. Can't imagine a 10 hour shift with kettlebell ache!

If you made the same recipe I did, it is quite sweet. I balanced it with some double cream to get round this. :D but next time I will make them a bit less sweet in the first place!

Was the fast paleo recipe x
Cream is a good idea didn't think of that! :eek:
Yeah would also tone down the sweetness, but to be honest I just don't crave the desserts anymore and mainly was intrigued by how it would taste lol x

Was the fast paleo recipe x
Cream is a good idea didn't think of that! :eek:
Yeah would also tone down the sweetness, but to be honest I just don't crave the desserts anymore and mainly was intrigued by how it would taste lol x

Ahh I think it sounds very similar to the one I made. I did like the almond/cherry flavour combo I must admit; for the two of us we made a batch of 6 and then froze 4 to have as and when. :) Must admit I don't crave desserts/sweets as such any more (unless I have overindulged) but I still do enjoy them. :D Although I suspect what I consider a treat these days wouldn't be very sweet to somebody not used to paleo/primal food. :D x

Ahh I think it sounds very similar to the one I made. I did like the almond/cherry flavour combo I must admit; for the two of us we made a batch of 6 and then froze 4 to have as and when. :) Must admit I don't crave desserts/sweets as such any more (unless I have overindulged) but I still do enjoy them. :D Although I suspect what I consider a treat these days wouldn't be very sweet to somebody not used to paleo/primal food. :D x

I know exactly what you mean x DH made 12 but having 3 kids they didn't last long enough for the freezer ;)

Yeah I do enjoy a dessert when I have it but like you my idea of sweet is very different to what it was lol

Well I feel absolutely fine this morning so know I can continue with the kettlebells now :D

Am working a 10 hour shift today and hoping its busy as it will make the time go quickly!

Food will be

Breakfast- Heck sausages, shallot, egg and cream scramble

Lunch- (about 4pm at work) Chicken salad with mayo and EV olive oil

Dinner- Apple or banana when I finish work

I dont work long shifts very often but I find I eat less when I do, but if I am hungry then I will of course eat more ;)

Have a good bank holiday x

Yesterdays shift was so long because it wasnt that busy and the time dragged!
I went and weighed yesterday so that I didnt have to drag the 3 kids up town today and I have lost another 1lb :D bit less than I was hoping for but I know that starting the kettlebells may mean a bit of water retention so hopefully I will have a nice whoosh in 2 weeks time!

Just been for a 3 mile run and its my first one in the rain, was quite enjoying actually :)
Looks like we are going to be stuck inside due to the weather today but Im sure we will find plenty to do.

Todays food is

530am Up for a 3 mile run

Breakfast- Smoothie (hazlenut milk, greek yogurt, apple ,banana and maple syrup)

Lunch- Tuna mayo salad

Dinner- Pulled pork, Homemade coleslaw and salad

I am working again tonight but dont start till 6pm so will have dinner before I go.

Well I thought I would do some kettlebells today otherwise I wouldnt be doing any till thursday and I am really starting to enjoy them, Infact I am really enjoying all exercise for the first time in my life :D

I just did 3 rounds of 8 exercises and worked up quite a sweat!

I am quite hungry now though so think Im going to have some bacon and egg to tide me over till lunch.

Congrats on your loss :D - food is looking great, clearly you're on track with exercise. It seems like this is shaping up to be a great week. :)

Long shifts are the worst when it's quiet, the time passes so slooooowly doesn't it?

Congrats on your loss :D - food is looking great, clearly you're on track with exercise. It seems like this is shaping up to be a great week. :)

Long shifts are the worst when it's quiet, the time passes so slooooowly doesn't it?

Cheers :D

Yeah its going in the right direction and im loving the exercise so hopefully I will be rewarded in two weeks when I weigh:cool:

I honestly thought time was going backwards yesterday lol

I was lucky with my run this morning got home just as it started pouring down lol

Todays food

530am up for a 2 mile run

Breakfast- Breakfast frittata

Lunch- Slow cooked belly pork

Dinner- Slow roast chicken, roasted sweet potato, leeks and greens

No work tonight so looking forward to some crappy tv and an early night!

I am pretty glad that its a wet weather day today and we are stuck at home because I am finally making progress with potty training my nearly 4yo son!
My eldest and his twin sister potty trained really easily without much effort but he has been very reluctant!
I finally got him to sit on the potty (in front of his favourite cartoons ;)) long enough to do his first wee on it and now there is no stopping him lol, He has done 4 so far and had no accidents in between so fingers crossed this is the start of the end of nappies in our house! (I have had to bribe him with ice cream for pudding tonight if he stays dry all day though lol)

He starts school in september so its really important that I get him dry too, they will be nearly the youngest in their year though as only turn 4 at the beginning of august. They are being put in seperate classes too which will be interesting as they havent spent more than an hour at a time away from each other (apart from bedtime) since they were born! I have reassured them that they can play together at break and lunch and they seem ok with it so fingers crossed it will be a good thing :confused:

Not looking forward to tomorrow! The twins have got their preschool jabs and I have to take them and the eldest on my own, thw worst bit will be getting whoever goes 2nd to have theirs done after seeing the first one scream lol

I have a 3 mile run in the morning so hoping that it stays dry now.

Have been having a good surf of recipes today and have just made myself some paleo breakfast cookies :D they stay in the freezer and are cooked fresh as needed so will pop them in the oven when I get back from my run tomorrow and will have lovely fresh baked cookies by the time I get out of the shower :D

I feel a bit muggy headed today so am keeping my fingers tightly crossed that I am not in for a cold :(

Hello thursday :D

DH has said he will take a late lunch today and come and help at the docs with the kids jabs so that will be one less stress to deal with lol

Been for my run, it was raining and it felt really slow and hard going but when I looked at runkeeper after it was actually a pretty good pace for me, Gonna do some kettlebells later before the dreaded jabs and then I am at work tonight so my legs are certainly getting put to good use today lol

Food today will be

530am out for a 3 mile run

Breakfast- 2 paleo breakfast cookies and a smoothie (banana, raspberries, hazelnut milk and maple syrup)
3 rounds of kettlebells
Snack- Cheese and cucumber (if needed)

Lunch- Chicken mayo salad

Dinner Tuna mayo salad

Hope the jabs go ok, my youngest just had his .. Ouchie ! Loads of tears :(

I skipped the potty and went straight to the toilet - had visions of potty over the head etc had to bribe him with "mummy's" special choc - 60% dark with coconut in it lol but it worked really well every time he went he got a little bit .. Like a 1/4 of a square

Have a good day

following primal blueprint and 5:2 /4:3 fasting plan

Hope the jabs go ok, my youngest just had his .. Ouchie ! Loads of tears :(

I skipped the potty and went straight to the toilet - had visions of potty over the head etc had to bribe him with "mummy's" special choc - 60% dark with coconut in it lol but it worked really well every time he went he got a little bit .. Like a 1/4 of a square

Have a good day

following primal blueprint and 5:2 /4:3 fasting plan

Yeah I think we will have lots of tears too :(

His sister went straight to the toilet but he is scared of falling in lol I have a toddler seat but he still isnt keen! Yeah I was bribing with choc too lol its going slow but at least its starting to happen lol x

Well the jabs went well My boy cried for about 1 second and my girl didnt cry at all! They were both brilliant and havent made a fuss of it at all :D

And in more good news the potty training is still going pretty well, We had 1 little accident in his pants but everything else has been in the potty (including his first poo!) so fingers crossed we will have it sorted in the next few weeks.

Just getting sorted for work but not really in the mood for it tonight :( Hopefully it will go quickly and then I can look forward to a nice lie in (well till about 7am!) in the morning as its rest day and I dont need to go running.

Still feel muggy headed today, I dont feel like I have a cold coming so Im wondering if its the weather?

Well I will glad when tomorrow comes and I actually get to spend some time with my Husband!
Got a little bit of a lie in this morning but the kids are full of energy so its going to be a long day lol

Food today

Breakfast- Bacon, scrambled egg with cream and some grated cheese

Lunch- Tuna salad

Dinner- Slow roast pork loin with roasted sweet potatoes and leeks and greens

Had a lovely lie in till 830 this morning :D

We are just having a relaxing family day today and then I am working tonight.

Need to do my kettlebells soon too.

Food today

Breakfast- Fullfat greek yogurt with strawberries and 3 breakfast cookies

Lunch- Chinese pork and cabbage

Dinner- Tuna salad

Well kettlebells are done and I have decided to switch the food slightly and have tuna salad now and then Pork just before work instead :D

Back