Ramblings of a Fish out of water

Weigh in #3

So only 1lb this week, TOTM - for the first time in 14 months so I'm cramping like hell, serves me right for forgetting to take my tablet. Ah well a loss is a loss, now to pack for Bridesmaid trip to Brum tomorrow night x

Woop woop! Well done for losing!! Enjoy it trip! :) stay happy and focused!!

I've been really bad at updating this week been sooo busy with work - in fact I should be working now as I still have 40 books to literacy mark and grade by tomorrow morning (grr!)

So still stupid TOTM so I highly doubt that we'll be looking at a big loss again this week but hopefully next week it will bugger off and leave me alone so I can lose some proper numbers.

Best get the last shake of the day in me and a bit more drink and crack on with these books I guess *sighs*

Week 5 Ramblings

Soooo tired this week - been marking every night until quite late and been on it since quite early this morning (bear in mind it takes at least 2hrs to properly mark one set of books with corrections) I'll be happy when Ofsted have been and I can go back into my normal cycle of marking rather than panic marking every night - goodbye social life until that point :(

Feeling a bit drained today and really wanting just a little bit of bread or something but I will be good and remain away from the fridge and keep knocking back my fluids - going to have shake 2 of the day in about 40 minutes. Really need to focus and finally now that it's not TOTM anymore (yay!) fingers crossed the 8lbs I need to drop by the 28th will go - just want to be in the 13s for the convention and I'll be a very happy bunny.

Next month as it's starting to get a bit colder I may order the shake and soup bumper pack as I don't think I'll want just shakes come the end of October but we shall see.

Is it really sad that my break from marking has been working out my budgeting from now until August (that being when I shall no longer be working at my current job)? Probably but now I can see where I can spend and work out when exactly I can realistically start thinking about buying a house etc.

No panic attacks so far today so I'm doing better than the latter half of the last week I've had hence the lack of posting because I was stressing too much over little things.

In reality it probably means a weekend or evening job for 6 months or so - but until January I was working two jobs anyway so it's something I know I can do...that and it keeps me on my feet and away from the snacking :)

Week 6 Weekend Ramblings

Blergh, so I had a whole 1lb loss this week - probably not helped by stress and the fact that I am now having to hide under my duvet as I'm starting to get the flu (which of course is great joy for someone with lung issues anyway), so as a result I have to lose 6lbs this week to meet my September challenge goal.

Can't take any flu meds either as I'm allergic to them :(

Oh well, hot orange water flavouring it is then.

So I've not updated for a while, what with flu and generally being hectic so here we go.

I had a couple of STS weeks for the last few (with the flu I wasn't exactly eating and therefore rarely go the packs down), and this week I'm expecting a low WI result.

So I'm hitting October with the October challenge trying to lose 14lbs which will bring me down to 13st5lbs...so here we go...for the Oct Challenge I've changed my WI to a Monday so I can get a couple more out of the month than if I stayed on a Thursday.

Week from hell...

I have literally had the week from hell, from being put down by my boss (when I'm the one who does a good portion of his work too) and the final straw yesterday of my car breaking down when I got to work - seriously, why trap me there?

So I've not necessarily had all of my packs everyday but I haven't cheated either I've just had one of those weeks where I've been stupidly stressed and forgetful.

Hey ho, let's hope next week is better!

fayfe said:
Week from hell...

I have literally had the week from hell, from being put down by my boss (when I'm the one who does a good portion of his work too) and the final straw yesterday of my car breaking down when I got to work - seriously, why trap me there?

So I've not necessarily had all of my packs everyday but I haven't cheated either I've just had one of those weeks where I've been stupidly stressed and forgetful.

Hey ho, let's hope next week is better!

Can only get better x

Ooops not updated this in a while...

The work situation is getting no better so just have to hang out until I can find another job, worst case scenario I was leaving in July anyway so just keep my head down I guess. Just makes things hard when you know you're doing the bulk of the work and then being criticised for doing your job. I'd like to think with the new headteacher coming in things would change but I highly doubt it - just wish people were held accountable for their responsibilities.

I've been a good Fish and have started the old Christmas shopping - helped by the fact that Bodyshop and Boots had either sales or points offers on, may have bought myself some pressies but who can say no to 2 bottles of bio oil for 19.99, half price perfume and triple boots points? May do some wrapping and putting away of the presents so their not out and about, main present to sort asap is to the bride to be in Fiji as that takes some time to get there. Also my room looks like a bomb's hit it so really need to tidy.

Just been feeling like October has been a pretty crappy month, hopefully November will be better! The lastest longer term goal is for January when I have to have a dress fitting for the first wedding I'm bridesmaiding for in September so need to get a bit more off by then - but we will see. Running joke is I have to have more than one dress (every wedding I've had to have two) as when I lose weight my chest gets bigger - go figure! In correlation with operation bridesmaid I really do need to tone up (especially as I'm starting to 'date' again), so when payday happens new packs need to get ordered and some form of exercise needs to be happening or I'm going to be skinnier with flabby skin -yuk!

Dr Pop Zero...yuk.

I got this as it was 50p a bottle on offer in Sainsbury's compared to the 2 for £3.50 for Dr Pepper Zero and my my can you tell the difference - absolutely vile! Still got to drink it now I have it - normal circumstances rum would have sorted this issue out, alas I cannot resort to that sadly. Really not been good with my fluids lately so I'm hoping the week off will knock me back into getting my fluids right as I really do think cutting them has not helped with my weight loss this month.

Ok so the November challenge is setting itself up nicely and I've put down to lose 14lbs - I know I didn't quite make it last time but we're going to draw a nice line under that and move on. I've lost 4 stone over the last year and a bit in my various incarnations on the diet with the nicest thing being from parents that I haven't seen in a year (between academic mentorings) saying how much weight I've lost and how I look so much healthier, result. In the ideal world by Xmas I would have liked to have lost another 2 stone but I am a realist so will take things as they come - as I've said numerous times before, I really don't want to be super skinny a really curvy 12 or a 14 will do me fine, I just want to be comfortable in my own skin again.

Speaking of which, I've order the Fiji bridesmaids dress so the rest of us can get an idea of what it looks like, material etc and as I have the biggest chest makes sense to see if the dresses are true to size or too small. We have yet to see if Cherry Red will look ok on 3 rediculously pale bridesmaids - a blonde, brunette and a redhead, guess we'll know when the dress arrives in 3 weeks.

Payday really can't come soon enough, what with having to fix poor Tink's engine this month, I've had to raid savings which ultimately has not helped operation save, save, save. Seemingly my tutoring gig has fallen through too which is a bit of a shame because I quite enjoy one to one revision, plus never going to say no to the extra pennies. Probably should go and look at marking the books I've brought home but cleaning the house seems much more appealing right now - even with the kitchen in bits.

Poorly sick Fish = grumpy Fish

So I've had what feels like an ear infection for 3 weeks now - I say feels like as by the time I actually get home from school at the minute both the doctor and the pharmacy have been long shut, so my life is no hearing and pain in one ear and fuzziness and pain in the other.

I'd like to be able to take time off to fix myself but realistically that won't happen as the whole 3 days I've been off sick in the last 4 years I've had to fix the mess left by the inability of people to follow the cover I've emailed in. There again it would help if other people took their share of the responsibility and didn't leave me to do all of the marking.

On a less grumbly note I've found mixing my bio oil into my body shop body butter a)smells better (I really don't like the bio oil smell) b)stretches both products - which lets face it aren't cheap, alot further than normal and c) moisturises my skin soooo much better.

All Xmas shopping is being done online as I don't have time to go out due to my work load, sometimes gets me thinking why I actually bother staying at the place I am.

Poorly sick Fish = grumpy Fish week 2: The ear infection remains and I've still had no time to go to the Dr - I may just go see him this week as my psorasis is back and irritating me.
Now I'm not a fan of snow as I hate the stuff (tries to kill me every year getting to work), but I'd rather like some right now just to catch up on both the backlog of work I have and the sleep I'm not getting. Shame, I like my job just not my boss and his lack of catching up on paperwork at present.

On to other more exciting news - I have a date on Thursday (assuming I don't panic and cancel), he knows I'm on VLCD and doesn't mind in the slightest (I'm probably sure that's more him not understanding what it is though).

Month goal - 10lbs

Ok so I'm a realist, I know my weight loss is slowing down at the minute so I've gone for a slightly lower goal weight this month. I'm really tired all the time at the minute too, could really do with takin the afternoon off from marking for a snooze - alas the books come first.

It's amazing what you find lurking in the back of cupboards - in my case about 30 various VLCD products which I shall be using so that I don't have to buy any more products until after xmas. So in December I've given myself 2 days off plan, Christmas Day and Boxing Day just will be on the proteins rather than on loads of snacking just to maintain some sort of normality and to appease my mother.

Wash is on, tumble drying is on. Gloves are hunted out for tomorrow - should probably pop to the shops to stock up on my must haves of the week (Dr Pepper Zero, Coke Zero and a couple bottles of water).

Hey fayfe - keep on hanging in there - slow and steady will get you there and 4 stone over the last year is not to be sniffed at - well done!

And make sure you go on that date - lets have the gosp!

vee x

hi fayfe, good idea on the mini goal , and just think how you will feel if you smash that goal!! you have done so well already keep it up and you will soon be at target xx

hope you are having a good week x

Back