Rising from the ashes...

Hi guys! Day 14/28. I changed my weigh day to today, so week 2 and I have lost another 3lbs - so 13lbs in total! A bit disappointed I can't say a stone in 2 weeks ;) lol, but pleased!

This week coming up will be the hardest, I have never made it past week 3 and it's usually because of the mind games that start up. This time is going to be different though. I had a bit of a wobble last night, emotionally, after I found a set of old holiday photos. The fact they were of my ex and I didn't help, but mainly it was that I remember enjoying that holiday but being unhappy that I had put on so much weight before going. I came home determined to lose it and was mortified I had just slipped into the obese BMI category. Within a week I was back out of it and I went on to lose just over 2 stone. How could that same person end up here?!?

I started thinking about a weight when I will feel better and I realised that if I continue to think like that then I will be miserable until I reach near my target! Sticking to this diet I will get there, but on the way there I need to change the way that I think otherwise this will all be pointless. I need to be able to look in the mirror at the weight I am today, the weight I will be in 4 weeks, 4 months etc and say "well done, you're doing great.. you look so much better". I do not need to be at my target to feel better about myself. That started 2 weeks ago when I committed to being 100% and it continues today.

Yes I have a long way to go, but hey I looked in the mirror today and appreciated that my face looks much slimmer than before.. lets see what looks slimmer next week :)

You really are in zone! Inspiring well done

That's a brilliant attitude to have :) well done you

You really are in zone! Inspiring well done

Thank you both :D It feels like things are finally starting to click into place!

I have applied for a few jobs too so fingers and toes crossed that something comes out of that too so I can breathe a little easier. My mind is really in this right now. I have always been 'all or nothing'.. it's just the getting to the stage of being all in that has always taken so long. Now I am there again I'll be damned if I come out of it before I get to where I want to be!

The problem I have had before is that when I come anywhere near a target weight I usually lose focus.. I need to make sure I have other targets to focus on. In fact, to try and make sure that doesn't happen I am going to sit down and think of a list of non weight related targets I want to achieve!

Last edited:
Good planning Phoenix and well done on the loss. Hope something comes from the jobs you have applied for x

I'm liking your attitude;) From a personal note we started at about the same weight, though sadly for me not at the same height :mad: and though I'm three stone from what I've set as my ideal goal I can appreciate (and do) the difference in the way I look and feel - and I think the bonus for me this time is that though I do appreciate it I also very much want to look and feel even better which then pushes me to keep going at it.

I think what I'm trying to say is enjoy the new you(s) along the journey but at the same time stay aware of your ideal you for the future :D xx

I'm liking your attitude;) From a personal note we started at about the same weight, though sadly for me not at the same height :mad: and though I'm three stone from what I've set as my ideal goal I can appreciate (and do) the difference in the way I look and feel - and I think the bonus for me this time is that though I do appreciate it I also very much want to look and feel even better which then pushes me to keep going at it.

I think what I'm trying to say is enjoy the new you(s) along the journey but at the same time stay aware of your ideal you for the future :D xx

You are absolutely right. That was the mistake I have made in the past and ended up not getting to goal. I was looking on the Exante site today and ventured into the Forum and someone had posted a link to a site called 'What Will I Look Like' and you can change the settings depending on gender, height and weight and it shows pictures of people who are the same as you - but have reached their target! It's great having real people to base goals on!

Now that I am into week 3 the 5 week countdown I have on the fridge (4 weeks 100% 1 week AAM days) is starting to look better. I started this worried that I would fail after week 3 again, but I know now that won't happen. I know I'm not there yet but this time is completely different! I have a friend visiting for the day on the weekend, but she knows that I am doing this and is really supportive so I'm not worried about it.

I'm still a victim of wishing my life away.. I mean why can't I transport myself to the end of the 5 weeks already? ;) But at the same time I am enjoying waking up having completed another day instead of regretting my choices the night before - which was the story of my life a couple of weeks ago!

You are absolutely right. That was the mistake I have made in the past and ended up not getting to goal. I was looking on the Exante site today and ventured into the Forum and someone had posted a link to a site called 'What Will I Look Like' and you can change the settings depending on gender, height and weight and it shows pictures of people who are the same as you - but have reached their target! It's great having real people to base goals on!
I've not seen that section, I'll have to check it out :) x

Well done pheonix!!
What an excellent positive attitude and im sure you will make it :)

Hiya hun you are doing fab. Im like you... Tend to loSe the plot the nearer i get to goal!!! I was 9st 6 and past few weeks on n off, weighed in 10at 8 this morning and ill continue to creep up if i don't get a grip of things!! You are doing so well. Keep going xx

Hey there, I hope you doing ok. Well done you on getting past the 3 week point! (I've done well to get past day 3 lol) love reading your posts, so motivating! Keep at it xx

You are doing great Phoenix! Keep going! :)

Thanks Sleek_Chick! Still a long way to go but it has become so much easier now!

Hiya hun you are doing fab. Im like you... Tend to loSe the plot the nearer i get to goal!!! I was 9st 6 and past few weeks on n off, weighed in 10at 8 this morning and ill continue to creep up if i don't get a grip of things!! You are doing so well. Keep going xx

Hi Goose, to be honest I haven't been near goal in a long time, lol, but I know what you mean. My biggest regret is not getting a grip on things sooner and letting things creep up.. so you're a step ahead of that by taking action :) and you sound determined. Good luck!

Hey there, I hope you doing ok. Well done you on getting past the 3 week point! (I've done well to get past day 3 lol) love reading your posts, so motivating! Keep at it xx

Hi Missmoss, I honestly do think that getting past day 3 is more of an achievement that getting to the end of week 3.. I know that sounds silly but the number of times I started and didn't get past them. Once I am into the swing of it, like now, and it becomes a routine I find that I can cope with it. Previously a social event has come up around this point and I have thought "well I'm coping fine, I'm sure evening / day / weekend won't hurt and I will get back to it"..... but I never have and part of that is the mind games of those first few days!

I haven't been around for a couple of days, but I am still being good and 100% :D I started working on a list of things to work towards to keep my focus (and I plan on getting back to doing that). One of the things was learning to drive :eek: (better late than never, haha). So I am currently working towards sorting that out.

My sleeping pattern is completely messed up at the moment and I have found that being tired has really increased my tendency to think of food.. and bad food! While it isn't great being in the middle of thoughts like that I have found it has actually been easier to talk myself out of say ordering a takeaway than it is when I have thoughts of a chicken salad! The main thought that keeps me on track is the idea of being in this position again.. another 'new / final' start.. another failed attempt.. and that is enough to remain determined.

I am tired of feeling sorry for myself and as if I have no control. If I want to eat and lose the weight slower I can, but I have chosen to do this. Therefore, quote for today: Suck it up.. and one day you won't have to suck it in! ;)

You're doing brilliantly Phoenix and you should be very proud of yourself, fab idea having a list of things to focus on - best of luck with the driving :) x

Back