Sammy's road to slimdom!!

Thank you!!

So... Friday the 13th what have you got in store for me today?!!!

So... Friday the 13th what have you got in store for me today?!!!

Oooooh I'm trying not to think about it being Friday 13th! I'm going to busy myself with going to Aldi to get some veg... Broccoli back on the 69p list! What's the worst that can happen??!!

Maybe they accidentally charge you 70p for the broccoli or something? (Perhaps I have an underactive imagination...)

Ha ha, or there could be no broccoli left! Ahhh nooooooooooooooooooooo (I like a bit of drama!! Lol) xx

Maybe they accidentally charge you 70p for the broccoli or something? (Perhaps I have an underactive imagination...)

Haha.. 2 buses each way to get there... Plenty of time for disasters!!!

Oh yes, very true! Wow you have quite a mission to get some broccoli! ;)

So far today I have managed to avoid weighing myself! Oh yes! Am going to do my best to wait until Sunday for my official weigh in.

Just had a strawberry shake. It's really nice. I only bought two because I wasn't keen on the Cambridge strawberry ones. Will definitely have to get some more!!
I really need to start working through my soups otherwise I'm going to have no shakes or bars left and have to have soup for breakfast! Yum! Lol.
Will sweet talk hubby next weekend into getting me another order ;)

So far I'm finding it really easy to stay 100%.
I don't know if its because I'm busy looking after my little one or what, but so far I'm happy with my progress. It's been hard avoiding the sweet things - which only goes to show that it's not hunger that makes me want them - its greed.
Before this diet, even if I wasn't hungry I could still demolish a mountain of chocolate.
I'm hoping I can change my eating habits once I'm at target and change the way I perceive food.
I'm good with portion control on my main meals, it's all the snacking and boredom eating inbetween. I couldn't just have an afternoon cuppa - it had to be an afternoon cuppa with biscuits or cake.
If I met my friends for coffee I always had to have something with it.
I hope I can change these habits.

Anyway - to add to what I'm looking forward to:
Throwing away my frumpy fat clothes and not keeping them 'just incase' - there's no 'just incase'. I will get to target and maintain. Not keep my fat clothes just incase I lose control. If my new clothes feel tight then it means I need to slim down again to make them comfortable.

Right that's my motivational speech to myself over!

Nothing like a bit of philosophical reflection on a Friday morning!!

Hope everyone's having a great 100% day!! Xx

It's not greed that makes you want to eat those things. It's feeding an emotional need for you - it could be providing comfort for example. If when you were young your mum would give you something sweet as a reward for being good or to show that you were loved (for example) then you can recreate those feelings and give yourself a positive boost by having them now. The secret to removing these habits in the long term is to spend time understanding why you do them and then think of other things you can do to give you the same comfort without negatively impacting your health - such as having a lovely warm bath or buying yourself a small something. This is a great diet because it takes those things out of the equation for a period of time and gives you time to contemplate these things and to help you change your relationship with food.

Hi Sammy-so glad you've managed to stay off the scales this week so far,you'll be a happy bunny when you weigh in on Sunday-thats only a mere 2 days away!!!!
I'm feeling the chills too but think its definitely a combination of a drop in temperature and Ketosis-my hubby says Im the coldest creature in the world regardless!
As for having a bikkie or cake with a cuppa....I completely agree with Weasey-its a way of treating ourselves,not hunger or greed but just a little reward that we kniw we deserve!!!!Just replace it with something else like a bath or a new lippy/eye shadow or in my case another brand of foundation to add to the vast collection I have."Normal" people dont see food ( of any kind) as a treat so why should we?As Weasey says what we have to do is teach ourselves to think differently....and you're already doing a fab job on that!

Thanks guys!!

Am going to put little one to bed then have a lovely hot bubble bath!! - a nice treat ;)

Hope everyone's Friday 13th went well!! Xx

Weigh Day Weigh Day Weigh Day Weigh Day Weigh Day Weigh Day Weigh Day Weigh Day Weigh Day Weigh Day Weigh Day Weigh Day Weigh Day Weigh Day Weigh Day Weigh Day Weigh Day Weigh Day Weigh Day Weigh Day Weigh Day Weigh Day Weigh Day Weigh Day...

Watch this space... ;)

Good luck x x

-6lbs down!

Am very pleased!! That's two weeks done! Bring it on week three! :)

Hope everyone has a good Sunday planned!! I'm building flat pack furniture and picking up a jumperoo for my daughter!! I hope she likes it!!

Sam's Stats:

Start Weight: 13st, 7lbs - 1st September 2013 :(

Week One: Lost 8lbs :)
= 12st, 13lbs
Week Two: Lost 6lbs :)
= 12st, 7lbs

Mini Goals:

September 14lb loss challenge - Done :)

To be in the 11's by my daughters christening (October 6th)

To be close to 10 stone by Christmas

To get into the 12's - Done :)
To get into the 11's
To get into the 10's
To get into the 9's

To get into my size 10 Next jeans that I've only worn once!!

WOW Sammy what a FAB two weeks....well done you :)

Thanks guys! :) (Smug grin!)

It's crazy! I stuck to the Cambridge 100% yet didn't lose a stone in two weeks! How mental is that!! Am very pleased! I know it'll slow down eventually but am happy that a big chunk has come off and once I'm another stone down my wardrobe will start looking more appealing!
3 more pounds and I'll be at my pre-pregnancy weight. - which was nearly a year ago!

We had a family lunch yesterday and while I chopped up and buttered the crusty bread for everyone, and my niece had made cupcakes I managed to only have chicken and salad on my plate with a cuppa tea and a coke zero.
Because there was so much going on no-one noticed I hadn't eaten any bread this time. I gave my husband a cupcake to take home so my niece was happy!

I'm starting to struggle in the evenings with my daughters bedtime routine and having a meal so I think I'm going to try the meal packs for lunchtime and have a bar at dinner time. Otherwise I'm struggling to get my daytime allowance in - plus I have lots of the meal packs to get through and hardly any yummy shakes.
Will be sweet talking hubby into getting me another supply next weekend!!

Today is family day so no temptations!!
Week three here we go!
Xx

Back