Sarah83's Food Diary 2014

I will have to take my little one with me when it's near bottle time. That will be like a ticking time bomb lol. That's good then, I need to get some of that, i'll add that to my list for shopping. Going to do it online this week, then I wont be tempted to pick up anything else. xx

would you mind posting the recipe you used for the the roulade when you get a chance please :) x Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hopefully this will work, I've copied it from a very very long thread on the recipes page, I didn't add options so it was only half a syn:

" I found this on the puddings section on Friday, made it & it was GORGEOUS so I thought I would bump it to here - I can't find the original thread. I actually added a choc options sachet to the mixture to make a chocolate roulade but it was still only 2.5 for the whole cake (which is massive by the way)

Originally Posted by Mindy
FRUIT ROULADE - 0.5 SYN FOR THE WHOLE CAKE

a lady from my group made this roulade and fetched it in it was gorgeous.

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
4 TBSP SWEETNER (I ADDED LOT MORE LOL)
VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY)
FRESH FRUIT

SEPERATE THE EGGS

ADD THE YOLK, HALF THE QUARK,
BAKING POWDER, SWEETNER AND ESSENCE INTO A BOWL, WHISK TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE.

WHISK EGG WHITE TILL STIFF. WHISK HALF INTO THE MIXTURE THEN FOLD IN OTHER HALF.

USING A SWISS ROLL TIN SPRAY WITH FRY LIGHT ( I PUT GREASPROOF PAPER IN FIRST THE SPRAY SO DOESNT STICK) POUR THE MIXTURE IN AND BAKE AT
180 FOR 15 - 20 MINUTES. LEAVE TO COOL

IN A DISH ADD REMAINING QUARK ,SWEETNER, AND ESSENCE AND MIX TOGETHER.

REMOVE THE CAKE FROM TIN WHEN COOL SPREAD THE QUARK EVENLY, ADD FINELY CHOPPED FRUIT (STRAWBERRY AND BANANA MY FAVE). ROLL THE CAKE FROM ONE END. SLICE TO SERVE.

THE WHOLE CAKE IS ONLY HALF A SYN AND THATS THE BAKING POWDER. CAN ALSO ADD CHOC OPTIONS SACHET FOR FLAVOURING. WHEN THE CAKE COMES OUT OF THE OVEN IT WILL HAVE RISEN LOADS BUT WILL GO VERY FLAT WHEN COOL LOL I THOUGHT IT HAD GONE WRONG FIRST TIME I MADE IT BUT WAS LOVELY.

ENJOY"

The thread us called '1/2 syn roulade' if you want to read all the posts and variations, sorry I don't know how to include a link on the app

I will have to take my little one with me when it's near bottle time. That will be like a ticking time bomb lol. That's good then, I need to get some of that, i'll add that to my list for shopping. Going to do it online this week, then I wont be tempted to pick up anything else. xx

I love online shopping I went through a stage of doing it for all my shops, particularly as my little miss really doesn't like shopping, plus I don't drive or trust my hubby to do it on his own! But we've gone back to shopping in aldi as it's so much cheaper! We just tend to go literally as soon as the doors open Saturday or Sunday so it's quiet and we can get round quickly. I did a price comparison between our shopping we did on Sunday - we paid £43 in aldi and the equivalent in tesco was £61. Can't go wrong with that!

I just wish I could do an online shop for aldi!!

I love online shopping I went through a stage of doing it for all my shops, particularly as my little miss really doesn't like shopping, plus I don't drive or trust my hubby to do it on his own! But we've gone back to shopping in aldi as it's so much cheaper! We just tend to go literally as soon as the doors open Saturday or Sunday so it's quiet and we can get round quickly. I did a price comparison between our shopping we did on Sunday - we paid £43 in aldi and the equivalent in tesco was £61. Can't go wrong with that!

I just wish I could do an online shop for aldi!!

I don't drive either. I really need to learn, my mum and dad have done me a voucher for some driving lessons for Xmas. I'm trying to save what I can so I can book a block of them. He has a bike, so no room for him to get the shopping.

I really need to try Aldi, I have heard so many good things about it. I might go and try it this week or next. That's great saving, deffo worth a try. There meat and veg deals are quite good. I've seen other posts on here about what their offers are.

I love online shopping, I did a shop at Asda, as I had a £5 voucher off to use click and collect. My mum went to pick it up, she came back, and we ended up being better off. We got £14 worth free. As they didn't have the items I ordered. Bonus! :) xx

I love it when that happens, tesco tended to do that to me a lot - substituting cheap brand stuff for more expensive!
You should definitely try aldi, they have a 'super 6' each week where everything is 39p. This week it's little gem lettuces, spring onions, pack of 4 garlic, cucumbers and cabbages. Bargain!
They also have some great offers on baby stuff sometime, in fact I think there's a baby event coming up. I've had nice sippy cups, cutlery, towels, plates etc from there. Their nappies are pretty good too xx

I love it when that happens, tesco tended to do that to me a lot - substituting cheap brand stuff for more expensive!
You should definitely try aldi, they have a 'super 6' each week where everything is 39p. This week it's little gem lettuces, spring onions, pack of 4 garlic, cucumbers and cabbages. Bargain!
They also have some great offers on baby stuff sometime, in fact I think there's a baby event coming up. I've had nice sippy cups, cutlery, towels, plates etc from there. Their nappies are pretty good too xx

Yeah me too, I get so excited when they say substitutes. The other week we got a £6.50 chicken for £3, 10 packs of French fries extra free. I was happy.

That's really goo, so going to try. :)

Yeah I thought the nappies were good, I had some in the bounty packs to try. At the moment were using nappies that we stocked on before she was born. We got lots of Amazon pamper for half price. Nearly running out though so need to buy some more.

xx

Hi,

I hope you don't mind, I've come to follow your fab diary :)

I love the pictures and your recipes are great I will definitely have to make the roulade when I get myself started!

Definitely here and watching!

Ruth
xx

Hi, I hope you don't mind, I've come to follow your fab diary :) I love the pictures and your recipes are great I will definitely have to make the roulade when I get myself started! Definitely here and watching! Ruth xx

Thank you Ruth, good to see you!
Here's to another 100% day for us all!

Wednesday 8th January - EE Breakfast: Grapes and berries with FF yoghurt

Lunch: Pasta and loadsa veggies (same as yesterday)

Dinner: Pork Steak, Hasselback potatoes, mangetout, babycorn and carrots and creamy garlic mushrooms with light philly (half HEXA)

Snacks: Milk for coffees (half HEXA), Benefit light bars (HEXB), apple, pear, banana, posh choc from box of chocs - 4 syns??

Total syns: 4

Last edited:
Just having a think about next weeks meals and the weekend shopping list (sad I know, it's only Wednesday!!!), and I'm looking to majorly eat through the freezer next week as I've got loads of meat in there which I picked up reduced.
Anyway I've got 2 pork tenderloins and I really fancied doing something in the slowcooker with them, so I did a bit of googling and came across this recipe which frankly looks amazing! Only a few syns for honey (will have to work it out). Can't wait, this is our Sunday dinner:

Balsamic Pork Tenderloin Recipe - Cooking | Add a Pinch | Robyn Stone

Pork tenderloin sounds lovely, let us know how it was

Pork tenderloin sounds lovely, let us know how it was

I know I can't wait, I want to make it today lol!! I never tend to get on with American recipes most of the time, but this one looks lovely and so SW friendly too. yumyum

Tonight's dinner

Attachments

• image-693446156.jpg
    image-693446156.jpg
    559.8 KB · Views: 95
Come on 100% day #4!! Thursday 9th January - EE

Breakfast:
Grapes, mixed berries and FF yoghurt

Lunch: Jacket potatoes with a tuna topping (tuna, FF cottage cheese, Greek yog, capers, peppers & spring onion)

Dinner: Slow cooker chicken curry (1 syn) with rice.

Snacks: Milk in coffees (HEXA), Benefit light bars (HEXB), banana, pear, cucumber sticks

Total Syns: 1

Last edited:
Hey, Hope you have had a good day. I've never made a curry in the slow cooker. Well done on being 100% for 4 days. Yay! xx

Back