Total Solution Restart 29/03/2015 Exante journey to 9st3 for life!

Deleted

Last edited:
So I ended up running all the way to my parents house - 11.7 miles. It is quite a downhill run pretty much all the way, and I ran slowly (it took me like 2 hours 20mins so just over 12 mins per mile) but I honestly felt so energetic the whole way. I felt more energy than I had all week!! It was one of those runs tht didn't feel an effort. I was definitely much more thirsty than usual though and could have done with more than the 500ml bottle I had while running.

Eating a porridge while stretching right now!!

Well done! I skived my long run! Will do it tomorrow...i do not know how you run so far when eating so little but good on you!

Deleted

Last edited:
Hi Lara!

Here to subscribe.

Congrats on the London marathon. I was there! Deferred my place due to injury. What was ur time? Any tips for when I run it next year?

My height us similar to urs (5ft 1) but my weight is nowhere near! I'm very similar to you in that when I was ur weight and running marathons and doing Tri s, I still felt like a whale. Now, I'd love to be 10st something!

Good luck for ur half. I'm having Physio at the moment as my hips and pelvis are unstable which gives me endless problems so I'm off running completely. I sneak a little mile on the treadmill cos it's bouncy... Shhhh don't tell!

One thing I would say about carb-loading for ur half... Don't go overboard so that you can hardly move! I remember eating sandwiches in the middle if the night before I did my first Great North Run. I felt like the Michelin Man!

Have a great day :) x

Deleted

Last edited:
Oh I'm such a running and diet bore! That's why I'm on here a lot. At least you lot get it!

Deleted

Last edited:
Welcome! Oh I know how you feel- I trained for the marathon in 2013 and had to withdraw too and defer. But it just wasn't meant to be that year. Next year will be your year :) I really want to do it next year too. I did it in 5 hours which I was pleased with - I realised I didn't care what time I did I just wanted to make sure I had the ability to do it, and now I can work on beating my time :) Oh cool what marathons did you do? What's your weight now? I always use my height and little legs for sympathy when tall runners tell me their times!! Is your physio good? Finding the right people to help you through injury is so important isn't it? I only found my perfect person a few months ago after paying out for loads of them - but I will def be back there When do you think you'll get back to running? Can you do other forms of exercise to build up the fitness initially? I found doing a lot of core strengthening and lunges and squats helped me - but my injury was hamstring so I think helped take the pressure off. Hahha made me laugh re. Late night sandwiches. Yes very good point. I actually partly feel my run yesterday was so enjoyable as I was so empty and light! The day before the marathon I actually ate really well but not too much - had a bagel, big bowl of plain pasta with veg for lunch, then in the eve I had a bit more pasta and another banana and a bagel. I slept really early like 9pm then has a bagel and banana in morning. I didn't feel I hit the wall at all. I did feel too heavy to run but that was the weight gain rather than food. Also- I found the calorie free electrolyte tablets a great help for after and before the race. Interesting how you said you felt like a whale running at my weight yet would know like to be there. It is so hard to appreciate where we are in the moment isn't it? As I ran yesterday I said "oh it's a downhill run it's easy" and stuff like that to negate my achievement. We really don't know what we've got til it's gone! See as soon as running comes up I keep going on and on haha, it's like when people ask me "how was the marathon?" - they always get a pretty long answer, until I realise I'm probably boring them with it all - but I def got the marathon bug in case you can't already tell!!!!

Ha! You've definitely got bug :) I've ran Manchester, Chester and Liverpool marathons. My PB is 4.44 and half PB is 2.08. I had a great Physio but he moved away so now I'm searching. I use one privately who is ok at £40 per session. I've got a hospital appt with Physio on Friday but I don't know what she'll be like. At least she's free!

I'm 12st 8 which gives a BMI of 33 ish which is obese :-/ my aim is to get weight down because the strain of carrying the extra stones would kill my joints and I don't want to knacker them further. I really miss running. Feel like I'm watching a party that I wasn't invited to! I'm tempted to sign up for something crazy but I'm trying to be good. Trying to learn to 'walk before I start sprinting!'

I ran everyday in 2012 as a challenge to myself because it was the Olympic year. 1507 miles in total. I exceeded my goal of 2012kms which is roughly 1257miles. It didn't keep my weight down funnily enough! So, I'm trying to refrain from doing anything crazy just yet. I'm not ready!

As for tough mudder... Go for it! I did Tuff Nutz which is an 11mile obstacle/challenge course for teams of 3, carrying a log around the course. It was great fun. At one point, we were in fromt of the woman who won the Liverpool Olympic distance Triathlon, the same year that I did it. Only in front if her because we started 30 mind before! It's great fun and a real physical challenge :)

Ul have noticed that I too, can go on forever!!! X

Deleted

Last edited:
Marathons;

Liverpool (my first ever marathon) was great. I did it in 4.47 and loved it. Loved running through the Mersey tunnel. The crowd support was fantastic too.

Manchester was great in a weird kinda way. I injured my gastrocnemius (calf) during a run the sat before and was barely able to walk. I had to get a taxi home after 2 miles! I did little runs on the treadmill (no more than a mile) to test it before marathon. So strapped up, I decided to do it mainly because I'd paid for it and they sent me a t shirt saying 'finisher' on it before I'd even started! The weather that day was foul. There were warnings not to travel and at one point it wAs in danger if being cancelled. It wS like the wacky races driving there. Wind and rain was horrendous. Anyway, I saw Tony audenshaw (bob from emmerdale) and that inspired me to stay and run. Lots of people didn't turn up, lots left before the start and lots dropped out or were medically put out with hypothermia. Anyway, I did it in 4.44 which was a PB! Not sure how that happened with the weather and injury. I ran 22 miles wearing a bin bag because it was so cold n wet! The support was great but a stretch if it wS exposed in the countryside and part if it was over a bridle path. They have since changed the course because of that.

Chester was another fab marathon. Had the same injury and training very little. I'd booked hotel so I decided to go and start right the masses and drop out at 4/6 miles. I went yo a pasta party the night before and managed to get my sis a number (she's a pro!) so she could run too. We ended up finishing the 26.2 in time of 5.08. We just kept talking!!! Great course and it's cool to run from England into Wales and back!

If recommend all 3 marathons :) x

Deleted

Last edited:
Ha ha I love that the mention of the word marathon has sparked marathon rants in us both!! They all sound great. What a journey you went through at Manchester - what time of year is it?! What an amazing feeling that one must have been when you finished.

Manchester is in April. I went to support this year. Great atmosphere. Was week before London :)

Deleted

Last edited:
Wow that bad weather in April!! I'm guessing you live near that way then? I'm thinking to so paris too but at the moment planning to do london 2015 all being well :)

Cool! I bet Paris is a great marathon. Yes, I live in north west so I can access lots good runs when I need them! X

Wow that bad weather in April!!

I'm guessing you live near that way then?

I'm thinking to so paris too but at the moment planning to do london 2015 all being well :)

If you want company doing Paris...I'd be up for it again :)

Deleted

Last edited:
Deleted

Last edited:
Deleted

Last edited:
Sounds like you've had a good day hon. Where you off to tomorrow? (Sorry if you've already said) xx

Back