Shrinki's Primal food diary

I think it was that link CG x

So today we picked some fresh redcurrants in our garden. We also have apricots and plums but they are not ripe yet. I hope they don't all get stolen like last year when we went away...

image-719616145.jpg

En-route to the Dordogne. 3hrs in and 3hrs30 to go (today). Very bad planning on the food front! I had blueberries and Greek yogurt for breakfast and then forgot lunch.. We left home at 3pm so I quickly ate half an avocado and a chunk of cheddar. I'm hungry!!! I will definitely eat more protein for breakfast before setting off tomorrow.

Anyway, we will stop for dinner as soon as we cross in to France (we are near Geneva at the mo).

Your food diary looks so yummy! Thanks for the ideas - I've only started today but your diary has helped me with ideas for the rest of the week! :)

It's been quite a week. My Dad had a stroke during our holiday in France (first day) and was in hospital for most of the week. He is doing OK and is back at home now (as am I).

I stuck to Primal completely in France despite the rest of the family eating fresh baguettes and pan au chocolat (insert halo pic!).

Food today:

B - coffee with dash cream
L - baked avocado with eggs, sprinkle of cheddar and served with bacon and cherry tomatoes

image-1106652269.jpg

image-3582367936.jpg

Method
Cut avocado in half and remove stone. Scoop a little of the flesh to make room for egg.
Break egg in to a cup - place yolk in avocado and then add a little white.
Sprinkle some cheddar on top
Repeat with other half.

Bake in 180'C oven for 20 mins.
Fry some bacon and cherry tomatoes and voila!

Sorry to hear about your Dad hope he get well soon.

Great that you stuck to primal and resisted the "pastries" and breads !! The avocado looks interesting ... I like mine with large squish of lemon and P&S .. With bacon and tomatoes :)

Sorry to hear about your Dad hope he get well soon. Great that you stuck to primal and resisted the "pastries" and breads !! The avocado looks interesting ... I like mine with large squish of lemon and P&S .. With bacon and tomatoes :)
Thanks xxx

Dinner was home made burger with onion and thyme, pattypan garlic and basil followed by raspberries and cream :-D

Hi Libby! How are you doing? Nice to see you here. X

Yum, your dinner sounded nice tonight! So far so good! I lost 7lbs in my first week so I'm very happy with that. I honestly don't know how you managed to resist fresh baguettes and pan au chocolat, I'm off to Lille at the beginning of August and am so worried I will be tempted.

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, I'm glad he is doing ok. I think your amazing being able to stick to Primal whilst you had everything else going on

Hi Libby

I think you have two ways to look at it:

1) sod the diet - look at all these breads, croissant, pastries! I'm on holiday! I can eat what I want and will deal with any consequences later (assuming I can climb back on track)

Or

2).sure, the baguettes etc. look good but when I can eat butter, oil, cheese, meats etc. without guilt and have the occasional portion of chips on holiday and maintain or even lose weight and feel in control and feed my body the most nutritious foods...

I chose option two and am very glad I did!! You can do it too!

X

WI - lost a pound :)
Nice to lose weight even when on hols!

This morning I walked around town after dropping kids off at holiday club then did 20 minute kettlebell workout.

Brunch was yummy!!

image-2247939298.jpg

Spicy tomato and basil soup crumbled burger and grated cheese. I got the idea from Marks Daily Apple but used a leftover home made burger instead of meatballs.

It looks a bit like pelotas.
That's a dish here in Spain that is one massive round pork meatball/burger, which is served in a saffron & chicken broth.
Sometimes they put veg in it as well - it's amazing!

Yours looks pretty good as well.

It looks a bit like pelotas. That's a dish here in Spain that is one massive round pork meatball/burger, which is served in a saffron & chicken broth. Sometimes they put veg in it as well - it's amazing! Yours looks pretty good as well.
Ohhh - will check out the recipe for Pelotas - thanks x

Well done on losing weight on hols - that's a fab achievement! Paleo looks fascinating...and your food sounds yummy!

Ohhh - will check out the recipe for Pelotas - thanks x

I've never actually made them - I just buy them in the supermarket!
I'm struggling finding a recipe - if you just key in pelotas then it takes you to a city in Brazil!

I've found this though - reLIAble eats: Cocido con Pelotas
where there is a recipe for cocido but not for the pelotas.
They don't have to be wrapped in anything - the ones we buy are just big fat meatballs made from cheap cuts of pork.

I've found one that uses lamb. No way!
But I have finally found this one and it looks about right to me - scroll down it's buried in the middle of an article about Murcia (where we live)
Pelotas Murcianas
Only problem is you probably wont be able to get the Spanish sausages to go in it.
You could probably use any good white sausage though.

Here's an article from our local free rag about pelotas
More than just meatballs - CoastRider

Thanks Bev! That's fab! You'll never guess what - but hubby is flying to Spain tomorrow so could buy the sausages :-D

Congrats on the weight loss on holiday! I'm really going to try with option 2 and stick with my diet!! I will use you as my inspiration whilst I am away :)

Back