Silver's Diary

Day 14

Bit late writing this (tis 1.43am here) so this'll be short.

Had my weigh-in this morning and I'm down 4lbs :woohoo: Pretty good for first week on Cruise :D

Today was PP so breakfast was scrambled eggs, turkey bacon and galette. Lunch was practically non-existent. We were out and ended up grabbing the lowest sugar and fat content beef jerky we could find and some SF snack pots :( Dinner was steak and tofu.

No exercise today, unles you count walking around the shops. Got myself some new runners :) I'll put them to good use tomorrow!

I think that's it for this entry... I'll probably edit it when I'm actually awake, in a few hours :jelous:

Night all, or good morning to those on the other side of the pond :)

Thats a great loss :)

Your diary makes a lovely read! Keep it up!

(Are you sure the "NF SF choc and vanilla snack pot" are ok for Dukan? They sound great!!!)

Your diary makes a lovely read! Keep it up!

(Are you sure the "NF SF choc and vanilla snack pot" are ok for Dukan? They sound great!!!)

Thanks :) About the NF SF choc and vanilla snack pots, my husband said they're allowed. He's been searching for things to allieve his withdrawal symtoms lol....but last night he told me they're not totally fat free. Alas he has thrown out the packaging so I can't look at the details :( He said that any calories in them come from sugar alcohol, which he says is allowed....I think I'll be trying to steer clear of them for a while

Early(ish) Day 15

Ok so it's 10.45am here, so not that early, but today is looking like a bad day. I woke up early to find that my TOTM had snuck up on me 3 days early :jelous: So I sort that out and go back to bed.

Later I get woken up by a phone call from my Dad (a proper one, not skype) who gives me some long expected bad news. My Gran passed away this afternoon....think I'm a bit in shock despite knowing it was coming...
Dad tells me my Mam doesn't want me to come home. They don't want me to spend the money on flights...I can understand that..but I kinda wanted to be there.
My Mam was with my Gran, her Mam, when it happened. I'm glad she had someone with her but I'm sorry my Mam had to watch....

Don't think I'll be eating much today

thinking of you xx try and eat something otherwise you may make yourself ill

O silph, so sorry to hear your loss. Even when you half expect these things, can still be a bit of a shock. Take care and try not to let it set you back

I'm really sorry to hear that, SS... please don't let it trip you up though when you're doing so well. Take care of yourself x

Day 15

Thanks everyone for all your kind words. They mean a lot :) I got through the day pretty much (though I maybe had one snack pot too many)

Had breakfast of scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and ham. Late lunch of two chicken breasts cos I need to comfort eat...and dinner was left over modified weight watchers cottage pie. About to have yogurt with oat bran and sweetner while I watch a movie.

I haven't really let myself think about anything today. Went to the dog park with Rua and did some running/interval training and this evening I had a session with my PT. She pushed us really hard. Circa 100 pushups, planks, burpies, shoulder presses, chest presses, chest flys, tricep push ups, 50ish crunches, V-ups etc etc. I'm quite sore now. ready and willing to fall into a deep sleep.

PS: my neighbour showed up to return a bowl i lent her and gave me chocolate cake as a thank you. She doesn't know I'm on a diet. I broke off a tiny piece, about the size of my thumb nail, and ate it. Feel guilty but practically all day I've been tempted to buy a tub of Ben&Jerrys so I'm happy I managed to not do that

Day 16

I didn't get to write this last night as we had company so I'm writing a quick update this morning.
Breakfast was scrambled eggs with a bowl of 0% Greek yoghurt with sweetner after. Lunch was a rushed can of tuna and dinner was a lobster tail and some shrimp. I was fridge grazing far to much yesterday. I really didnt feel like doing anything and I was aching all over from the insane workout my PT gave us too.
I made myself get outside and work on Rua's leash training, which we'd been neglecting over the winter. That went better than I thought it would.
I picked my SO from work and we headed to Costco. I love Costco! One of the coolest stores we've encountered over here :)
Other than have company in the evening, the rest of the day was very quiet.

Day 17

Started the day with coffee and scrambled eggs with a spicy chicken sausage my SO found that we're allowed.
Then I dropped my SO to work and continued on the the dog park with Rua. Did half an hour worth of running/interval training there and let Rua get her play on :D
Headed home, filthy from the muck at the park, and set to cleaning the apt (after I changed lol). We got new, faster internet installed today so I had to be here for that. After the installation I chatted to my mam. She told me how my Gran's removal went (well) and read me the eulogy she'll be giving tomorrow at the funeral. It's was lovely, almost had me bawling like a baby...
Went to the gym after the call to my mam, and a quick lunch of tuna and a snack pot. Did 40mins of cardio. Ended up falling asleep on the couch after my shower.
Woke up in time to make dinner, a chicken salad with rocket, spinach, cucumber, yellow cherry tomatoes and balsamic vinegars. FINALLY found fresh rhubard in the shops, so that was dessert :) All I have let to have today is oatbran, which I'll have with yogurt later :)

Day 18

Wow! 18 days already :eek: It does not feel like that at all. Time is flying, definitely a new experience for me while dieting :clap:

So today was PP. Had my usual brekkie of scrambled eggs with a bowl of sweetened greek yogurt as a treat. Lunch was late again today so I just had a can of tuna. Afternoon snack of greek yogurt with a fruit side. My SO assures me they're tolerated but I'm still staying far from them if I can. Dinner ended up being very late so I had another snack of SF jelly. Dinner was a delicious meatloaf I found a recipe for on google :)

I got in a walk today, about an hour ish, but not much other exercise. I'll do more to make up for it tomorrow.
I just felt very lethargic today. I don't know if that's from the diet or a result of my current emotional state or either of those! It's been quite over cast for the last while and I've also been going to bed late (around 2) so that could be it.

I did find out that I'm only an inch or 2 from fitting into jeans in a local shop. They only go up to a 14, which is a 12 in europe I think, and I measured and I think I could fit into a 14 now but I'm going to wait for a bit :) (I'm normally a 16/18) I find it very hard to find jeans because of my size and height (I've a 35" leg). I used buy "longer length" jeans from river island. They were perfect, but they don't have any shops over here :( So fingers crossed I'll fit into Express jeans soon! :happy036:
You think it would be easy to find jeans in America but finding any sort of trousers here is hell. Same with shoes actually. I'm a size 9, big enough number at home, but thats a size 12 here :( I have no trouble with getting tops though....it's very weird :hmm:

Good to see you are OK and still going strong after 18 days - it goes very quick the motivation is good, never hungry and of course getting on those scales and seeing a minus. Brilliant diet.
Buying trousers have been a pain for me too - Ive always bought Next but even the credit crunch has affected their leg length. Cant remember the last time I wore jeans thinking that might be something I'll buy today just dont fancy the price tag that goes with them. Im OK for shoes Ive shrunk to 5.5 :) have a good day (think your behind us) :)

I found the long length per una jeans from m&s were good in my size 18/16 days, although the waist was a bit high. Regular m&s jeans not much good for me. I liked Next long length too but Chris is right, the quality of the material and tge finish is definatelypoorer. Also lands end mail order were surpringly Good at times, leg Length 33 for me is ok.

Sleep well!

Never heard of Lands End, but I'm not a big fan of ordering without trying them on. I found that even though a pair might be my size in writing, in actuality they're too tight or, on a very rare occassion, too loose. Or they're just unflattering lol.

Hope your shopping went well CHRISR :D you'll have to put up pics :clap:

Back