Right, time to stop messing around! Need to find some motivation!!

There are lots of lovely healthy things there Emmster, I don't think you need to worry :) And well done on resisting chocolate !!! x x

Thank you. I know the foods themselves are ok, but just feel a bit frustrated with myself for eating until I'm really unfortably full! Even though it's an improvement on my usual chocolate / biscuits / cake (tho that's partly coz I'd just bought my weeks fruit supply, & eating unhealthy stuff would have involved going back out to the shop, lol)

X

Friday 6th Sep 2013, Week 4, Day 5

Fast Day 2 (as not counting Mon as a fast day, lol)

Weight: 8st 10.4lb

Yay, it's Friday!!!!!

Keeping this diary has made me realise that the scales & my perception of how I'm doing has such a huge effect on my mood & attitude, which in turns impacts how easy I find it to stick to plan. So from now on I'm going to try really hard to do the following:

1. Be more positive!!! :)
2. Don't beat myself if I have one bad meal / day - draw a line & move on
3. Don't get disheartened by the scales. A STS or small gain is not the end of the world & will happen from time to time. If I wasn't on plan at all, I would have gains all the time!

I know I'm not got going to start instantly doing these all the time, bit hopefully putting it down in writing & being able to look back over this when I'm really struggling will help to slowly change my attitude.

UPDATE: Food for the day

1 alpen light (65 kcal, hexb)
2 x tea with skimmed milk (50 kcal?, hexa)
Wafer thin ham (130 kcal)
Free sample pretzel (guesstimate 70 kcal? 4 syns?)
150g haddock (c. 100 kcal)
Fennel (c. 35 kcal)
2 leeks (c. 50 kcal)
1 courgette (c. 40 kcal)
1 egg (80 kcal)
75g fat free yoghurt (50 kcal)
Slim rice

Total cal: c.600
Total syns: 4

Last edited:
Yey found your diary... Only took me 3 week to figure it out lol xx

Fast Day 2 (as not counting Mon as a fast day, lol)

Weight: 8st 10.4lb

Yay, it's Friday!!!!!

Keeping this diary has made me realise that the scales & my perception of how I'm doing has such a huge effect on my mood & attitude, which in turns impacts how easy I find it to stick to plan. So from now on I'm going to try really hard to do the following:

1. Be more positive!!! :)
2. Don't beat myself if I have one bad meal / day - draw a line & move on
3. Don't get disheartened by the scales. A STS or small gain is not the end of the world & will happen from time to time. If I wasn't on plan at all, I would have gains all the time!

I know I'm not got going to start instantly doing these all the time, bit hopefully putting it down in writing & being able to look back over this when I'm really struggling will help to slowly change my attitude.

I totally agree with you. What I put in my mouth and how I feel about it can completely alter my mood. If I think I'm having a bad day then I can just give up and eat anything. Positivity is so important. I hope you are having a Good Friday x x

Sat 7th Sep 2013, Week 4, Day 6

Brunch: 2 fried eggs, 1/2 onion, garlic, mushrooms, 2 plum tomatoes, small can reduced sugar & salt beans, 100g butternut squash (roasted wedges :) )

Snacks: Raspberries, Blackberries, 50ml gin (5 syns) blended with ice, juice of 1/2 lemon, & handful blackberries (refuse to syn the bbs, lol, as would have eaten them anyhow!)

Dinner: Steamed fish balls (cod, basil, chilli, garlic, ginger, fish sauce, soy sauce, mirin)

Homemade chicken & spinach curry

Wine (prob most of a bottle.... guess 30 syns)
8 celebrations chocs (20 syns)
2 lindor lindt (8 syns)
3 small squares choc (6 syns)

Total syns c. 70

Last edited:
Hi hun just catching up after a busy couple of days. Your diary a looking fab even on the day when you felt you had eaten to much.

I'm with ya on ya mini goals especially being more positive. I think it really has a big impact on your journey and weather you eat good or bad.

Hope your having a good weekend xxx

Found you :) xx

Hi there :)

Having a little read through your diary. I like the set up. I didn't think to type up my food on mine. Oops! Oh to be your current weight would be HEAVEN for me!!!

Hi hun just catching up after a busy couple of days. Your diary a looking fab even on the day when you felt you had eaten to much.

I'm with ya on ya mini goals especially being more positive. I think it really has a big impact on your journey and weather you eat good or bad.

Hope your having a good weekend xxx

Thank you! Not looking quite as good now, after last night, lol. Even though I ate way over my syns / what I intended, I felt slightly more in control & am not going to dwell on it / beat myself up over it today.

Weekends not too bad, though have to do a bit of work :( How's yours going?

X

Hi there :)

Having a little read through your diary. I like the set up. I didn't think to type up my food on mine. Oops! Oh to be your current weight would be HEAVEN for me!!!

Aww, thank you! I find if I don'keep track of what I eat, it's so easy to cheat without realising. Plus I quite like being able to look back over weeks when I've had good losses or when I've had gains / stss & identifying what works well for me.

X

Sun 8th Aig 2013, Week 4, Day 7

Fast Day 3

Aiming for 500-700 kcal today & as few syns as poss. If I get hungry though, will increase calories with SW friendly foods. Tomorrow there will be lots of cake at work so will allow myself to have some. Could probably resist, but don't think I will as it'll leave me feeling deprived & more likely to lead to a binge. Plus people will be asking why, & prefer not to tell everyone at work I'm on a diet! So, given yest was way over syns & tomorrow I'll use most / all of my 15, I'm going to be super good today :)

UPDATE: Food for the day

Tiny taste of cakes I was baking (max 100 kcal, 5 syns)
1 plum tomato (20 kcal)

Courgette soup - 2 courgettes (40 kcal), stock (15 kcal), few spinach leaves

Fishcakes (c. 400 kcal)

Total c. 600 kcal, 5 syns

Last edited:
Thank you! Not looking quite as good now, after last night, lol. Even though I ate way over my syns / what I intended, I felt slightly more in control & am not going to dwell on it / beat myself up over it today.

Weekends not too bad, though have to do a bit of work :( How's yours going?

X

Hi hun just a chilled out one this weekend can't believe how fast the weeks are rolling by.

Wednesday 11th Sep 2013, Week 5, Day 3

What is an ID day ? Sorry if I'm being stupid :)

No, not stupid at all. Just my lazy abbreviations, lol. ID is an intermediate day - so try to keep calories low but not super low (1,000-1,400 range is what I go for, though kind of make it up as I go along a bit).

Anyway, that didn't quite go according to plan..... *hangs head in shame* & have really struggled the last couple of days. Whoch has resulted in a huge step backwards & a gain for the week. Oh well, line is well & truly drawn & today is a new day.

Food for Monday
3 huge slices choc fudge cake, 4 flapjacks, fajitas, 2 packs of crisps, 4 packs of quavers, wine, chocolates.

Really long & stressful day at work (which should NOT be an excuse for eating that much rubbish) but hey ho, what's done is done :(

Food for yesterday

Bread with olive oil & balmasic vinegar, burger & chips, 1 glass wine, 2 biscuits, 1 pack crisps, chocolate, 1 piece flapjack, homemade soup, 2 pieces french bread, salami, 3 small chocolates, 1 pint fruit cider

Weight: 8st 12.8lb :eek:

Food for today

1 Hotel chocolat choc, small bit of courgette & brocolli boiled in stock

Last edited:
Back