SaraC 1 Year On, restart SW Diary

That is so sweet, she is at a great age now, i love it when their little personalities start to shine through, noah is almost 17 months now, he is a bugger but very cute he has a very playful personality that hopefully won't develop him into a wind-up merchant lol, he has started to do this weird hitler walk so i am getting a bit worried!

I wish i had a j-lo!

You always eat such lovely good, i always feel hungry when i read your menus, now wanting grilled halloumi lol x

Ahh it's lovely to hear from you Donna. Glad Noah is doing well, he might just be a little mischevious boy hehe!!

I think we eat quite a lot of normal, boring food although I do try and change our meal plans each week so we're not eating the same thing over and over again!! I have just found out we have an Asian Supermarket near us so we are going to be trying some dishes from our Yo Sushi and Wagamama's cookbooks to change things around! I'm quite excited about it really (sad aren't I?!)

xx

Hiya SaraC :wavey:

I am just back from the Co-op with all the components to make your fabulous Nando's banquet tomorrow night.

I got veggie halloumi
pittas - HEXB ones
3 tins of mushy peas in a deal for £1
two big bottles of Nandos sauce in a deal for £3
Couldn't get salad leaves so got baby spinach leaves
No portobellos so just got regular
Will make some spicy rice

Only thing is that nobody else here likes halloumi so I will be eating it for days to use it up :D No problem!

Thanks again for the idea. I can't wait! :eat:

Hiya SS!!

Glad you liked the idea! It saves syns and expense if you make it yourself, it's one of my favourite "treats" (even though it's not!).

Let me know what you think about it :)

Enjoy!

Edited to add that I did 4 songs on Just Dance 2 after my tea, I have set up a challenge on there so that you do so many songs ever day, I have chose "moderate" so get to pick and dance to 3 songs every night hehe!! It only takes 20 minutes or so but is so fun you don't realise you are exercising!!

This has been my intention every night this week!!! I didnt realise you could set up challenge, I will get Meg to do this, I love JD2 but the songs are so much longer than JD1, I also have the Broadway JD, which is fun. Megs friend bought round the Michael Jackson version which was hilarious

Ahh it's lovely to hear from you Donna. Glad Noah is doing well, he might just be a little mischevious boy hehe!!

I think we eat quite a lot of normal, boring food although I do try and change our meal plans each week so we're not eating the same thing over and over again!! I have just found out we have an Asian Supermarket near us so we are going to be trying some dishes from our Yo Sushi and Wagamama's cookbooks to change things around! I'm quite excited about it really (sad aren't I?!)

xx

No you are not sad, in fact I am very jealous we have no Asian Supermarket, our nearest is about 15 miles away, when we lived in London we had loads of lovely Asian, Chinese and Turkish supermarkets where you could buy the most amazing stuff at a fraction of the cost of Tescos. So if that makes you sad there is no hope for me he he!

I still have tummy ache but I think I ate too much raw veg today (sugarsnap peas and carrot batons!).

I made the Cheese & Onion Comfort Pie for tea tonight and it was GORGEOUS!! I would recommend it to anyone, it does what it says on the tin! Before I started making tea hubby asked if I could make extra for his lunch tomorrow so I made one big pie and one little one and he said it was gorgeous and he can't wait until tomorrow now, bless him!! It will save him having a Sayers or a KFC as usual on a Friday!

I am off out tomorrow night but am going to try and stay on plan as much as I can. I will try & log my syns for the Wagamama's and alcohol I will be having!! I am also going to WI tomorrow morning and as it is only 4 days since my last WI I am not expecting a loss at all but it will get me back on track for my WI day!

I am going to be off plan on Saturday, I am going to a bistro for cocktails/meal to celebrate my 30th which is on Monday (eek!). I am going to have this off plan as I would like to eat what I want!!

Thursday 7th January 2011 - Green Day

Breakfast: 2 Pieces Wholemeal Bread (HEB) and 2 LCL Triangles (1/2 HEA) and Vegemite

Lunch: 6 Wholegrain Crackerbread (HEB), 28g Philadelphia (2 syns), Grapes, Sugarsnap Peas, Carrot Batons

Snacks: Kitkat Senses Caramel (8 syns), Clementines

Tea: Cheese & Onion Comfort Pie - DELICIOUS :D (Potatoes, Leek, Onions, Garlic, Garden Peas, Eggs, Stock, 84g Reduced Fat Cheddar (HEA), with Quorn Chilli Burger (3 syns) and Baked Beans

Drinks: 2l NAS Squash and water, Diet Coke, Tea (1/2 HEA for SS milk)

HEA: (125ml SS Milk/2 LCL Triangles), 42g Red Fat Cheddar

HEB: 2 Pieces Wholemeal bread from 400g loaf, 6 Wholegrain Crackerbread

Superfree Food: Clementines, Sugarsnap Peas, Grapes, Leeks, Carrots, Garlic, Onions, Peas

Syns: 28g Philadelphia (2 syns),
Kitkat Senses Caramel (8 syns)
Quorn Chilli Burger (3 syns)
Total syns: 13

Remaining Syns: 50/105 syns __________________

This has been my intention every night this week!!! I didnt realise you could set up challenge, I will get Meg to do this, I love JD2 but the songs are so much longer than JD1, I also have the Broadway JD, which is fun. Megs friend bought round the Michael Jackson version which was hilarious

I have only managed to do it once this week, I was too tired last night and am far too full tonight to be jumping round like a chimp!! Plus Hubby is sitting next to the TV working and would probably wet himself laughing at my lack of co-ordination!!

:)

No you are not sad, in fact I am very jealous we have no Asian Supermarket, our nearest is about 15 miles away, when we lived in London we had loads of lovely Asian, Chinese and Turkish supermarkets where you could buy the most amazing stuff at a fraction of the cost of Tescos. So if that makes you sad there is no hope for me he he!

This time last year I made the easiest things I could, now although I won't say I am a good cook at all, I can follow a recipe and can make things from scratch! I am now confident enough to invite friends round for dinner and cook a 3 course (SW) meal from scratch! Who thought Slimming World would make me an OK cook?!

I will let you know how I get on with my purchases, I will probably plan the meals for next week tomorrow if I get chance!! :D

This time last year I made the easiest things I could, now although I won't say I am a good cook at all, I can follow a recipe and can make things from scratch! I am now confident enough to invite friends round for dinner and cook a 3 course (SW) meal from scratch! Who thought Slimming World would make me an OK cook?!

I will let you know how I get on with my purchases, I will probably plan the meals for next week tomorrow if I get chance!! :D

I love cooking! can't wait to see the results but pls not too heavy on the peas!

Just a quick update, I WI this morning to get myself back on track for a Friday WI and I've lost 1lb!! In 4 days, wooop!!! :D

well done!

Hiya SS!!

Glad you liked the idea! It saves syns and expense if you make it yourself, it's one of my favourite "treats" (even though it's not!).

Let me know what you think about it :)

Enjoy!

OMG! It was fabulous :drool: My pal turned up so I also did a tray of roast veg to make it go further. A mad combination of flavours, but it really worked. Will be having it again tonight because I am a piggy and have leftover halloumi!

Hello!!

I am back after a weekend of birthday celebrations! Despite all good intentions I have pretty much been off plan on Friday & Saturday! I am back on plan today though and have asked Hubby to make me a SW meal for my actual birthday :)

Hope you have all had a good weekend

Here's our meal plans from today through to next Sunday:

Lunches:

Cous Cous
Quorn Fillet & Salad in Co-op Wholemeal pitta
Soup (If I can be bothered making it!)
Wholegrain Crackerbread and Sweet Chilli Philly

Teas:
Quorn Roast
Stuffed Giant Mushrooms and BNS Risotto
Quorn Burger in bun, SW wedges, cheese & beans
Mushy Pea Curry & Rice
SW Quiche and Parsnip chips
Quorn Sausages, SW chips & Curry sauce
Quorn Peppered Steaks, Giant stuffed Mushrooms & "fried" eggs
Baked Bean Lasagne

Let's see if we actually stick to it ;)

I'll take 50 syns off my leftover syns for Friday & Saturday off plan days!!

Sunday 9th January 2011 - Green Day

Breakfast: None

Lunch: Frozen Quorn Curry & Rice (5 syns)

Tea: Roast (Quorn Fillets, Roast Potatoes, Carrot & Swede Mash, Honey Roast Parsnips (2 syns for Honey), Broccoli, Cauliflower, 2 tsp Bisto Red Salt (2 syns), 2 Yorkshires (5 syns)

HEA: (250ml SS Milk)

HEB: 2 Alpen Light Bars

Superfree Food: Carrot, Swede Parsnips, Broccoli, Cauliflower

Syns: Frozen Quorn Curry & Rice (5 syns)
Honey (2 syns)
2 tsp Bisto Red Salt (2 syns)
2 Yorkshires (5 syns)
Total: 14 syns

Remaining Syns: 41/105 syns

I have officially left my twenties and am now a Flirty Thirty!! :p

Monday 10th January 2011 - Green Day

Breakfast: 2 Pieces WW Brown Bread (HEB) with 2 LCL Triangles (1/2 HEA) and Vegemite

Lunch: 6 Wholegrain Crackerbreads (HEB) with 28g Philadelphia Sweet Chilli (2 syns), Sugarsnap Peas, 2 Clementines

Birthday Tea:

Starter: Stuffed Giant Mushrooms (Mushrooms, Onions, Garlic, 42g Mozzarella (HEA))

Main: BNS Risotto (BNS, Onions, Garlic, Stock)

Dessert: Slice of Birthday Cake (10 syns)

HEA: (125ml SS Milk/2 LCL Triangles), 42g Mozzarella

HEB: 2 Pieces WW Brown Bread, 6 Wholegrain Crackerbread

Superfree Food: Sugarsnap Peas, Clementines, Mushrooms, Onions, Garlic, Butternut Squash

Syns: 28g Philadelphia Sweet Chilli (2 syns)
Slice of Birthday Cake (10 syns)
Total: 12 syns

Remaining Syns: 29/105 syns

Not too well today, came home from work at midday due to being achy, sore throat, headache etc. I think I am getting a cold :( I went to bed at 1pm and woke up at 5.20pm so I obviously needed it :(

I'm going to go to bed in a minute and see if I can sleep this off so I can go back into work tomorrow.

Tuesday 11th January 2011 - Green Day

Breakfast: 2 Pieces WW Brown Bread (HEB) with 2 LCL Triangles (1/2 HEA) and Vegemite

Lunch: Sugarsnap Peas, Birthday cake (10 syns)

Tea: 1 Quorn Chilli Burger (3 syns) with 42g Mozzarella (HEA), Potato Wedges, Wholemeal Bun (HEB) and 1 tbsp Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce (1.5 syns)

Drinks: NAS Squash and water, Diet Coke

HEA: (125ml SS Milk/2 LCL Triangles), 42g Mozzarella

HEB: 2 Pieces WW Brown Bread, Wholemeal Bun

Superfree Food: Sugarsnap Peas, Onion

Syns: Quorn Chilli Burger (3 syns)
1 tbsp Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce (1.5 syns)
Slice of Birthday Cake (10 syns)
Total: 14.5 syns

Remaining Syns: 14.5/105 syns

Really worried about the floods in Brisbane, all of my In-Laws live there and although they live far enough out of Brisbane City Centre not to be directly affected by the floods it is still really scary. I just hope they all stay safe.

Wednesday 12th January 2011 - Green Day

Lunch: 6 Wholegrain Crackerbreads (HEB), 28g Philly Light Sweet Chilli (2 syns), Sugarsnap Peas, Cherry Tomatoes, 2 Babybel

Tea: Mushy Pea Curry (Quorn Sausages sliced, Mushrooms, Onions, Garlic, Mushy Peas, Curry powder) & Rice with a Pitta Bread (6 syns)

Snacks: 4 Clementines, 2 Bananas, Activia FF Yoghurt

Drinks: 2ltr NAS Squash and water, Diet Coke, Tea (1/2 HEA for SS milk)

HEA: (125ml SS Milk/2 LCL Triangles), 2 Babybel

HEB: 2 Pieces WW Brown Bread, 6 Wholegrain Crackerbread

Superfree Food: Sugarsnap Peas, Onion, Garlic, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Bananas, Clementines

Syns: 28g Philly Light Sweet Chilli (2 syns)
1 Alpen Light Bar (3 syns)
Pitta Bread (6 syns)
Total: 11 syns

Remaining Syns: 3.5/105 syns

Last edited:
Had a phonecall from MIL in Brisbane and they are all safe, they are quite far away from the floods. Hubby's Auntie's house has flooded though as the gutters couldn't take all of the rain so it ran into the house, eeek.

At least they're all well away from main Brisbane but I feel so sorry for those affected.

I am now off to try some sleep music in a bid to be able to have a full nights deep sleep!!

Goodnight! x

Here's our meal plans from today through to next Sunday:

Lunches:

Cous Cous
Quorn Fillet & Salad in Co-op Wholemeal pitta
Soup (If I can be bothered making it!)
Wholegrain Crackerbread and Sweet Chilli Philly

Teas:
Quorn Roast
Stuffed Giant Mushrooms and BNS Risotto
Quorn Burger in bun, SW wedges, cheese & beans
Mushy Pea Curry & Rice
SW Quiche and Parsnip chips
Quorn Sausages, SW chips & Curry sauce
Quorn Peppered Steaks, Giant stuffed Mushrooms & "fried" eggs
Baked Bean Lasagne

Let's see if we actually stick to it ;)

yum yum and yum!!! What do you add to your cous cous? or do you just buy one of the flavoured ones?

Back