Shrinki's Primal food diary

Dust is certainly the trigger for my hay fever - so this could be an issue for you too.

TIRED!!!! BloOdy inhaler keeps me awake!! I will pick the other prescription up later.

I'm having breakfast as need some energy for my German lesson and may very well have a snooze when I get home so not have lunch!!!

B - baked avocado with eggs.
L - not sure.
D - BNS with feta and pesto
Veggie day today!

((( Big Hugs ))) chica. Lets hope the new meds aren't so bad - but it sounds as though you've got to wean yourself off the inhaler first.

I have stuck to my food plan that I made on Sunday - it's been nice being organised and having all the ingredients in stock!

image-1797359958.jpg

However, I have gone a bit off track in the evenings the last few days (wine, toast, shortbread!!). There's a couple of possible reasons:

1. TOM arrived this morning... I usually feel hungrier for a few days before
2. I am sabotaging ahead of my planned whole 30 in September...

Having thought about it, I think the whole 30 may be a bit drastic for me! I have been doing well on primal except for eating a bit too much dairy... I am going to take it one week at a time so the first week, I will do strict Paleo (no dairy and no wine!) and see how I get on before deciding on the next week. I want September to be a good one so I am not copping out but I don't want to feel deprived and it all go out the window either!!

Jane, Whole30 is tough. And if I'm honest I find it a bit "faddy" and I don't like faddy diets.
I can see the poit of paleo and primal but not whole 30.
I'd just stick with primal and maybe cut down on the dairy.
If you actually think about it, cavemen probably wouldn't have had cow's milk, but I bet they had milk from goats - or even buffalo!

Thanks Bev and Mary

The main problem with me is this 'all or nothing' attitude.. This is why I've been dieting for so many years - I have been either on or completely off the diet wagon!!

I have found primal really suits me. I have broken my scale addiction (I still haven't weighed at all!!!). I don't want to rock the boat and put myself off so will take both your advice and stick to primal but cut down on dairy.

Incidentally, I can buy raw milk and cheese here from the local farm. I haven't had any milk since going primal so haven't bothered buying it. Apparently it's delicious!

It helps with allergies and asthma?!! I hadn't heard that. I have been suffering with allergies and asthma over the past few years (I had a flare up just last week). I thought dairy was bad for asthma? I will have to look in to this. Thanks for letting me know.

Morning!

So this is my week of watching the dairy! My plan is to go dairy free just for six days as I've been relying on it too much. We have friends coming over on Sunday so I will probably have some then (and some prosecco!) but Monday-Saturday I am taking a cheese and wine holiday!

I have a Paleo food delivery coming later which will cover three meals and am just finishing off my food plan which I will post later.

Jx

Lunch was Spanish style baked eggs and mushrooms. No dairy! Yay!

View attachment 151985
Well done you on no dairy - I hardly eat any dairy products at all now - apart from milk in my tea.
And I deffo could not survive without my tea every morning. :8855:
Having said I hardly eat dairy, I had cheese & onion toastie last night and it was delish!

You're making me want that now! Not done Huevos a la Flamenca for ages.
May have one day this week for supper! Just need to get some chorizo from somewhere, as that's the only thing I haven't got in!

Food plan for this week (I don't bother listing breakfasts and lunches each day as just see what I fancy on the day).

image-1001446307.jpg

Paleo delivery arrived:

image-3973936382.jpg

image-3151839717.jpg

image-3614371393.jpg

And first meal made - it was lush!!! My cheese obsessed mind thought about how well some goats cheese would go with it but not this week...

image-2681655795.jpg

Wow that looks amazing ! Mm mm :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Had a really bad day Foodwise yesterday....
I had soup with bread for lunch and then a sandwich for dinner :eek:
typical self sabotage behaviour as I cut out dairy and wasn't enjoying it......

I'm just going to return back to Primal and just been mindful of the dairy... If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Had a really bad day Foodwise yesterday....
I had soup with bread for lunch and then a sandwich for dinner :eek:
typical self sabotage behaviour as I cut out dairy and wasn't enjoying it......

I'm just going to return back to Primal and just been mindful of the dairy... If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Ab-so-blumin-lutely. It was working, and you were losing weight, so just stick with it.

The weekend was more 20:80 than 80:20 Primal!

Anyway, this is another week. I had another Paleo delivery last night.

Dinner last night was stuffed pepper with sprinkling of cheddar and avocado served with salad.

image-3680132153.jpg

I have half a pepper left for lunch which I will have with a sweet potato and salad.

Food plan for the week:

image-2456159281.jpg

Hubby and I are having a booze holiday so that will probably help with the weight loss. I still haven't weighed myself but will measure again in a few weeks. My clothes are definitely looser.

I need to go and check out the gym in town as can upgrade my existing membership (which I haven't used for ten months :eek:) and use that one too. There are many more classes there and a pool. I am thinking of starting with aquafit classes and then will book a session to learn how to use the circuit equipment which takes 17 minutes to complete. I know as soon as I can push myself to go there, I will get back in the groove. I can also still use my existing gym so can meet my friends that are members there.

I also plan to keep walking as I like the fresh air and company (I will probably be going to the gym on my own).

Back