Primal and proud

Just back from my 4 mile run and I managed to do it a minute faster than last week :D
DH is making my breakfast while I relax ;)
Not at work till 6pm so going to have a nice relaxing family day until then!

Today's food

6am up for a 4 mile run

Breakfast- Bacon and scrambled egg (with cream and butter) topped with grated cheese

Lunch- Slow roasted pork belly with broccoli

Dinner- Tuna salad

Woohoo eldest is back at school today and the twins are back at playgroup tomorrow so I will actually be able to do the housework and have it stay tidy for a few hours at least lol

Once I have taken eldest to school I am going to do my kettlebells and then get the twins to help me make a primal lamb lasagne for dinner :D Poor DH is going to be home quite late tonight so I will try and wait till he gets home to eat but I dont like eating too late so will see.

Todays food

Breakfast- Bacon and scrambled egg (with butter and cream) and grated cheese on top

3 rounds of kettlebells

Lunch- 2 large stuffed mushrooms with salad

Dinner- Primal lamb "lasagne"

Hmmm just had my stuffed mushrooms and salad and they were delicious :D
All I did was grill them with butter while I fried up some bacon and shallot in butter, then I put the mix on top of the mushrooms and a very generous handful of cheese and then grilled them until bubbling and had them with salad and mayo, I am completely full now :)

Just chilling out with the twins before its time for the school run and then I will make the "lasagne" when we get back.

Just did my 3.5 mile run :D

This week's programme is 3.5 miles/ 2 miles/ 3.5 miles/ 5 miles.

Todays food

530am out for 3.5 mile run

Breakfast - smoothie (coconut milk, greek yogurt, banana, cinnamon and maple syrup)

Lunch - stuffed mushrooms and salad

Dinner - leftover primal lamb "lasagne"

Looks like my running is really taking off!
3 of my collegues and I have just signed up to do a local charity 10k aimed at businesses, so now I have
10k on 7th July
5m on 21st July
13.1m on 15th Sept

I know running isnt strictly paleo as its chronic cardio but I am definately enjoying the challenge of it and actually look forward to getting up early and pushing myself :) I will probably wind it back down to 2 smallish runs a week after the Great North Run though (unless I get a ballot place in next years London marathon!)

Todays food

530am out for a 2 mile run

Breakfast- Smoothie (coconut milk, greek yogurt, banana, cinnamon, maple syrup and 2 teaspoons of almond butter)

Lunch - Tuna mayo salad

Dinner- Slow roast lamb with roasted sweet potato, broccoli, cauliflower and buttered cabbage.

The slow cooked lamb is smelling amazing :D

The twins have got their leavers photos at playgroup tomorrow, its quite scary how quickly the last 4 years have gone! (but I am also looking forward to the 6 hours peace 5 days I week I will get lol)

DH is going to be late again tonight :( he is working way too hard at the moment :(

Just decided to make an apple and raspberry crumble for pudding :D

I cooked off some peeled and chunked apple with some ghee and cinnamon till it started to soften then added some frozen raspberries and cooked for a few more minutes.
I mixed some almond flour and coconut flour and added in some ghee to make a topping, put it together in a dish and popped it in the oven:D
Will serve it warm with some maple syrup and double cream later and hopefully it will taste as good as it smells :cool:

That sounds divine. I did something similar with rhubarb & strawberries last night with the almond meal leftover from making almond milk.

That sounds divine. I did something similar with rhubarb & strawberries last night with the almond meal leftover from making almond milk.

Rhubarb and strawberries sounds lovely :D only had apples and raspberries but may give that a whirl next time x

Well the crumble was nice but my taste buds are definately changing as I couldnt help but think that I would have just enjoyed the fruit :rolleyes: Crumble used to be my ultimate pudding and I made it with loads of sugar both in the fruit and crumble topping but the natural sweetness of the apples and raspberries last night was amazing :D

Been out for my 3.5 mile run and will do kettlebells later :D I have the school run x2 to do and then work tonight so will certainly put the miles in today lol

Todays food

530am out for a 3.5 mile run

Breakfast- Smoothie (coconut milk, double cream, banana, cinnamon, maple syrup and 2 tsp almond butter)

Kettlebells

Lunch- Bacon and cheese omlette with salad

Dinner- Tuna salad

Wow - loving your determination and effort. If you could bottle it, you'd be rich ;-)
Have a great day.

Wow - loving your determination and effort. If you could bottle it, you'd be rich ;-)
Have a great day.

Aw thanks :D
For the first time in my life I am truly in charge of things and im loving it :D

I have really been through the mill emotionally in the last few years and have finally dealt with some demons that have haunted me since childhood and now that I have gone primal its like the final piece of the puzzle has slotted into place :)

Today is my rest day :D

Todays food

Breakfast - smoothie ( coconut milk, double cream, banana, cinnamon and maple syrup )

Lunch - was gonna be bacon and egg but just stopped at the butchers and got a lovely pork chop instead :D

Dinner - gluten free cheeseburger with no bun and salad

Last edited:
Just had my pork chop for lunch and it was amazing :D I just simply grilled it and served it with creamed cabbage, will definately get some more of those chops in future!

You can tell its shopping day tomorrow as the fridge is looking rather bare! Will be going to costco and stocking up and then onto tesco for all the little bits.

We have still got quite a bit of meat in the freezer but I will get some pork shoulders for pulled pork and some whole chickens as they are such good value from there. I will also stock up on eggs as they are so much cheaper than the supermarket and their greek yogurt is amazing! So thick and creamy and the lowest carb I have ever found too :D

Working tonight and hoping for a busy shift so that it goes quickly :D

Well last night was very busy so I was glad to get to bed!

Been to costco and tesco and have lots of lovely paleo foods again :D

Todays food

Breakfast- none as out early and wasnt hungry

Lunch - steak and eggs

Dinner - tuna mayo and egg salad

Working again tonight so hopefully it will be busy again x

Well last night was very busy so I was glad to get to bed!

Been to costco and tesco and have lots of lovely paleo foods again :D

Todays food

Breakfast- none as out early and wasnt hungry

Lunch - steak and eggs

Dinner - tuna mayo and egg salad

Working again tonight so hopefully it will be busy again x

Just been for my first ever 5mile run :) I am actually starting to believe that I am able to run a half marathon :D

My lovely husband has made me paleo cinnamon rolls for breakfast, they are just cooling down and then I will smother them in maple syrup and enjoy :D

Todays food

630am out for a 5 mile run

Breakfast - paleo cinnamon rolls

Lunch - chicken fajitas (no wraps)

Dinner- gluten free cheeseburger (no bun) and salad

Working again tonight too!

Finally got a night off :D

Todays food

Breakfast - smoothie ( coconut milk, greek yogurt, banana, cinnamon and maple syrup )

Lunch - stuffed mushrooms and creamy cabbage

Dinner - pulled pork, homemade coleslaw and salad

Last edited:
Just gone to put my pork in the slow cooker and it blew the electrics!
Had a feeling it was on the way out so had ordered a shiny new crock pot slow cooker which should be here in the next couple of days (Old one was a cheap tesco one) I use it so much now that we decided it was a good investment to buy a decent one.

the pork is now in the normal oven on low for the next 8 hours :D

We get a mystery diner at work each month to rate our service standards and we have just had this months results and it was one of my tables! I got 5/5 stars and 91% but the marks that got dropped were the managers fault. they said he was unwelcoming and rude :eek: and they said my service was flawless and I made their experience unique and friendly :D The area manager is extremely pleased with me but my manager is in for a rollicking!!!! Im really pleased as its the first time I have served the mystery diner and when they visited on friday night it was really busy so its nice to know that I was doing a good job under pressure :D

Hi just popping by to subscribe :)

Just did my 3.5 mile run and it was raining :( its ok though because I need to be prepared for all types of weather.
I managed to shave 30 seconds off my average pace which I am pretty happy with :D

Todays food

530am out for 3.5 mile run

Breakfast- Smoothie (coconut milk, greek yogurt, banana, cinnamon and maple syrup)

Lunch -Slow roasted belly pork with creamy cabbage

Dinner - Tuna mayo salad

Am working again tonight and as its pirate day at school tomorrow I have said my eldest can have a friend round after school and have promised them a treasure hunt so have to go and get some chocolate coins and a make a treasure chest and clues for the hunt :rolleyes: Also been nagged into making chocolate brownies so the day of peace I was looking forward to will be busy instead!

Back