Sick Of Wasting My 20's..Last Ditch Effort

WID tomorrow and...I'm actually really excited. For the first time in a long time I'm sticking to a plan and not feeling deprived. Actually, I'm eating more food and it tastes better than the crap I usually lived on. I had terrible eating habits, starve myself all day then come home from work, around 9pm, and eat as much as I could of instant food and that's if I didn't stop for McDonalds on the way home. I'm hoping my bank balance will be better to cos I shan't be having shares in half of Devon's take away places. I know I'm only 6 days in, so still very much a newbie, but definitely feeling positive and ready to give it a good hard go. Yesterday was the Jock & I's first day off together since I started. Usually, we'd go on a day trip, have lunch, a few drinks....do a bit of something else then have an evening drinking wine and eating crisps, dips, cheese etc in front of a film on the sofa. I was determined that I wasn't going to wobble. On past diets, I'd be too extreme so wouldn't want to go out and have temptation and would end up staying at home. But, this isn't a diet as much now, more a new healthy, NORMAL, way of living. So, we still went out. It ended up being lovely and I still 100% food optimised. Before we left I had a cooked breakfast, on a Green day, which included Linda McCartney sausages (4 syns), poached eggs (free), beans (free) and 2 slices of whole meal bread (HEB). Whilst we were out we met friends and spent a large amount of time in the pub by the log fire. Everyone was on Cider and wine, which was slightly tempting but I stuck to diet coke and pots of earl grey and still had fun. In the evening The Jock even tucked into a KFC bucket in front of me but I had mushy peas (free), vinegar (free) and 2 x fish fingers (5 syns) which actually felt like a treat seen as I'm on a diet. Now that's determination :) ha. Anyway, must dash I'm blathering on but meant to be getting ready for work. Hope it's all going well for everyone x

Last edited:
Well done. Sounds like a great week, good luck for WI tomorrow :)

Just popping in to subscribe and wish you luck!

Wow talk about will power well done you! It's the positive mind frame which helps I think.

Morning everyone, Ok so first WI this morning and I've lost..... 7 & 1/2 lbs , completely chuffed. Most exciting bit is receiving my half stone award sticker!!! I know the first week is always a bigger loss but this has spurred me on to not cheat on WI day. Sooo tired this morning, roll on the weekend.

Morning everyone, Ok so first WI this morning and I've lost..... 7 & 1/2 lbs , completely chuffed. Most exciting bit is receiving my half stone award sticker!!! I know the first week is always a bigger loss but this has spurred me on to not cheat on WI day. Sooo tired this morning, roll on the weekend.

Well done on your loss, you must be so pleased xx

Well done on the loss! :D

Thank you guys! Super chuffed. Still going strong so looking forward to WID. Sorry I haven't had time to post much, work is hectic at mo. Winter makes hospitals a crazy place xx

Hi Charli :wavey:

Doing great so far! You are so determined & motivated, don't think I'd be able to keep to soft drinks in that pub, haha.

My weight day's also Thursday, although I'm a bit obsessive with scales so tend to have a sneaky peek most days.

Yeah, can imagine most hospitals are pretty hectic in the winter. What job is it you do?

X

Well done on your weight loss. I'll be following with interest. Your story is so similar to mine except I did waste most of my twenties! Now 31 and decided my thirties will be slim, healthy and awesome! I'm a hospital midwife as well, so can empathise with you for hospital working. My 'new man' and I have been honeymoon phase for 2 years, so don't knock it. Doesn't have to end.

Re syns: don't be scared to use them. I always lost more when I do. Obviously it depends on the individual, but having done some detective work on my diet, I think when I deprive myself syns, I tend to eat too much free food as snacks, whereas a controlled syn would've satisfied my craving. So I was eating more calories without syns than with.

Hi Charli :wavey: Doing great so far! You are so determined & motivated, don't think I'd be able to keep to soft drinks in that pub, haha. My weight day's also Thursday, although I'm a bit obsessive with scales so tend to have a sneaky peek most days. Yeah, can imagine most hospitals are pretty hectic in the winter. What job is it you do? X
I'm a operational support manager. Basically a fancy word for a bed manager. Not the most liked person in a hospital. Lol. But it's interesting. I miss being a proper nurse though so have applied for a Sisters post. Interview is next week. It's one of the reasons I decided to start loosing weight. In the hope it would boost my confidence slightly. How did your Thursday weigh in go? I'm a huge drinker so have decided to stay on soft drinks for a while, cos when I start I like to carry on :) x

Well done on your weight loss. I'll be following with interest. Your story is so similar to mine except I did waste most of my twenties! Now 31 and decided my thirties will be slim, healthy and awesome! I'm a hospital midwife as well, so can empathise with you for hospital working. My 'new man' and I have been honeymoon phase for 2 years, so don't knock it. Doesn't have to end. Re syns: don't be scared to use them. I always lost more when I do. Obviously it depends on the individual, but having done some detective work on my diet, I think when I deprive myself syns, I tend to eat too much free food as snacks, whereas a controlled syn would've satisfied my craving. So I was eating more calories without syns than with.
Hey :) glad you're following. Sooo good to have someone that is in the same kind of boat. That is actually the most sensible strategy for syn usage I've heard. It's true cos at the mo I don't actually feel like I'm on a diet, largely because I can have the old Celebration etc (tins of Xmas choc a still everywhere at work) from time to time. I've done lighter life before and lost 4 stone but the shake diets break me. Couldn't have even a diet coke...made me a miserable cow. I to would love to be slim and awesome. I aiming for the hope that the jock & I could book our first holiday in the summer. I've been terrible lately, putting off loads of things because of lack of clothes of just worry that I'm too big for things...plans seats etc etc. Crazy how weight creeps up on you. I don't even know how I've let myself get to this stage. My cousin is training to be a midwife so I hear the shifts are just as bad as mine. Do you find it hard to food optimise on night shifts etc?? Is it true that you don't loose weight on SW if you don't eat enough?? Cos days like today I've just been too busy to squeeze 3 meal times in. Looking forward to following your journey though :) x

Last edited:
So, second weigh in today bag I've lost 7lb...sooo that's 14 1/2 lb, in total, in two weeks. Am very pleased!! Have stuck to it 100% and even used all of my syns. Green & Red days seem to be workjng out best and I just never feel deprived. Why did I do this before?! Much more doable than the crazy shake diets I do. How's everyone else getting on? X

Wow, incredible losses so far! Well done! Looking forward to following your journey x

So, second weigh in today bag I've lost 7lb...sooo that's 14 1/2 lb, in total, in two weeks. Am very pleased!! Have stuck to it 100% and even used all of my syns. Green & Red days seem to be workjng out best and I just never feel deprived. Why did I do this before?! Much more doable than the crazy shake diets I do. How's everyone else getting on? X

Well done, a stone in 2 weeks is amazing xx

Fantastic loss, and great motivation. Keep it up! :)

Wow, incredible losses so far! Well done! Looking forward to following your journey x

I was just reading your diary. You're doing amazingly well. Inspiration. You're so right I'm starting at pretty much the sand stats you did. When you have such a huge amount to loose it seems like you'll never get there and the thought of putting on a size 14 just seems a bit of a fantasy. But you seem to have the right mind set. Just taking it week by week. I'm so sick of loosing and gaining on other diets so I do need to just treat this as a new lifestyle rather than diet. I'm quite a competitive person so for now just the thought of recieving those little reward badges is enough to spur me on. Going to Supermarket today to stock up on super frees. Do you think they did boost your weight loss?? x

Thank you! Impressive that you're motivated still even when pregnant. I'm terrible I'd just use it as an excuse...."oh the baby wants Ben & Jerry's" haha x

So, the Jock is sat watching the footy and I've spent the last couple of hours scouring SW recipes in preparation for a big shop later. I have NEVER planned my weeks meals before. But it seems that's the key to success. Have to admit I'm not the greatest cook but I'll give it a go. I'm loving Quorn, feels like I'm cheating on a green day. I'm gonna get lunch before I go because when I go shopping hungry...well fresh baked tiger loafs are tooo tempting!!

Back