Total Solution Samprand's Attacking The Fat - And This Time It's Serious!

Hi Sam. Looking forward to hearing about your day.

Hi everyone :) Yesterday wasn't great food-wise, felt a bit under the weather (a bug I think), probably doesn't help that I'm stressing about money - or lack of! - since I'm off work because of my foot, which is making my psoriasis flare up aswell, especially since our washing machine randomly flooded on us on Friday and couldn't be fixed so we ordered a new one to the tune of £250 (we needed a new one anyway but the timing couldn't have been worse!), so more stress there. So I ate some stuff that I shouldn't have but it wasn't half as bad as it could have been :p When I went to bed I was only asleep for about 45 minutes before I started waking up every hour, and had no sleep at all between 2am and 5am which is very unusual for me as I normally sleep like a log! So I just laid there trying to go back to sleep and giving one of the cats a really long cuddle :D Don't really know what's going on lol

Back on track today though, haven't had any packs so far as I've been doing housework and been busy with my partner fitting the new washing machine and trying to get through the mountain of washing that has been building up, barely had any water yet either so I need to pick up the pace on that.

and before I forget - Hello Darcy :D

How are you all doing? x

I've now decided it might be a good idea to follow Total Solution with Total Plus Solution days as and when I need them. Total Plus Solution is basically the same as Total Solution, so you have 3 packs a day whether it's food packs, shakes or soups, but you have an additional 100 calories from certain vegetables to add to the packs. I figure this will make the packs more substantial on days when I might be feeling really hungry :)

I could also add a small amount of protein to pad the packs out even more as protein wouldn't really add any carb, only a small amount of calories. My losses shouldn't be affected either as it's a very small additional amount of carbs and calories.

So yeah, that's my back up plan!

Just had a shepherd's pie pack with boiled broccoli (100g - 1.8g carb and 38 cals), and boiled cabbage (100g - 2.2g carb and 16 cals), along with a small piece of boiled white fish (0 carb and unsure of calories but wouldn't have been more than 50 or 60), I feel stuffed! It made a nice bowlful of food and was very filling, especially because I kept drinking water whilst I was eating it. Sounds weird but it tasted quite nice together :)

I think having the few extra bits really helps, and from a long-term point of view it makes you think about how much 100 calories actually is in terms of food.

Will carry on with the water and will have a shake and bar in a while. Feeling ok so far :) I hope the next few days are as easy on me as they were a few days ago!

Well done Sam! Proud of you!

Thanks! :) Off to bed now and still got 2 packs to go, so will have them sat in bed watching a film. My partner's choosing what to watch tonight so no doubt it will be a horror, oh joy lol

It ended up being a film called "Hard Candy". His previous choices have been "ATM" and "Would You Rather", all of which include psychotic people, murder, and a lot of blood. I think he has issues lol

Got the rumbly in my tumbly going on today! No packs so far today, think I might have one soon though as drinking water doesn't seem to be stopping the tummy rumbles lol I'm thinking that I might have cauliflower and chicken with pasta carbonara later :) I'm looking forward to it, it should be really tasty!

Well done Samprand, you seem to have got a routine of the ground that will help you stay on track. Didn't realise there were more carbs ib cabbage than there are in broccoli.
TH-Think I may be from Mars cos I love horror films lol. Hope the rest of your day goes well X

I know, the difference in the amount of carbs in different vegetables is quite surprising, it's an education :)

I don't mind horror films but he chooses horror films every. single. time. lol Never a comedy or anything just to lower the amount of psychological damage I'm taking :D

Just had pasta carbonara with cauliflower (200g - 62 cals, 4.2g carb) and some boiled chicken - skin removed - which was 0g carbs but I'm unsure of how many calories as I misread the pack! I'm realising now that the chicken might have been somewhere around 200 cals on its own, so for the whole meal that gives me a total of 450 calories. I'm debating whether or not to skip my next pack to make up for the extra 200 cals I've had (I'm not bothered about the carbs as that's within my allowance). I know we're meant to have all 3 packs a day though. And I don't want to be one of those people who panics over a few extra calories as I'm eating so little in comparison with what I normally eat. Or I could just exercise and burn off the extra 200 cals.

Opinions on a postcard please lol

Got a slight headache which happened last time on day 2, but it's not as bad as it was before. I've kept myself busy so far today which has been good, and while my meal was just cooking I cleaned the kitchen, mopped the floor, bleached my mop heads, did a load of washing, fed the dogs and cats and washed some dishes. So that was a fairly active 45 mins :D

I'm really looking forward to getting back to work. I was almost at the end of my first shift at a new job when I broke my foot, so really want to get back to it. I think it will also help to keep me busy as I will be working 4-11pm 3/4 days a week so will help me avoid temptation (as evenings tend to be my 'weak' time), but will more than likely be working from earlier in the day aswell, and on my days off I'm hoping to pick up extra shifts to earn more money.

The only danger will be any temptation I might feel to nip in to shops/takeaways during gaps between clients. I'm hoping I'll be ok and will try to behave myself, maybe just go for walks in the gaps instead :)

Just my 2 pence worth, but only getting 66% of your RDA of vits and mins for one day probably won't kill you. I wouldn't do it every day but once in a while should be fine. Im pretty sure there were days before I was on TS when I didn't get my RDA from my daily diet.

I agree with you Chris. People say about how important it is to have all 3 packs to make sure you get all your vitamins etc but to be honest, I quite clearly coped without having all of them before lol It may not have been healthy but I survived so I'll probably just have 1 more pack later instead.

Thank vee, I hope I am, don't feel as though I want to dive in to all my partner's 'normal' food so I must be doing something right lol

How is everyone getting on? x

Hi Sam. You're doing really well and making good choices. I also agree that missing one pack won't make that much difference. I reckon that very few people must get all their nutrients every day when not following exante!

That's my logic too Lynne :)

Off to bed now with a shake, bit of tv, got a to-do list for tomorrow to keep myself busy, part of which is to call my new employer to arrange a date when I can go back to work! FINALLY! Decided that I've had enough of doing nothing.

It's surprising that when you're really busy with work and life that you could almost pray for a few weeks off, but when you actually have it, it can get quite boring. Although to be fair, having a broken foot isn't quite the same as having normal time off lol Normal time off would include being able to get out of the house, drive, go wherever whenever I like, all of which has well and truly gone out the window for the past few weeks, but my foot is feeling much better now with only a little bit of swelling and bruising left. Yay!

Hi Sam. Being off due to an injury isn't the same as being on holiday because you can'y enjoy yourself. Well done on your exante progress!

Thanks Lynne!

Day 3 for me today, had a really rubbish night's sleep, really restless and I don't think I actually slept to be honest. Felt like my mind was racing the whole night, thinking about getting back to work, getting the car in for its MOT, money, exercise, just random stuff, even started to make a mental list of everything I've got to write in my diary before I forget appointment dates and times lol I think the disturbed sleep is due to stress though and not a side effect of Exante, although I did consider it as it would be naive not to.

Little peek on the (slightly dodgy) scales show my weight as now being 18st 8lbs, so 6lbs down from 19st on 8th Jan and that's after a very questionable 2 days over the weekend which almost definitely took me out of ketosis, so that loss is most likely since Monday as I've been on plan blip-free since then :) I will try to stay off the scales until the end of the month from this point though!

Oh my godddddd I feel so ill. Not ketosis-ill but just ill, like nauseous and as if I'm about to pass out. I've had some sleep thanks to not getting any last night but have woken up feeling even worse. I've had a shake and made myself some boiled chicken in case it was because I hadn't eaten but if anything I feel worse :(

Back