Sibbi’s low carb diary

Sibbi

Hi!

I’ve lost weight successfully on Dukan about 10 years ago, maintained for a few years and then gradually increased. I was on here a few times in those years restarting but never managed to stick with it. This time I am determined!

I have 2 stone to loose.

I have a wedding in 4 weeks and my aim is to be very strict between now and then and start with some quick losses. This will also help my motivation.

Then in the run up to Christmas would like to loose avg 1lb a week which should be do-able.

My relationship with food is OK. My challenges are that I eat out a lot, I drink too much and do little exercise.

So my fist 30 days:
- no wine
- no bread / pasta etc
- no processed foods (eating out will stick to fish / meat / salads / veg and no sauces or dressings).
- at least 30 mins exercise a day.

I thought a lot about going back to Dukan but really do not like the PP days- I will use some of what I learnt on Dukan but feel happier if I have veg or salad every day. I will reassess as I go if needed.

Will aim to come on here most days to help keep me honest. I know the next 30 days will be tough but I feel optimistic and glad I am doing something (other than feeling sorry for myself that I am fat and most of my clothes don’t fit!

Hi Sibbi. Just to wish you good luck. There's a new keto/low carb forum here - so cons over and say hi. Some of us are also skipping breakfast so there an intermittent fasting thread there too.

Good luck!

Hi Sibbi. Just to wish you good luck. There's a new keto/low carb forum here - so cons over and say hi. Some of us are also skipping breakfast so there an intermittent fasting thread there too.

Good luck!
Thank you! I will check out those threads.

DAY 1/30

Starting weight 10st 4lbs - I have not weighed myself for a while but this was more or less what I expected.

Plan for today:
B- coffee with milk
L- dukan pancake topped with a fried egg
D - roast chicken and veg (cauliflower, broccoli)

Day 2/30
Sill 10 4

Yesterday was not great but could have been worse- I stuck to what I had planned to eat but also had some left over steak as a snack in the afternoon and some wine gums and a large glass of white wine in the evening. I did walk to/from shops instead of taking the bus (30 mins each way).

Today plan is
B- 2 coffees with milk
L- chicken and green beans
D- salmon and brocolli
S- (only if I feel hungry) Dukan panckake

I have already walked to work instead of taking the bus (20 mins) so a good start. Other priorities for today- drink more water, stay away from wine, find my Fitbit so that I can track steps.

Have a good day everyone

Day 3/30
Still 10 4

No surprises there, I failed miserably at sticking to plan. B and L were on plan. I was hungry in tha afternoon so had 2 boiled eggs instead of the pancake. BUT got home later than planned and DH sugested take away and I was not able to say no. I just ordered a chicken tikka starter (delicious and reasonably healthy) but then I also picked at DH’s left overs (okra, rice, naan) although I wasn’t even hungry. AND I had 2 glasss of wine. Not good!

I did walk home from work yesterday and to work this morning. Have also located my fit bit but now need to find the charger and charge it. My target is at least 10,000 steps on a work day and 20,000 on days I am not in work. I know I am doing OK on that so far even if I have not been tracking.

Today’s plan
B- 2 coffee with milk
L- chicken and salad
D- salmon and broccoli (that was not eaten yesterday)
S- Dukan pancake

Will also be drinking black coffee and loads of water.

Day 4/30
10 3 (yay!)

Food was good yesterday - exactly as planned except no snack and addition of cous cous (about 1/3 of an AH pack) with dinner. I did also have 2 glasses of wine. This is a bad habit that I really need to change. I am away from home next 2 nights and that should make it easier. I think seeing the empty calories mount up when I start using MFP will be a big motivator.

Plan for today
B- 3 coffee with milk, a few handfuls of fruit & fibre (I don’t usually have breakfast but was hungry this morning)
L- out, I am not in control so will have to see
D- chicken and salad

Day 5/30
Early start, no WI

Yesterday as planned. It was a sandwich lunch. I had 3 (quarters)- 1 wrap with spicy chicken, 1 wrap with falafel and 1 crusty roll with beef. I also had a bag of vegetable crisps. Given the options I am happy with what I chose but next time will stop at the sandwiches and leave the chrisps. I had a pear in the afternoon and then chicken and a bit of salad in the evening. And no wine!

I am away from home for the next 2 days. Meals will all be in hotels / restaurants but I will be in control of what I order.

B- maybe nothing, but I have 2 hard boiled eggs with me in case I am hungry. Either later this morning or for a snack
L - fish and veg
D - salad or meat and veg

I will have a very long day today but I feel positive that I will make good choices

Day 6/30
No WI

All good yesterday. I had an egg for breakfast- fish and Mediterranean vegetables for lunch and a low carb salmon poke bowl (salmon, cabbage, lettuce, carrots, courgette, avocado, edamame, egg) in the evening. 2 ‘treats’ - a small slice of sourdough bread with lunch and a butter biscuit after dinner - unnecessary (I just had them because they were there) but they really were small. No wine.

Today
B- an omelette with mushrooms and peppers
L- out, similar to yesterday, TBC
D- our, similar to yesterday, TBC

Day 7/30
No WI

Yesterday was completely off plan. I had an omelette with peppers and mushrooms for breakfast. Had salad and turkey Buddha bowl lunch BUT I had a glass of wine and then was ‘bullied’ into having dessert and had a chocolate cake (delicious BTW) . Things ran late in the afternoon so we ended up in a rush to the airport. My colleagues had Burger King in the airport but I resisted but turned out to be a bad decision- cos I ended up having nothing then had a glass on wine and chrisps on the flight. Was starving by he time I got home and there was left over Chinese food in the fridge- I had duck pancakes, crispy beef and prawn crackers! The only upside is that I am not hungry today so have not had breakfast and will probably skip lunch. Out again tonight for dinner but after tonight no other restaurant meals for 2 weeks so will I hope be able to get into a better routine/plan

I had burgers no bun the other day when I was on the road. The serving staff no longer think you are mad - so there must be more of us about than we think.

@tipperary has set up a September challenge on the keto forum here- if you want to join us there.

Day 8/30
No WI

Not great but not terrible. I only had one meal- hummus and carrot sticks, pulled chicken croquettes and pork saltimboca (2 pork steaks wrapped in bacon served with sage, spicy tomato sauce and broccoli). I did however have a gin and tonic, a glas of white wine and 2 glasses of red wine. Looking back over my diary for the week I think my food was OK (especially considering I had 3 hotel nights and 3 days of restaurant lunch/ dinner) bigger problem is wine- that’s going to be my focus for this week.

Plan for today:
Brunch- 1 sausage, 1 egg, grilled haloumi
D- steak, salad or veg

Day 9/30
10 3

Yesterday I probably did not eat enough but was not that hungry. Had brunch and the in the evening chicken and salad. And I did have wine- very frustrated with myself- was after dinner watching TV before bed. I have a very strong link between a glass of wine and relaxing/ need to break it.

Plan for today
B - 2 coffee with milk
L - chicken with salad
D - steak and med veg

Back