Shrinki's Primal food diary

First smoothie since going primal and it was amazing!!!

2 small chopped and frozen bananas
Small handful blackberries
Small handful blueberries
Good glug coconut milk
3 desert spoons natural yog
Water

Whizz together. Yum! I need to get some more protein powder for next time.

Sounds lush x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

How do you make that ? Sounds lovely and I've got some courgettes need eating :)

Fry an onion in olive oil. Add to soup maker. Add 2 medium chopped courgettes (no need to cook). Chicken stock to cover veg. Voila!

If no soup maker, fry the onion in a saucepan, add chopped courgettes and chicken stock. Cook for approx 30 mins and then blend.

I added lots of black pepper when cooking and then on the first day, I topped with grated cheddar and crispy bacon.

Today I added crumbled blue cheese.

Both variations were lovely :)

Fry an onion in olive oil. Add to soup maker. Add 2 medium chopped courgettes (no need to cook). Chicken stock to cover veg. Voila!

If no soup maker, fry the onion in a saucepan, add chopped courgettes and chicken stock. Cook for approx 30 mins and then blend.

I added lots of black pepper when cooking and then on the first day, I topped with grated cheddar and crispy bacon.

Perfect thank you will try that tomorrow xx

I am at the airport waiting for a flight to England. I managed to find something suitable to eat :)

image-2505047321.jpg

Oh wow that looks delicious :)

Sukie Sue - my recipe is almost identical, but as I'm still doing SW can't have bacon or cheese in it.
So what I do after the blending is add some shredded cabbage and small cubed carrot and only cook for 2 or 3 minutes more.
It gives you something nice to crunch on!

I also do exactly the same recipe using mixed brocolli and courgette - or mixed brocolli and cauliflour.
Both equally good!

Thanks pomette xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi, back from hols and ready to start posting again :)

Not feeling 100% today so skipped breakfast and had a coconut water instead.

For lunch I will have scrambled eggs and balsamic tomatoes fried in coconut oil.

Dinner - I will try out my new spiraler and make courgette noodles and a sauce.

Dinner last night: Italian style baked chicken with mozzarella image-1451838077.jpg image-4125900175.jpg Breakfast Tomato, onion and feta omelette (chopped basil and mint mixed with egg as per Nigella). image-991730843.jpg I've decided to go Paleo rather than primal in September. Mainly to reduce my future dairy intake.

Feeling bleurgh with a chest infection/asthma :-(

No appetite this morning so just had black coffee. I decided to get maximum nutrients in for lunch so made an apple/orange/spinach/cucumber/carrot juice.

I think hubby is making roast chicken for dinner so I will pop to the farm shop and pick up some nice fresh veg.

I will avoid dairy for a few days until my chest feels a bit better which will be good practice for my whole 30 in September.

Hope the chest feels better soon Jane. ((( BIG HUGS ))) coming your way.

Good luck with Whole30 - there is absolutely NO way I could do that.

Morning!

Thanks for the get well wishes Bev x. They seemed to work as I gave in and took the symbicort and got almost instant relief!! I feel so much better now. The asthma consultant is sending a prescription for Alvesco to my chemist which I can collect later - this new one shouldn't cause cramps.

So all in all, a better start to the week. I'm just on my way in to town to meet one of my friends for a coffee and then will take it easy before the kids (and their Kung fu friend) come round after school.

Jx

I read on your FB I think that you'd given in to the meds.
I hate taking pills and potions and only do so when I'm desperate.
Sounds as though you were though - and so glad it has worked and you are now feeling somewhat better

I'm the same as you Bev! I don't even like taking paracetamol! I have already asked when I can start reducing and then removing the inhaler! I need to take it for a month and then can reduce and see how I am. I feel so much better now - amazing difference. Unless if it's dust that caused the flare up, it seems I am allergic to something else this time of year. I may go and have more tests to try and figure out what it is!! X

Back