Running to fabulous

Food wise a really good weekend!! Under on syns for the week and no more than 15 on a day too! Must be a first for me, I used to always go over on a weekend.

Sat here thinking that I might enter the Liverpool Rock n Roll Half Marathon... I have to enter today, as otherwise I'd need to go and pick my number up from the Expo the day before, this way they post it out... It's £33... but, another medal to add to the collection and another half marathon to get under my belt this year...? What do people think?

Food wise:

Breakfast
Weetabix, skimmed milk, strawberries and pear

Snacks
Orange and Melon

Lunch
Pea and Ham soup
Mullerlight

Snacks
Banana and Apple

Tea
Mushy pea curry with brocolli and cauli (WINDY NIGHT AHEAD I THINK)

Liverpool Rock n Roll half marathon - entered

Great North Run - entered!

Wow! I'm so excited :))))

Woooohooo!!! We'll have to meet up!! I can run with you... or chase you! You'll def get me in on target lol xx

I'm definitely up for that!! Would be lovely to meet a few people and have a gossip. My sister said it was a nice course as well, lots of support all the way round.

Will be fab meeting you! Very excited for it all although I'm feeling a little stressed about getting everything booked for Paris.

How come?

We booked flights for Paris in January and accommodation at the end of Feb. don't worry!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Just having a bit of a stress head week I think. Plus, we want to book accomodation early as we want an apartment with 3 bedrooms that sleeps 6 people lol and I have no ideas about paris so trying to constantly research where would be best for us all.

On another note! I'm going to try and write up a training plan tonight for the rest of the year.

Sat in a&e waiting for someone to take a look at my foot. I'm so upset, woke up with my foot throbbing and can't put any weight on to it at all....

Wonder how long this will take

No fractures, just ligaments or something. They've given crutches to help rest it whilst it's sore and then exercises to try and help it heal.

Not sure what to do though really, maybe another trip to the physio?

Hmmmm, I'd ask around your running club and get the recommendation of a good physio in the area. Recommendations from fellow runners are always the best.

It might just be a case of needing to rest though Jennie and doing the exercises 2-3 times a day. all a physio will do really is assess you and then do the same, give you exercises to strengthen any weaknesses. Nobody can cure these things, the onus is always on the patient to do the work (rest, exercises etc) xx

True, frustrating as I had 4 weeks out in feb/March time

You've got to think of your exercises as not "time out" but as an important part of your routine! that's what my podiatrist kept telling me in Nov/Dec when I wasn't able to run.

Overall it makes you a better runner when you're fit to go again!

Jennie can I ask how you got your place in the GNR? I'm trying to get my sis to do it too but she didn't get a ballot place so charity is the next option! x

Back