Right, time to stop messing around! Need to find some motivation!!

Hello! No, it's not linked to SW. I've tried almost every diet going, & the one that I found easiest to lose weight on was 'fasting' (I guess it's not strictly fasting, as I always eat - can't go to sleep if I'm hungry!! But aim for 500kcal for the day) on 2-3 days of the week. However, it stopped working - basically because some weeks I was only managing 1 fast day & would eat too much / the wrong stuff on the rest!. So I thought if I tried to follow SW on my non-fast days this would help. I find that SW doesn't work for me on it's own as I always go over my syns - I can manage about 75% of the time, but usually have a couple of nights out a week & also have a tendency to binge eat :(

So far the combination approach seems to working :) Still early days though!

How's your day going? It's lovely & sunny here, too nice to be stuck in the office (which I currently am)!

X

Sat 31 Aug 2013, Week 3, Day 6

No plans for today so going to try & eat freely but stick 100% to SW & have as few syns as possible.

B: 2 fried eggs, beans, 2 tomatos, mushrooms
Snack: 2 squares chocolate (5 syns)
D: Mushroom & courgette egg fried rice

Last edited:
Sun 1st Sep 2013, Week 2, Day 7

Wow, can't believe we're in Sep already!!

No plan for today, except trying to keep to as few syns as I can. Will try & have another fast day today, but won't sweat if it doesn't quite happen!

L: Pineapple (75 kcal), 1 fig (35 kcal)
D: Homemade spicy meatballs in a tomato & red pepper sauce, with courgette & leek (c. 600 kcal)
Fruit (100 kcal)

Total cal c.800 kcal
Total syns for the week c. 125

So turned into an ID. Syns for the week were over, but not as horrific as they could have been after Thurs!

Last edited:
Monday 2nd Sep 2013, Week 4, Day 1

Fast Day 1

Rough plan for the week is to have to today, Wednesday, & Sunday as fast days (though that could change, lol).

Tea with semi-skimmed milk (no skimmed at work today :( ) (100 kcal)
2 x alpen light (Hexb, 130 kcal)
Free taster sample of sweet pretzel (guess 50 kcal, 2.5 syns???)
Ginger nut biscuit (50 kcal, 2.5 syns)
Creamy leek risotto made with slim rice (c. 200 kcal)
1 scan bran topped with fat free fromage frais & passionfruit (60 kcal)
2 Hotel Chocolate chocolates (100 kcal, 5 syns)
1 Hot chocolate (50 kcal, 2.5 syns)

Really really want to binge!!!! :( Have hade this urge sine I stopped myself full out binging on Thurs night. Trying not too, but not sure how long I can last out.... :( Already over syns & calories.....

Last edited:
Hi hun great diary, here to subscribe.

I love your honesty as from tomorrow I'm going to be brave and write down my bad/ binge days.
Really interested to see how the fasting goes.

I agree with the whole dieting & social situations but don't feel guilty generally If u can get back on plan you can still loose

You've had some great losses so far xxx

Aww, thanks hun.

I think part of the problem is that I get into a bit of a vicious cycle of binging, feeling guilty & that I need to make up for it (or even 'punish' myself by depriving myself of food, which then leads to more binging!! I kinda know I'm doing but for some reason won't / can't stop!!! :(

From the scales today I think I'll have a loss, but it's such an unhealthy way (both physically & mentally) to do it. This week, I think I'll have had 2 bingey days, 4 proper low calories (500-650) days, & 1 700ish day. That's not good. Maybe I put too much pressure on myself for doing proper alternates for my fast days - usually I binge when I have some ind of stress in my life (or am drunk with zero willpower) but yesterday I was totally sober & the only thing stressing me was that I knew I'd end up binging.

Anyhow, that was a bit longer more rambly post than I was planning.... Think my plan for this week will be to try just 2 DDs (wed & one other) & try to have a binge free week.

X

Tuesday 2nd Sep, Week 4, Day 2

Weight: 8st 11.4lb

Hopefully the scales will stay like that for WI tomorrow (even though my week / syns start on a Monday, I'm going to have official WI on a wed as I can't weigh every day & I think Wed is easiest for me).

Feeling a bit **** after last night, but hey ho today's a new day.

B: My version of scan bran cake (2 1/2 scan bran soaked in strong black tea, mixed with spices, sweetner, 1 beaten egg, 1 tblsp fat free fromage frais, & nuked in the microwave. Served with rest of framage frais (100g in total), 1 fig, & 1 passionfruit.

L: Large fruit salad, 1 alpen light

D: 1 onion, garlic, & fresh chilli fried with quorn mince, 1/2 aubergine, 1 grated carrot, 3 tomatoes, 1/2 pack mushrooms, 1/2 butternut squash, veg stock, spices & simmered until saucy. Topped with fresh coriander & served with 2 fried leeks.Such a huge portion, feel like a little piggy, lol. But lots of superfree :)

Snacks: Melon, 1 biscuit (4 syns), tea with skimmed milk, pear brandy mmmm :drool: (4.5 syns), small square of chocolate (2.5 synd)

Total syns: 11

Last edited:
Aww, thanks hun.

I think part of the problem is that I get into a bit of a vicious cycle of binging, feeling guilty & that I need to make up for it (or even 'punish' myself by depriving myself of food, which then leads to more binging!! I kinda know I'm doing but for some reason won't / can't stop!!! :(

From the scales today I think I'll have a loss, but it's such an unhealthy way (both physically & mentally) to do it. This week, I think I'll have had 2 bingey days, 4 proper low calories (500-650) days, & 1 700ish day. That's not good. Maybe I put too much pressure on myself for doing proper alternates for my fast days - usually I binge when I have some ind of stress in my life (or am drunk with zero willpower) but yesterday I was totally sober & the only thing stressing me was that I knew I'd end up binging.

Anyhow, that was a bit longer more rambly post than I was planning.... Think my plan for this week will be to try just 2 DDs (wed & one other) & try to have a binge free week.

X

I think your doing the right thing by trying to have a binge free week that's what I'm focusing on .

Thank you Kel. Have also decided to count my syns daily rather than weekly, at least for this week. The way I'm feeling at the moment I think if I try to limit myself to make up for yesterday (which I can't face updating my diary entry for :sigh: ) then I'm likely to just set myself up for failure. Think today's been ok though, how's your day been?

X

Thank you Kel. Have also decided to count my syns daily rather than weekly, at least for this week. The way I'm feeling at the moment I think if I try to limit myself to make up for yesterday (which I can't face updating my diary entry for :sigh: ) then I'm likely to just set myself up for failure. Think today's been ok though, how's your day been?

X

You've had a fab day well done. I don't limit syns either as ill end up binging
I've had a good day on plan as well & feel much better for it. Just need to keep it up xx

You've had a fab day well done. I don't limit syns either as ill end up binging
I've had a good day on plan as well & feel much better for it. Just need to keep it up xx

Glad to hear you also had a good day & feel better. Hopefully tomorrow will be just as good for us both.

X

Wed 4th Sep 2013. Week 4, Day 3

Fast Day

8st 11.4lb

Yay! :happy036: Although I was aiming for 2lb this week, after my 2 bingey days I was fearing my WI! So very happy with this.

I am going to try & go as long as possible without eating but have some raspberries & alpen lights for if I get desperate at work. Dinner will be same as yesterday but minus the leeks (I cooked double what I listed so will reheat the other half).

Although I did have a slight niggling need to binge last night, I'm hoping the positiveness from WI can help me stay strong today. I've told myself that if I do get strong binge urges today I will stop trying to do a fast day but WILL NOT BINGE ON CHOCOLATE!!! Otherwise, I need a huge kick up the bum.....

UPDATE: Food for the day

Snacks: Raspberrys (55 kcal), 1 cup of tea with skimmed milk (25k cal ?), cherries (50 kcal)
D: 1/2 of yesterdays leftovers (guess 300 kcal ??), 2 courgettes (80 kcal)

Total: c. 500 kcal, 0 syns

Last edited:
Fast Day

8st 11.4lb

Yay! :happy036: Although I was aiming for 2lb this week, after my 2 bingey days I was fearing my WI! So very happy with this.

I am going to try & go as long as possible without eating but have some raspberries & alpen lights for if I get desperate at work. Dinner will be same as yesterday but minus the leeks (I cooked double what I listed so will reheat the other half).

Although I did have a slight niggling need to binge last night, I'm hoping the positiveness from WI can help me stay strong today. I've told myself that if I do get strong binge urges today I will stop trying to do a fast day but WILL NOT BINGE ON CHOCOLATE!!! Otherwise, I need a huge kick up the bum.....

Well done hun keep at it your doing really well xx

Thursday 5th September, Week 4 Day 4

B: Another experimental scan bran cake (1 grated carrot, 5 scan bran, 2 eggs, couple of large spoons cherry muller light, spices). Made 2 cakes & had 1 for breakfast along with the rest of the muller & some pomegranite.

L: Remainder of my veggie quorn stew thing with 2 courgettes.

Snacks: melon, cherries

Haven't been able to stop myself eating today!!! Think alot of it's out of boredom, just hope it doesn't affect my loss this week as technically not been off plan Just a HUGE amount, grrr.... So here's what piglet me had today:

Fruit:
1 entire melon, 1 large punnet cherries, 1 punnet raspberries, 1 portion pomegranite seeds

Veggies:
2 courgettes, 1/4 aubergine, 1.5 carrots, 1/4 onion, 75g mushrooms, 2 tomatoes, 1/4 onion, 1/4 pack butternut squash, garlic, fresh coriander

HexB (x2):
5 scarn bran, 2 HiFi light

HexA
Skimmed milk (in tea)

Other Free:
2 eggs, quorn mince, cherry muller light

Ugh! Makes me sick just looking at the amount. The only thing I feel slightly good about is that I really wanted chocolate, but so far resisted that....

Last edited:

B: Another experimental scan bran cake (1 grated carrot, 5 scan bran, 2 eggs, couple of large spoons cherry muller light, spices). Made 2 cakes & had 1 for breakfast along with the rest of the muller & some pomegranite.

L: Remainder of my veggie quorn stew thing with 2 courgettes.

Snacks: melon, cherries

Haven't been able to stop myself eating today!!! Think alot of it's out of boredom, just hope it doesn't affect my loss this week as technically not been off plan Just a HUGE amount, grrr.... So here's what piglet me had today:

Fruit:
1 entire melon, 1 large punnet cherries, 1 punnet raspberries, 1 portion pomegranite seeds

Veggies:
2 courgettes, 1/4 aubergine, 1.5 carrots, 1/4 onion, 75g mushrooms, 2 tomatoes, 1/4 onion, 1/4 pack butternut squash, garlic, fresh coriander

HexB (x2):
5 scarn bran, 2 HiFi light

HexA
Skimmed milk (in tea)

Other Free:
2 eggs, quorn mince, cherry muller light

Ugh! Makes me sick just looking at the amount. The only thing I feel slightly good about is that I really wanted chocolate, but so far resisted that....

There are lots of lovely healthy things there Emmster, I don't think you need to worry :) And well done on resisting chocolate !!! x x

Back