Sexy Size 12 - You will be mine!!!

Thanks a lot Bev, my losses are very slow and steady at the moment... but as you say, they are losses at least. xx Well done on your weight loss so far.

Still feeling full of cold but want to get moving a bit more today... I do to need to tone up and lose weight.

The plan today is:
B/fast - shake
Lunch - soup
Tea - Meat and salad or meat and veg
snks - water, coffee, herb teas, almonds

walk: 1 hour, dance: 1 hour

Sounds like a plan..... Keep chipping away at those pounds and you'll get there. And most importantly, you're learning the best way to keep it off, for you :) x

Sorry for the lack of updates folks.

My 'lovely' boyfriend broke up with me by telephone on Boxing day; he found someone else whilst working away. I was absolutely gutted and for the next couple of months I was in a state of shock. In February he begged me to take him back but it was too late, I couldn't reconcile myself with the fact he had cheated and left me for someone else. I have too much pride in myself to be treated that badly. So I told him politely... to shrivel up and die.
I started feeling myself again in April but had spent a couple of months comfort eating, so I am back up to 14 stone HOWEVER I am now ready to kick the rest of this weight into touch. I am planning on combining a low carb/grain free diet with the odd protein shake as I don't want the constipation and hair loss that can come with a strict VLCD.

I shall use this diary as a reminder of what I can do... and a tool to help me achieve my final goal... lose that last 49lbs.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but breaking up with someone by

a/ Telephone
b/ on Boxing day

Is bl00dy bad form!! What an *$£?

And well done you for only going back up to 14. It would have been incredibly easy to hit a much higher number after that happening to you. Good luck on the diet - I think you've given yourself enough time to be in the right headspace and will nail it xx

Thank you Blondcat. :)

Yes he showed his true colours... fortunately before we got engaged. I did lose £250 on engagement party deposits (room & D.J etc) but it was £250 well spent to find out what a dreg he is.

I have had a choco mint shake today and a banana shake. Chicken and salad for tea and then out for an early evening dog walk. Day one has gone pretty well so far. xx

Very pleased to say after a quick hop on the scales this morning, I have lost 3 lb in my first day. I know your not meant to get weighed everyday as it's one of those dieting rules but I have lived in rulebooks for far too long. Rule books out of the window and I am going to live my life exactly how I see fit.

I have to see the ex today as he had our daughter overnight. I shall be polite for the sake of my little one but he still annoys the hell out of me. He keeps asking me if I have a new boyf yet... like it is any of his business!! Anyway... even though it is raining a touch I am taking little one to the park and then to feed the horses at a local field. We should be out for a couple of hours and will help keep my mind off food. My tummy is rumbling quite a bit today.... but I am feeling good. Day two, here I come

Have a lovely weekend everyone. xx

Last edited:
Feeling a bit stressed at the moment as my teenage son (who is on holiday in Turkey) has phoned me to say he has found out his long term girlfriend has been playing away and he wants to come home; could I get him a flight sorted today? After two hours of messing around on the internet, I have managed to secure him a flight. I am very upset for him, having been there myself.

However I will not allow this stress and worry for my son throw me for six and overeat. I must keep calm and in control of all situations.

xx

I have had two shakes so far and some natural yoghurt with a few nuts in for my tea. I am craving food as I am a wee bit stressed about my son but I shall dig deep. I have a bit of a headache at the moment; probably carb withdrawal starting to kick in.

I have taken little one for a good walk this afternoon; lots of fresh air and sunshine. I am looking forward to a hot bath and an early night tonight.... time for a peppermint tea.

Tummy rumbled a lot last night but I felt nice and light rather than heavy and bloated around the abdomen. I went to bed early to keep me out of the kitchen. I had a cooked a fresh chicken for today and I knew that my brain would keep saying 'it's okay just have a bit of chicken.... it's low carb.' So I took myself up to bed to watch Big Brother.
I am soooo pleased I did as when I got on the scales this morning I am down another 2lbs overnight to 13st 9. These VLCDs take a lot of willpower but are so worth it.

I should be okay today as I shall be busy tiding up. I have a friend coming and it's always a good excuse to give the house a bit of a blast.

Here comes day three... I am just planning on three shakes today, lots of water, coffee and peppermint tea. I must stay focused and strong!! Have a lovely Sunday everyone.

P.S My son has decided to stay on holiday at the moment as he is with his friends and it's probably the best place to be. He says he can't eat or sleep... I wish I could take the emotional pain for him :( ... he has never been heartbroken before.

Still headachey and lethargic.... arghhhhh!! I need some energy.
So far today I have had a banana shake for brekkie, chicken, salad and mayo for lunch, choc and mint shake for tea and if I am still hungry tonight banana iced milkshake. I have had about 2.5 litres of water and three coffees... I can't wait until bed time. xx

Day 4

My headache lifted yesterday after a couple of paracetamols... I also drank 3.5 litres of water through out the day so I am sure that helped too.
I didn't get weighed today but my stomach is looking visibly flatter.... and I feel quite bright and breezy today, ketosis hopefully.
Today's plan is - Mint choc hot shake, banana shake and bacon salad. Lots of coffee, herbal tea, water too.

It's lovely and sunny today, I am planning on a long walk with my little one and then a trip to the Fruit and Veg market for my salad stuff and little one some fruit. She is mad about raspberries and strawberries.
I am also planning on going through my wardrobe and putting all the size 18's to one side... hopefully in the next fortnight they will all be going in a charity bag.... roll on size 16 clothes and the 12 stone weight bracket. :D

Have a lovely day all. xx

Hi tesstoo :)
I'm here to subscribe to your food diary!
I was reading through from yet beggining and was shocked when I saw the news about your other half - what a loser he is , you deserve better than a coward like that.
Anyway , food is looking good :D x

Thank you :) Yes a loser indeed. Unfortunately we share a daughter so I still have to see him but I am well rid. Once a cheater always a cheater.

Yesterday I had a shake for breakfast and lunch and then baked chicken with chorizo and savoy cabbage and broad beans (from my garden.) And I had just started to feel energetic.... no headache etc. Yes, I think ketosis was truly here.... so what did I do last night whilst feeling fed up? A huge (and I mean huge) bowl of cornflakes with milk. I am cross with myself and I feel well and truly bloated today but I have got straight back on the wagon today and had two shakes, lots of water and I am having a prawn 3 egg omelette with salad for tea.

I shall keep myself as busy as possible this evening... boredom and stress are my two weight-loss enemies... so I must tackle them both logically and not dietetically.

This evening I shall get my sewing box out and start up-cycling a few items of a clothing and complete a few repairs. Sewing and munching do not mix.

Weigh day tomorrow but I shall be off-line as I am having new telephone wires installed. I shall update on Friday.... hopefully with a nice loss. I am hoping for 6lbs. Fingers crossed. Actually if I lose 7lbs this week... I am JUST over half way through my weight-loss. Yes I shall keep my fingers crossed for 7lbs instead lol.

Have a lovely evening all,

Tess x

Good luck Hun let us know how you get on :)
Well done for getting straight back on it today - it's so easy to just say screw it and carry on , so well done you! Xx

good luck Tess - you're doing so well! if you do 6lbs I will be sooooooo jealous!!! lol - took me a month to lose that ;-)
hahahahha

Thank you ladies. :) Your good wishes mean a lot. xx

Yesterday when I stepped on the scales I had lost 6lbs. Which I am very pleased with considering I had a cheat day. So onwards and upwards with week 2.
My goal this week is 3lbs. I would love to get under 13st 7.

My little one isn't sleeping very well at the moment, never has to be honest... and it is making me tired and feeling like I need to snack for energy. I know I'm not hungry as the low carb diet I am on has brought a mild ketosis but psychologically I have always dived on some warm and comfortable carbs when feeling tired and low. Now I am having to look for other ways to cope. So I am going to stay very busy today; mowing the lawn, walking to the shops and back, dog walk, clean bathroom, clean kitchen, attempt an exercise DVD etc

Tonight is Big Brother eviction night.... woo hoooo. Sad I know but I do like Big Brother... it's my guilty pleasure. :D

I have been on a few of dates with a really really nice guy and as much as I would like to be crazy about him.... I just can't be. I don't know if it is too soon after my last relationship (7 months) or we just don't really click but last night he told me he loved me. :( I know I am going to have to break up with him but it is going to be difficult and painful as he is such a nice person and I would hate to hurt him BUT I want to spend a few more months on my own. I really like the emotional freedom of being single and at the moment I just need an emotional rest iykwim. On reflection, I realise my last relationship was quite emotionally abusive (him to me) ... but that's another story... and time on my own is still required to heal. Getting physically healthy is part of the process too.

Have a great Friday all.... wherever you are and whatever you're doing. xx

Back