Rising from the ashes...

Btw I googled that web page and found it, I love it!! Thanks for letting me know about it xx

I agree! When I am tired, I make poor food choices. I find that food preparation really helps with maintenance. I think I will probably cook multiple meals and freeze them. That way, when I am too tired to cook after work, I know I will have something healthy to eat.

Btw I googled that web page and found it, I love it!! Thanks for letting me know about it xx

That's great, I love it too!

I agree! When I am tired, I make poor food choices. I find that food preparation really helps with maintenance. I think I will probably cook multiple meals and freeze them. That way, when I am too tired to cook after work, I know I will have something healthy to eat.

Preparation is definitely key! I hadn't noticed tiredness had such an impact on my appetite.. I am a poor sleeper at the best of times so this is definitely something to make note of and being more aware of it while on this diet will hopefully help when I re-introduce food too!

Just a quick update.. I will be back later for a more in-depth one, but end of week 3 today and another 4lbs off! :D Here's to previously unexplored territory.. WEEK 4!!

Yay well done your loss, your doing great and I love your positive attitude.

thanks for for the link to that page it's great!

Last edited:
I have been so busy the last few days. I have a lot of catching up to do! One thing I will say is that I have really struggled with food thoughts the past few days! I really don't know what it is about me and the mind games when it gets to this point in the diet. I have tried to think about possible causes and came up with thoughts / possible solutions:

- I have been around people who are eating a lot more = I can't really change that, but making sure my family and friends know that I am doing this and that it is really important to me has led to a lot more support than I expected. In practical terms I have found drinking more hot drinks has also helped with feeling full.

- I have begun to notice a difference = I have had a clear out of my wardrobe and reminded myself of purchases or previous outfits I loved which I have no hope of fitting into right now helps realise there is a long way to go!

- Lack of sleep / Hormonal = I am working on improving my sleeping habits and when I think 'I really want to eat ___' I stop and remind myself that reaching my goal is more important to me than that feeling. By that I don't mean I sit and try to visualise myself at goal, because when I want to eat something then and there the thought of months down the line doesn't really grab my attention. I think about it is terms of my 4/5 week challenge. Am I really going to give up when I only have x days left?! And each morning I have woken up thinking 'I am so glad I stayed strong'.

Do any of you have any other tips / ideas?

I think the trick is to take one day at a time Phoenix. Looking to far ahead makes it a much bigger task to tackle.

Night time has always been my downfall when the munchies appear. I save one pack to have as late as possible & have a bullion drink if needed. I've decided to try to get to bed a bit earlier from now on so that there is less temptation to contend with at the end of the day although I'm not sure if that's realistic as I do like to watch a late night film.

Hope you have been getting on ok over the last few days x

Hope all's going well with you Phoenix x

Hi Phoenix, how you getting on x

Back