Ruby's Starting Over (Again!)

Wow wow wow
Brilliant results you must be soooo happy xx.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

WOW! 5lbs is incredible, big well done, you must be over the moon!! xx

Thank you so much everyone for your encouragement this past week! I think without your help I probably would have caved and not achieved the loss I did. I'm now at 11 stone 13.8 lbs as of this morning but I'm not changing my stats until next week now. Feeling very excited today as we're going to book our holiday tomorrow; Prague in December. I love Prague and it will be the 4 year anniversary of our engagement when we go so DF suggested that we recreate the night (dinner in the same restaurant and then the same walk down to Charles Bridge). He even suggested about hiring a photographer for a couple of hours and getting some nice photos of the two of us (because there aren't any!) in our favorite city. So the pressure is on to hit target by December! Food wise, today is shaping up quite well:

21st April (Week 3, Day 1) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 x bacon medallions, 2 slices wholemeal bread (HEB), baked beans, mushrooms, egg, plum tomatoes

Lunch - Salad (spinach, lambs lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, yellow pepper), mozzarella (HEA), sliced chicken breast

Dinner - Chickpea, sweet potato and spinach curry with peppers and mushrooms and maybe a small amount of rice

Snacks - 2 clementines

I have a Malteaser Teaser easter egg sitting next to me, which has been there for almost 2 weeks now and I haven't touched it. I might have have 5 syns worth with a cup of tea tonight. But to be honest I really don't crave any chocolate. What is wrong with me!?!?

Argh back to work today and I find myself the first in the office before 8 o'clock. I'm not that eager really. Didn't have rice with my curry last night because the sweet potato and chick peas were enough carbs for me. Didn't eat all the curry either so will having the rest for dinner again tonight. Also treated myself to half a malteaser teaser bar (just under 5 calories) and have to say I didn't really enjoy it. Does this mean I've gone off of chocolate? Seriously considering asking DF to eat the rest of it and the egg as I'm not too fussed.

I said I wouldn't be doing the salad challenge this week but it turns out that I've planned to have salad for lunch every day! Not going to stick religiously to the red / green days but will keep my carbs low and still drink my 2L of water and increase my exercise.

Today is shaping up to look like this:

22nd April (Week 3, Day 2) - Green

Breakfast - Porridge (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), strawberries and blueberries

Snack - Carrot sticks

Lunch - Salad (lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber, tomatoes, beetroot, radishes, pickled onions, gherkins, cottage cheese)

Snack - Shape 0% fat strawberry yogurt, banana

Dinner - Chickpea, sweet potato and spinach curry with a small amount of rice

Snack - Melon

If I want to use my additional healthy extras, I can always have some ryvita with low low at some point today but to be honest that feels like enough for me for now! Off to make my morning coffee, hope you all have a great day.

Afternoon all. Had a nightmare of a day yesterday; was in work before 8 and then didn't leave till 6. It then took ages to get home because there were problems with the trains, so all I wanted to do when I got in was go to bed. Managed to reheat my curry, cook some rice to go with it and then stirred in the remaining low low I had kicking around the fridge! It was interesting but it actually tasted pretty good.

Today I've been on a course most of the day and have only just got back to the office. Now I'm feeling all tired but have to crack on for another hour once I've finished checking mins! Food wise today is:

23rd April (Week 3, Day 3) - Red

Breakfast - Activia 0% fat yogurt, banana

Lunch - Salad (lettuce, tomatoes, red pepper, red onion) with some chicken breast

Snack - Grapes

Dinner - Sausage stew (BGTY Sausages (1 syn for 2), bacon, onion, baked beans, mixed beans, peppers, tomato puree, beef stock, garlic) with broccoli and any other superfree veg I feel like picking up on the way home.

Snack - 2 clementines

I'm counting the beans in my portion of stew as my HEB and I will probably have a nice hot chocolate using my milk (HEA) and a teaspoon of the choc shot (1.5 syns) to finish off the evening.

Also, I tried the salted caramel green tea last night and I really do kind of like it. Might have to wait a while before I can buy any though as I order a assortment of 70 different flavored teas from Twinings and well, that's a lot of tea to get through!​

Morning all. No wonder I've been so tired the past couple of days; mother nature has decided to pay me a visit. This TOTM really takes it out of me as I'm quite anemic anyway so I just want to sleep all the time. Trying to fill up on the leafy green veg as mush as possible as well as drinking lots of water to help get rid of the bloat. Not feeling particularly hungry today but plan to have the following:

24th April (Week 3, Day 4) - Red

Breakfast - Shape 0% Raspberry yogurt, strawberries, blueberries

Snack - Banana

Lunch - Salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, pickled onion, carrot, beetroot, gherkins and cottage cheese)

Snack - 2 clementines

Dinner - Leftover sausage stew from yesterday (1 syn), brocolli

Snack - Hot chocolate made with skimmed milk (HEA and 1.5 syns for the choc shot)

I'm starting to notice that it's a real effort to have my healthy extras each day. That's one of the reasons I love Extra Easy because I only have to worry about one of each and that's it. But where I'm going low carb, it's working out better to do red / green days instead. At least I have the option of the extras if I fancy more cheese I guess!

Morning everyone. This week is dragging and I can't wait for the weekend. Got to work extra early today so I can leave early. I know I'm still working for the same amount of time but knowing that I'm finishing 30 minutes before I usually do has cheered me up no end. Today's food is looking a little different today:

25th April (Week 3, Day 5) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Melon, blueberries and shape 0% fat strawberry yogurt

Snack - Banana

Lunch - Salad, same as yesterday (lettuce, carrot, beetroot, gherkins, pickled onion, cucumber, tomato, cottage cheese)

Snack - 2 clementines

Dinner - 'Nando's': chicken breast marinated in Nando's lemon and herb sauce (2 syns), corn on the cob, ww wholemeal pitta (HEB), golden rice, grilled hallomi (HEA) and salad.

It's the first time I've attempted to make 'Nando's' at home and I just hope the DF likes it as he LOVES Nando's. So much so that I bought him one of their t-shirts a few years ago and he wears it all the time.

Also, the fact we booked Prague yesterday has got me all excited. Ideally I would love to hit target by the time we go in December because it will be 4 years since we got engaged there and that was pretty much me at my heaviest. I've worked out that if I average a lb a week then I will have hit my 10 stone 7 target by the middle of September. To me, that's a realistic goal and will accommodate a few episodes off plan (DF's 30th Birthday in 2 weeks, weddings in the summer etc). Coming to that realisation has given me renewed enthusiasm and I'm definitely going to get there.

It's the weekend! Came home from work yesterday feeling a bit rubbish; sore throat, sneezing, aches and pains. So dinner was definitely what I was in the mood for. Ended up eating my 2nd malteaser bar (9.5 syns) while watching The Hunger Games and then tucked myself up in bed. Feeling a lot better today and had a sneaky weihg in peak and I may have lost another 2lbs this week! Hoping it's still the same tomorrow when I weigh in!

Having a lazy morning and then I'm going to the local theatre to see a play with some friends followed by dinner in Yo Sushi. Planning on having some miso (1.5 syns), edamame and sashimi (and maybe some other sushi bits for a couple of syns) followed by some fruit. We're going to the pub afterwards and I'll probably stick to diet coke as I'm not feeling brilliant. So today's food is looking like this:

26th April (Week 3, Day 6) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Porridge (HEA, HEB) with banana

Lunch - Corn on the cob, cucumber, tomatoes, gherkins, beetroot

Snack - 2 clementines

Dinner - Yo Sushi

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Afternoon everyone! Had such a lovely time last night, it was great having a girlie evening out. The play was good and then Yo Sushi was amazing. Can't believe I haven't been there in so long. Ended up having 5 syns as I had some miso and then a vodka and diet coke in the pub we went to afterwards. Think I may have sabotaged my weight loss for tomorrow as I had 2 servings of the edamame beans and they're loaded with salt so I'm a bit bloated today! Trying to drink lots of water to get rid of it but not sure it's going to work in 24 hours. Having a lazy day today so food looks like this:

27th April (Week 3, Day 7) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 slices wholemeal bread from 400g loaf (HEB), egg, beans, mushrooms and tomatoes

Lunch - Ham Salad (lettuce, peppers, beetroot, carrots, sweetcorn, ham chunks)

Snack - Mullerlight orange with chocolate

Dinner - Fake Donner Kebab with salad an SW Chips

Snack - Options hot chocolate (2 syns)

Well done on the challenge Emma, good luck for weigh in tomorrow hun, hope you do smashing ! :D Will look out for your results on the thread ! :)

Kay xx

Thanks Kay! Have updated the Salad challenge thread to say that I've lost 1lb this week. It could have been more but I am so bloated it's unbelievable! Still, 1 lb lost is another lb closer to target so I'm not complaining. I'm also officially in the 11's now and I'm determined to not go back to the 12's ever again. Feeling so tired this morning too, could barely keep my eyes open on the train. Hoping for a relatively straightforward week at work but I'm not sure that's going to happen. Food wise today is looking like this:

28th April (Week 4, Day 1) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - oats (HEB), strawberries, blueberries and a shape 0% fat raspberry yogurt

Snack - Banana

Lunch - Salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, beetroot and tuna mixed with natural ff yogurt and red onion)

Snack - 2 Clementines

Dinner - Stir Fry with 2 syns for the oyster sauce I'm going to use.

Snack - Hot chocolate (HEA, 2 syns) and a kiwi

Hope you all have a great day, I better get cracking with some actual work now that I've finished breakfast!

Yesterday was not a good day. Had a huge amount of work dumped on me, got all stressed about it and ended up with a massive headache. Dinner was a bit of a disapointment as there wasn't as much veg in the stir fry as I was led to believe by the size of the packet. So after having that I ended up popping to the shop and buying some cooked chicken and ate that with some gherkins. Also weighed out 30g of my easter egg and ate that instead of the hot chocolate, which worked out at 10 syns (and I enjoyed every bit!). Woke up this morning with what feels like a cold, but I know that it's actually my wisdom teeth trying to make a break for freedom again. Does anyone else get a cold when their teeth are moving about? I've always been like it, ever since I was a baby. Anywho, on to another busy day at work fueled by:

29th April (Week 4, Day 2) - Green

Breakfast - 2 x weetabix (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA) and a banana

Lunch - Salad (mixed leaves, tomato, pepper, red onion), cottage cheese, shape 0% strawberry yogurt

Snack - 2 clementines

Dinner - Pasta with leek, courgette, broccoli, peas and some low low (HEA)

Snack - 30g easter egg (10 syns) with a cup of tea (still have about 100mls left from my HEA this morning)

Went for a green day because I wanted weetabix this morning and cheesy pasta tonight so needed the additional HEA to get me through my cravings. Might have to have some ryvita later for a HEB and some additional fiber as I'm rather bloated and may need to resort to speed soup soon to get things moving so to speak! Sorry for the TMI!

Hope you all have a great day, I'm off to crunch some numbers!

Well done on your loss this week Emma, you did brill on the challenge hun, hope you have a fab week ahead ! :p

Kay xx

Thanks Kay! Managed to get all my work done yesterday only to go to the meeting today and have it ignored. Such is life I guess! Feeling a lot less bloated today so hopefully I'm on my way to another loss! Food wise, today is shaping up with the following:

30th April (Week 4, Day 3) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 weetabix, skimmed milk (HEA)

Snack - Banana

Lunch - Pasta, mushrooms, peas, leeks, chicken and low low (left over dinner from last night, going to say 3 syns for the low low), strawberries

Snack - Shape 0% yogurt, strawberries

Dinner - Jacket Potato with cottage cheese and salad

For some reason my favorite topping on a jacket is cottage cheese at the moment. It used to be beans and cheese, then tuna and cheese and now its cottage cheese! Especially the onion and chive one. Very much looking forward to it tonight with a lot of salad, even though it will mean I'm having carbs in all my meals today. Oh well, one day isn't going to hurt and it's balanced out with all the superfree and protein.

Morning everyone. Ended up eating another 10 syns of easter egg last night. Almost just devoured the whole thing but managed to reign myself in. Absolutely chucking it down here this morning. As long as its sunny this time next week for DF's 30th birthday, then I don't mind! Feeling very bloated again today. I'm thinking that going from having very few syns to having at least 10 a day isn't really helping. I feel like I'm retaining everything even though I'm drinking over 2L of water a day as well as herbal teas. Might have to limit myself to 5 syns a day and cut back on the carbs and see what happens. Today is looking like this:

1st May (Week 4, Day 4) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Shape 0% strawberry yogurt, banana

Snack - Blueberries

Lunch - 2 ryvita (HEB), low low spread (HEA), carrot, cucumber and tomato

Snack - 4 plums

Dinner - Salmon and prawns with chopped tomatoes, mixed peppers, courgette and broccoli, potato wedges

I might have potato wedges with dinner (hence going for an extra easy day) but if not then I'll make it a red day and have another HEB and HEA to round the day off with.

After restraining myself on Wednesday, I ended up eating the rest of my easter egg last night. Probably over 30 syns but it was justified as I got some bad news about my dad last night and just needed to comfort eat. I'm surprised I managed to restrain myself so much; I live less than 5 minutes walk from a co-op so I could have gone out and bought more chocolate and cakes. Feeling a bit down today but still at work, might actually ask my boss if I can leave early because I don't think I'm going to manage to concentrate that much. Food wise:

2nd May (Week 4, Day 5) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Weetabix (HEB), skimmed milk (HEA)

Snack - Banana, activia 0% yogurt

Lunch - Turkey Salad (Turkey breast, mixed salad leaves, cherry tomatoes, red onion, red pepper)

Snack - Grapes

Dinner - Chicken nugget things from the fakeaways book (1.5 syns), SW chips and beans

Snack - Kiwis

Not much super free going on today but I don't really feel up to thinking about food much.

Sorry to hear about your dad - look After yourself - all your mini friends will be here for you xx

Well hello there, it's been a while. I've had pretty much a week and a bit off plan after my dad's news. Don't worry he's not been given a terminal prognosis, he just has to have an additional operation that none of us were expecting. Consequently I ended up ordering pizza that night and pigging out because I felt so guilty at letting him go to the appointment on his own. Then I went to Berlin on Thursday, coming back yesterday and basically ate lots of things that weren't slimming world friendly and drank lots of beer. But it was a surprise for DF's 30th birthday and we loved every minute of it. Probably ended up walking over 5 miles each day and I have to say, I think my legs look a bit more toned than they were before we went!

But I've drawn a line under all of that and I'm now ready to move on.

So weigh in this morning wasn't great: 4lbs back on, but I'm just going to chalk it up to one of those things and will now pull it back over the next couple of weeks. Haven't had a chance to go food shopping since we got back so it was a case of seeing what was in the Co op on the way to work this morning:

12th May (Week 6, Day 1) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Activia 0% Strawberry yogurt, 2 plums

Lunch - Co op Spinach, lentil and chick pea dhal soup (no idea on syns for this! Looking at the ingredients it does have rapeseed oil but other than that, everything else appears to be free / superfree? Going to go ahead and say it's 10 syns for the day), grilled chicken breast, 2 plums

Snack - Pineapple fingers, grapes

Dinner - Cheese and Broccoli pasta & sauce with added broccoli and mushrooms

Snack - 4 laughing cow extra light blue cheese triangles (HEA) with 2 ryvita (HEB)

And I will then be heading to Sainsbury's this evening to stock up on all the things I should be eating!

Hey Ruby, nice to see you back. I hope you Dad is OK / on the way to recovery :)

I've tried to look up the syn value of the soup you're having today but I couldn't find it on the syns online database...

Anyway food looks lovely for today and well done for facing weigh in and getting back on track.

Have a fab week :) Xx

Hi Ruby, sorry to hear about your dad hun, hope he gets better soon. Well done on getting back on it this week. Your foodage looks fab for today, I'm sure you will see a great result next week ! :) Soups are always good for weightloss and very filling. Hope you manage to make some lovely meals this week with your food shop. Hope you have a fab week ahead ! :D

Kay xx

Back