Total Solution Samprand's Attacking The Fat - And This Time It's Serious!

I read that in your other post but it just didn't go in at all lol What was it like? How many have you done

Just had the spaghetti bolognese, it tasted like a cross between the tomato soups and a vegetarian spag bol sauce/meat replacement called "Beanfeast" I used to have when I was in my teens - nice if you like that sort of thing. Will have red bean chilli probably around 10pm and then go to bed around 11.

Headache is still going strong but seems to have eased off a little bit for now at least! Making sure I drink plenty of water in case it's due to that

Samprand, Day 3 was tough but day 4 & 5 were manageable. I didn't get the bad headache & nausea that usually develop but that may be due to the fact that I reduced my carb intake prior to starting .I think I started writing my diary on day 3 to see if it helps & it certainly did. Hope the meals are ok, I haven't tried those ones.

Hi everyone :)

The meals are actually not too bad - my fave at the mo is the shepherd's pie, I just made up 2 packs together as I haven't felt hungry enough to eat sooner, let me repeat that:

I
HAVEN'T
FELT
HUNGRY
ENOUGH
TO
EAT

First time for everything I suppose lol So here I am at the end of day 3, currently feeling very full (but not to the uncomfortable extreme like I normally would feel after scoffing everything I could get my hands on) and still got a pack to go which I think will be a bar when I go to bed and watch a film :)

Does anyone think it might be possible that I am in ketosis already? The reasons I suspect I might be are:

1. I'm honestly not hungry and don't really think I have been apart from a few hours yesterday
2. Headache last night
3. I've been 100% on track with no cheats apart from semi skimmed milk in a few cups of tea/coffee, and have had a few glasses of Tesco Cola Xero (but haven't had any cola today)

I'm skeptical though because it is only day 3 so might be a bit too soon, I haven't felt ill or shaky, or had a really bad headache, and haven't got a metallic taste in my mouth. But if I'm not in ketosis then surely I'd be chewing the door frames by now :D

Can't use the scales to indicate whether I'm in ketosis or not as they are still playing up - tried replacing the battery but it hasn't helped.

Even if I'm not in ketosis, my skin is looking better thanks to all the water :p

Finally made it through Day 1!!!! Ohhh Emmm Geeee lol Wasn't as much of a challenge as it has been previously, in fact I actually felt full when I went to bed last night thanks to all the water I was guzzling.

Ordered a box of meal packs from Exante which arrived today, had the shepherd's pie for lunch and it was surprisingly nice, tasted like a "normal" shepherd's pie that had been mixed up and was thick and creamy, and actually filled up the majority of a bowl so it felt as though I was having a proper meal.

I know I shouldn't weigh every day but thought I would this morning, and despite my scales being electronic they kept giving me different readings, from 18st 13lbs to 19st 3lbs. In the end I weighed myself on my mechanical scales instead and they read 18st 7lbs, so I think to clarify future weigh-ins I will use the mechanical scales and add 7lbs to whatever they say as I know I must still be around 19st.

Will keep busy today and will hobble around getting some housework done. I'm also going to be looking at charity fundraising events for later in the year - should keep me motivated :)

Hope everyone's doing ok x

I'm off to Vietnam in Apr to do a charity Trek for Help for Heroes. 100km in 6-7 days.

I'm off to Vietnam in Apr to do a charity Trek for Help for Heroes. 100km in 6-7 days.

That's a whooole bunch of walking lol Your poor feet might be aching a little bit by the end! Excellent cause though

We went to Vietnam a couple of years ago, Such an interesting country. Didn't walk that far though !!

Sam just focus on how you're feeling - doesn't matter if you're in ketosis or not - that helps physically but not mentally - that's the bigger struggle so just focus on yourself and try and plan and stay strong - you're doing well - 1 day at a time!

Hi Sam. You're well and truly in the zone. Well done!

Thanks everyone! Had a slight blip this morning but I'm not going to let it throw me off, and hopefully it hasn't done too much damage. I wasn't hungry but I think I just missed food, that might sound silly lol I'm right back on plan though, I'm not going to let a bad 10 minutes turn in to a bad day, weekend, or month, otherwise it will be another 2 years before I get back on track!

I've learned from my mistakes :D

Yes get straight back on track Samprand. It will be worth it in the end x

Thanks everyone! Had a slight blip this morning but I'm not going to let it throw me off, and hopefully it hasn't done too much damage. I wasn't hungry but I think I just missed food, that might sound silly lol I'm right back on plan though, I'm not going to let a bad 10 minutes turn in to a bad day, weekend, or month, otherwise it will be another 2 years before I get back on track!

I've learned from my mistakes :D

A good, positive approach! Straight back on track!

Hi Sam. How are you doing?

Have a good day! :)

We have the same amount to lose so I know how hard it is - focus on one day at a time and just think of the amazing end result! :D

Back