Rachel's weight loss Journey!

Wow Rachel, I just read your whole diary (whilst at work ah hem!!) and its great! I'm on day 16 SS and have been 100% and so far lost 1 stone! I will continue to check in on you and keep reading your diary as it's truly motivating stuff! Did you take before pics? I did and can notice a slight difference already -I've got my bday party in 8 weeks time, so I am doing SS 100% for 11 weeks and then coming off plan to have booze at my party! But I intend to go back on plan after my birthday break and depending on how I'm doing hopefully get to goal for Xmas time!

Keep going!!!

Wow Rachel, I just read your whole diary (whilst at work ah hem!!) and its great! I'm on day 16 SS and have been 100% and so far lost 1 stone! I will continue to check in on you and keep reading your diary as it's truly motivating stuff! Did you take before pics? I did and can notice a slight difference already -I've got my bday party in 8 weeks time, so I am doing SS 100% for 11 weeks and then coming off plan to have booze at my party! But I intend to go back on plan after my birthday break and depending on how I'm doing hopefully get to goal for Xmas time!

Keep going!!!

awww thank you for your kind words! i dont know if many people read my diary.. i dont update everyday like most, normally only once a week or so, but its good to look back and see how far i have come.

You are doing so well!! you will definatly be at goal by christmas, just keep focused!

I have started college this last week, its not really affected the diet other then it being hard to drink enough water. if anything i am doing more exercise, but not expecting a big loss this week due to TOTM. still happy though! my college group are planning a night out at the end of november, so i really hoping i am at goal by then so i can drink! well either way, im drinking, it would just be eaiser if i didnt have to come out of ketosis to drink for one evening, then have to go back on to SS.

I am wearing a cardigan that i havent worn for 3 years!! its a size 16 and it fits nicely!!

will update on thursday when i weigh in xx

didnt even answer your question! i didnt take proper before pics (wish i did!) but i did go on holiday the week before i started, so there will be pictures of me at my starting weight. Bit too scared to look at them... not sure why, cause its not me anymore... when i am at goal i will look at them and post them on here for eeryone to see xxx

Another 2lbs this week! Happy with that.

I'm now on step 2 for a week! Yaaay, real food!
Tonight I'm having dry fried haddock with asparagus and brocolli.

I have weighed out my veg and got the fish monger to do me a 275g portion lol

The only thing I'm worried about is not wanting to go back on ss. And i really have too. If I introduce food permanently now I'm scared I wont loose the rest of the weight... But I have it in my head its only a week and then I'm back on ss until goal weight.

Let's see how this week goes...

Hi Rach,

Just read your diary and am really impressed with how well you're doing! You are definitely motivated, upbeat and focused and you've got the fab results to show for it!

Enjoy your ss+ week. You're still doing ss, just with one meal added. It's funny, but I think your body needs and appreciates the meal - you will still lose this week - and usually there's a nice loss the following week when you go back to ss100%. Keep eating protein and veg and you should have little problem switching back to ss. You're well more than 1/2 way now, so if you feel tempted, you can tell yourself that it'll be much less than 12 weeks before you start on the steps to maintenance!

Hi Rach,

Just read your diary and am really impressed with how well you're doing! You are definitely motivated, upbeat and focused and you've got the fab results to show for it!

Enjoy your ss+ week. You're still doing ss, just with one meal added. It's funny, but I think your body needs and appreciates the meal - you will still lose this week - and usually there's a nice loss the following week when you go back to ss100%. Keep eating protein and veg and you should have little problem switching back to ss. You're well more than 1/2 way now, so if you feel tempted, you can tell yourself that it'll be much less than 12 weeks before you start on the steps to maintenance!

Thanks tizzy,

You're right, its just one meal. and a very low cal one at that! I am so nearly there... just 12 more pounds and i will have a healthy BMI... just 10 more pounds and i will be in the 12's (in my adult life, i have NEVER been in the 12's), and just 23 more pounds and i will be at target.. then the hard work begins!

Well i had my haddock and veg tonight and it was lovely. its funny though, this diet has made me realise food is just fuel. its just there to give us energy. i used to really look forward to meal times, and would want every meal to be an amazing taste experience. And as i was eating my meal, i thought this is lovely BUT its gonna do the same job as a tetra or bar... its gonna give me energy. And i was very happy with it.

I hope my mindset it changed forever... i know old habbits can slip back in, but i never want to put weight on again. never ever. mainly because i NEVER wana have to do this diet again lol!! dont get me wrong, i would recommend cambridge to anyone that will listen, but its bloody hard work and takes a lot of inner strength.

ooohhh by the way, dont know if i said that i had brought some size 14 jeans to hang on my wardrobe as inspiration a few months ago?

well, they fit :D

suppose i better go and get some size 12's!!!

I know what you mean - I never want to have to do CD again either. Or any other major diet!

Great that your 14 jeans fit! Definitely time to consider the next size down.... Woo hoo!!!!

another 2lbs!

happy with that.

I have really tried to enjoy this last week... and i did... but not as much as i thought i was going too. Eating food again wasnt amazing. It was more effort having to think about what i wanted, cooking and then clearing up. Its strange, cause im not lazy in the kitchen, i love cooking! and before would lovingly slave over a cooker for ages to make a nice meal.

My metabolism has had a boost though, ive been quite hungry today. not properly hungry, just wanting to pick at bits of food. But i guess its a good thing, hopefully will mean a bigger loss next week! i am happy enough with these 2lbs, but something in my head keeps telling me i could be doing slimming world and lose that much per week... BUTTTT then i remember why im actually doing cambridge. I am not controlled enough to just eat healthily. if i was, i would be doing that, but having the choice to eat whatever i want is too much temptation. i would always cheat. There is no cheating on cambridge, if im eating im cheating haha! and i like that, its whats giving me my focus.

Back on SS now! Tried a strawberry tetra...not that impressed. wont be ordering any more of them! will stick to my choc tetras, mousse's and bars!

Roll on next week. only 7 pounds until i'm in the 12's!!!!!!!!!!! aaahhhhhh!!!!! last time i was 12 something i was 15 years old. cant wait! ooohh have also decided im gonna get to my target (11st 13) on SS and then work my way through the steps once i'm there to hopefully take me down to 11st 7lbs ish... that will be nice. then im never gonna let myself get above 12 stone again. am also gonna invest in some scales!

xxx

Rach - you are doing great! Definitely you will be at goal very soon and I like your idea of getting there first before doing the steps. The additional loss on the steps will give you some wiggle room with your weight - might do that myself!

We all know that losing 1-2lbs/week is a healthy rate of loss, despite the fact we want the weight to disappear much faster! WW, SW, etc are all good diets if you can stick to them. I'm on CD for the same reason you are - it's very controlled and you don't have to think about what to eat and there are no opportunities to go off CD without cheating. Our challenge will be the steps and the reintroduction of real food into our diets. Many people seem to then go to WW or other diets to learn about eating, portion control, maintaining.

An investment in scales is a good idea. I found that when I didn't bother weighing myself for a period of time, I gained weight - my promise to self is to weigh in at least 3x/week and take corrective action if I go up 3-5lbs.

Have a great weekend and I look forward to hearing about your next loss!

Rach - you are doing great! Definitely you will be at goal very soon and I like your idea of getting there first before doing the steps. The additional loss on the steps will give you some wiggle room with your weight - might do that myself!

We all know that losing 1-2lbs/week is a healthy rate of loss, despite the fact we want the weight to disappear much faster! WW, SW, etc are all good diets if you can stick to them. I'm on CD for the same reason you are - it's very controlled and you don't have to think about what to eat and there are no opportunities to go off CD without cheating. Our challenge will be the steps and the reintroduction of real food into our diets. Many people seem to then go to WW or other diets to learn about eating, portion control, maintaining.

An investment in scales is a good idea. I found that when I didn't bother weighing myself for a period of time, I gained weight - my promise to self is to weigh in at least 3x/week and take corrective action if I go up 3-5lbs.

Have a great weekend and I look forward to hearing about your next loss!

i was considering WW or SW for maintance... but i'm not sure... i like the flexability of calorie counting, i.e if i want something naughty, i can have it, but then i have to be stricter at the next meal/next day. where if you want to be naughty on WW or SW its seen as a bad thing (which for weight loss i guess it is) with the points/syns system... hmmm not sure. still thinking about it!

How are things going for you?? i've noticed our stats are very similar, want to lose roughly the same amount, roughly same starting bmi and goal bmi!

4lbs this week! very happy with that. cant believe im nearly in the 12's!! so exciting.

the first half of this week was hard. i felt hungry again, and i am not used to that! guess it was just a kickstart for my metabolism from the 810 week, second half of the week i felt i was back to normal.

am struggling to drink water, got to sort this out cause i know how important it is. i bought some summer berry water flavouring, its nice! verrrrry sweet, but i like sweet things!

and i went to primark and bought some size 12 jeggins, and a strappy vest. tried them on- they dont fit lol i am not there yet, but they do go on! and seeing as i have a stone and 3lbs till i start working up the steps i am sure i will get into them eventually.

oohhh i really wana lose 3 lbs next week so i can be 12 stone something. would also make it 4 stone that ive lost.... not banking on it though, my losses have slowed down now, so am expecting a 2lbs next week. but i will be 100% as usual, chug water all week and hope for the best!

Wow! Wow! 4lbs! That's terrific! I bet you're smiling ear to ear. :D

I'm doing ok. It's been harder to stick to CD since I came back from vacation, but I keep plugging at it and, as long as the scales go down, I'll declare victory.

WW exists in the Netherlands, but I had never heard of Slimming World before I joined this forum, so I think that isn't present here. I'm not sure if I'll do WW when I get to goal (or the steps), stick with CD til goal or do calorie counting. I bought a food scale so that I can measure things in the future. I suspect I'm leaning toward calorie counting so that I get used to weighing things, understanding how many calories are in a certain size/weight of a certain kind of food. Am a ways off at the current rate of loss, so have some time to think about it.

I'm off to refill my water bottle!

Right... i have been waiting all day to get on a laptop so i can properly write this message...

here goes....

I LOST ANOTHER 4LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

which means...

I'VE LOST 4ST 1LB!!!!!

and...

LESS THAN A STONE UNTIL GOAL, ONLY 13LBS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and...

MY BMI SO VERY VERY NEARLY NORMAL!

and most importantly...

I'M IN THE 12's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, very exciting day for me! havent been in the 12's for years! im so close now i can taste it (and it tastes like a chocolate tetra...) just 13 little pounds to go.

am so happy right now :)

Wow - huge well done, your diary is great and you are an inspiration! I am also tall, 6ft but weigh more than you, after 2and a half weeks I have lost just over a stone to get near to your starting weight. To read your journey down to the 12's is very exciting as it makes me think I can do it too xx

Wow - huge well done, your diary is great and you are an inspiration! I am also tall, 6ft but weigh more than you, after 2and a half weeks I have lost just over a stone to get near to your starting weight. To read your journey down to the 12's is very exciting as it makes me think I can do it too xx

Thank you for your kind words! its so lovely to think i might be inpiring others. You CAN do it! You have to really want it, cause its very hard. you will have to argue with yourself regulary (i still do) and stay as focused as possible, but you CAN do it. i have tried every other diet before, but have always failed. always lost a couple of stone and given up. always cheated and tried to tell myself its ok. But on cambridge (for me on ss+ anyway) if your eating your cheating lol!

Roll on 11's... i have NEVER been in the 11's. that will be a very special day x

Wow, wow, wow! That weight just melted right off you!!! Well done you! 13lbs to go - if you continue at this rate, you'll be done and dusted (out of steps and off CD) by Christmas or sooner! Great gift to yourself!!!! And, of course, to those who love you... :)

Wow, wow, wow! That weight just melted right off you!!! Well done you! 13lbs to go - if you continue at this rate, you'll be done and dusted (out of steps and off CD) by Christmas or sooner! Great gift to yourself!!!! And, of course, to those who love you... :)

eeeek I know! Very excited now. Have been so focused and not allowed myself to be excited and happy in case i get comfortable and stop, but I know that wont happen now.

Hopefully just 4/6 weeks of ss left, then I can work up the steps, then maintain! Decided I'm gonna start running as well once I'm at goal- think I need to keep pushing myself or I might slip back into old habits.

Hows your week been Hun? X

Pretty good so far! Sticking to the program and it decided to get warmer today and the weekend is looking good! What's not to like? :)

ooooh im gonna miss my weigh in this week as im going to belfast to visit my sister and nephews!

have arranged to meet a consultant over there to get some products so i can continue on ss+

bit worried about no weigh in... will i lose focus...will my motivation stop? my brain already tried to tell me i could have a curry because i wasnt getting weighed for 2 weeks! i was soooo angry with myself for thinking that, i thought i had turned a corner? guess it just proves i have some way to go yet. even if not by the scales, im still thinking like a fat person. gonna have to work my bum off to maintain this weight loss... but thats ok i guess, kinda knew anyway :)

i normally have 2 good losses followed by 2 modest ones, and ive had 4lbs the last 2 weeks and its TOTM next week, so am expecting a 1 or 2 next week... but i wont know how i have done until Thusday 1st november!! that seems like ages away.

cant wait to see my 4 nephews though, John, James, Aidan and Christopher... been soooo long! i suppose running around after 4 boys for 6 days might even boost my losses!

we shall see...

Back