Share your *MENUS* please (Atkins and Low carb)

Re corned beef there are 2 types, one is corn beef and the other corned beef, not sure which is which to be honest but you cant really have the canned type of corned beef, that you would associate with spam just the joint of corned beef :)

Re corned beef there are 2 types, one is corn beef and the other corned beef, not sure which is which to be honest but you cant really have the canned type of corned beef, that you would associate with spam just the joint of corned beef :)

You need to read the can. As long as the carbs are low then you are fine.

Day 4

Still no movement on the scales. :sigh: Impatient? Me?

B: 1 egg, fried, 2 low carb sausages (3g) and 100g of courgette (2.3g)
L: 2 sticks celery (2.0g), with blue cheese amd cream dip (3.1g). Sugar free jelly.
D: 100g Romaine lettuce (1.2g) with left over chicken breast.

total: 11.6g carb

It's only me!

B: 2 Sausages (I'll be glad when they are finished. £5 for 3 packs, not flippin' likely again) 1 egg with a slice of butter (scrambled in micro) and 1/2 a can of green beans. Coffee with 1 tbsp double cream
L: 3 sticks celery, tuna mayo for spreading/dipping/filling
D: leftover chicken breast, re fried in some coconut oil with chillies/garlic and ginger. Spinach (100g) and 1/2 can green beans

B: 2 thai sausages, 100g mushrooms, 50g spinach
L: Tuna mayo, celery sticks
D: 250g Roast belly pork, 100g savoy cabbage with butter and pepper

Last edited:
Just bouncing on in here - how is everyone doing?? And has anyone tried making the cream cheese with sweetener as a dessert??? Tastes like cheesecake and very filling, ut you have to use the full fat cream cheese otherwise it's too high in carbs. :)

forgot to add I used up my green veggies with some mashed celeriac and fried to make bubble & squeak,

Hello ladies (experts!)

How would I go about making a creamy mushroom sauce to go with some steak? I'm on induction and read it somewhere in this thread and would love a go!

I used to fry off some sliced button mushrooms in butter with plenty of pepper (and I mean plenty)...then add some cream. Hey presto a quick and simple mushroom sauce.

Thanks Shaz, there's tomorrow's tea sorted!

I have a few questions i hope you're all still about to answer them and you dont mind helping me out.

I was thinking of making a chicken salad with some mayo and lettuce and was wondering if we can use any brand of mayo or is it best to go for the healthier verisons (also can you have mayo in induction??)

I also wanted to try some fish, brocolli and parsley sauce but i am not sure if the parsley sauce is ok for induction. I'll have to check the nutritional value on the pack but does anyone have any ideas how to make a yummy low carb version of parsely sauce suitable for induction (by the way i am not a very good cook).

Also, i like the idea of the tandoori chicken with salad (its my favourite) and have noticed it on a few posts in this thread but i'm abit confused to if its ok to have this when low carbing because i'm sure i read somwhere that the paste they use on it can contian carbs?? Am i right in thinking this or am i talking nonsense, lol.

I would appreciate your opinions and suggestions :)

Thank you.

Fab thread by the way, lots of yummy ideas :) xx

p.s Is it ok to take multivitamins when doing a low carb diet??

Last edited:
you can have any full fat mayo, you cant have any low fat versions, you could always marinate your own chicken with curry powder with creme fraiche, just a thought hun

sue x

you can have any full fat mayo, you cant have any low fat versions, you could always marinate your own chicken with curry powder with creme fraiche, just a thought hun

sue x

I thought i might have to have full fat mayo, its just wierd thinking it will help me lose weight :rolleyes:, lol.

I like the idea about the chicken, but i'm such an awful cook and would love to get it from the nearest take-away, lol. I might try it tho. I know my mum uses some tandoori paste on her roast chicken but i am sure its high in carbs.

xx :)

Can we have creme fraiche??!! I've been missing out LOL

full fat, if you not sure just check the label for carbs.

x

Thanks Sue, you just made this diest even easier lol

Hi, I have just started low carbing as a break from cd, and finding that if i do low fat/ low carb it works so much better for me. something i would never have done before as used to atkins fried lard meals in pas!! but is making me feel really well!! Am losing weight almost as fast as on cd too and dont feel so antisocial so i'm happy with it so far!

by the way, last night i made kebab skewers with peri peri seasoning and had it with salad leaves and extra low fat mayo it was superb! Have lots yogurt too, tend to have it for breakfast and sometimes for late night snack mmmmmmmmm

Back