Silver's Diary

Day 19 and 20

I missed putting yesterday up because I went out to a residents party and then to the pub. Also forgot my oat bran :(

So breakfast yesterday was coffee and scrambled eggs with a shallot and mince. Then I dropped my hubby to work and came back and tidy the apt.
I had an old friend coming down from Vancouver to pick up a delivery I accepted for him (free delivery within the US). I then had lunch which was a chicken breast and this really nice microwaveable veg pot.
My hubby (James) then txted and suggested I collect him and go to the dog park because it was so nice out. So we did.

Came home, went for a jog with a friend and then got ready to go out, which included dinner. We had leftover meatloaf and another of those veg pots :gimi:

I must say that I was very pleased with how I looked when leaving the apartment. I'm losing the weight off completely different areas than I did on Lipotrim. I don't know if thats because of Dukan or if it's because of 6mnths of personal training :character00116: Either way I'm thrilled! :bliss: The party was great fun as well and so was the pub :) I didn't touch any of the free food or booze and I stuck to diet coke in the pub, which my bar tender gave me for free :D I love my local! I got home at about 1am :4635:

So today was scramble again for brekkie with turkey bacon. Then we had a mad rush to get to the dog park as we'd promised to meet a few friends there. They're looking to get a pup and so wanted to check the notice boards for litters. We ended up being out there for a long while. James had a football match near by and I hung out in the DP until he was done.
We had a late lunch of half a chicken breast and tofu, after which we ran out to the shops. James had damaged his new glasses and needed them straightened out. I wanted to get some earrings and check on a dress I'd seen in early December, and this is where my day got AWESOME!

I had seen the dress while looking for something to wear to James Christmas party. I picked out a nice evening wear dress and was sorely tempted to get this one too but I couldn't justify it as it was $189.
Due to my PT I had toned up and I was fitting into dresses I honestly didnt think I'd fit into so I was fairly chuffed that day. Today was sooo much better!
Not only was the dress still there :eek: it was half price! AND I look waaay better in it now after losing close to a stone since the last time I tried it on.
Modeled it for James when I got home, he was very impressed :D feeling confident I decided to try on one or two of my other dresses that I haven't fit into in a year. I could close all of them!!!
:bliss: :party0011: :party0049: :bliss:

Best Day Ever! :D

Fantastic :D

Day 21

Today was SuperBowl Sunday here. Went to a friends' to watch the game. James made Dukan friendly buffalo chicken tenders with FF sour cream dip. They turned out really nice :)

Breakfast was egg whites and chicken sausage patties. Lunch was a small salad and dinner was brussel sprouts with turkey bacon and stewed rhubarb for dessert :)

Had my weigh-in today and I lost 2.6lbs which I'm fairly happy with, especially with TOTM just ending. Fingers crossed I have a big loss next week. Aiming for 6.4lb-ish...

Day 22

PP day today.

Was out of eggs so I just had a bowl of sweetened 0% yogurt and then ran out to meet my PT for a walk. We usually head up to a nice park and walk around the lake there. It's about 3miles, which ain't too shabby.

Got home and proceeded to procrastinate. Wrote out a list of things to do and then was asked to the cinema by a friend. So up I hopped and off I went. Still somehow managed to, almost, finish my list :p

Picked up eggs and had them scrambled for lunch. Headed out to my hubbys' work at about 6:30. He was playing football and I decided to go out early and jog around with the dog. Picked up my friend and her dog and we managed about 2ish miles of jogging :chores016:

Dinner was a chicken breast wrapped in turkey bacon and we're just about to have galettes for dessert.

My aim for next weigh-in is -6.4lbs so I'm going to focus on some endurance cardio if I can and lots of ab & arm workouts to tone up :cross:

Last edited:
Day 23

Woke up this morning in a bad mood. No idea why :confused:
Got up and make my usual scrambled eggs and coffee. Planned to tidy the apartment before leaving to meet my PT for a walk but that didn't happen at all, at all. Got another coffee for the walk.

Wasn't interested in having lunch today but I forced myself to eat a tin of tuna. Meant to exercise but didn't. My leg has been quite sore after all my running and my PT told me it sounds like I'm coming close to inflicting a stress fracture on myself, so no more running for a while. Going to use the crosstrainer instead.

James cooked dinner tonight and it was great! Roast butternut squash, chicken and brussel sprouts with onion and turkey bacon! :gimi:

Will hopefully get up early tomorrow for exercise. Then I'm off to meet my PT and another of her clients. She's been telling people about my diet and this client is interested so I offered to chat to her about it. Just in the middle of typing out some of the basics to print out for her. :cross: it goes well :)

You're doing really well! And it's good to be able to encourage others to lose weight too (provided they want to! I could quite easily accost people who mightn't want to...!! haaaaa!)

Day 24

Today ws a pretty good day. I got up, went to the gym, did some cardio and came back to make breakfast for me and James. Just scrambled eggs and coffee as usual. Chatted with my parents on skype and then got ready to meet my PT.

Myself and my PT were supposed to go for a walk in our usual place but it was raining so we headed to a shopping centre instead :D I picked up some nice pearl studs to place the ones I lost and she browsed baby toys :)
After that she introduced me to another of her clients, who is interested in Dukan. I was prepared with a 5 page print out I'd compiled and we had a nice chat. I couldn't praise Minimins enough IMO :D Hopefully we'll have a new member soon :cross:

Got home at about 4pm. Grabbed a can of tuna for lunch and some sweetened 0% greek yogurt. Dinner was some very nice tillapia fillets and a stir-fry of imitation crab, turkey bacon, tofu, garlic, chives and scallions with soy sauce. Odd mix, but it was amazing! :gimi: Just had my oat bran/yogurt mix for supper.

Oh, oh, oh! Almost forgot! There's this shop over here called LuluLemon. It's a sports wear shop. They have gorgeous stuff but only go up to a 12 :( One of my goals is to be able to buy a pair of pants from there.
So me and my PT go in today cause she wants to show me this item that she loves and wants to get for after her pregnancy. While we're in there I spot this awesome workout top but the largest they have is a 10...my PT insists I try it on. I'm thinking to myself that I'm not even going to get this down over my shoulders, let alone on but I decide to placate her. I grab a 10 and head to the dressing room. Lo and behold, not only could I get it on, I didn't She-Hulk out of it! :woohoo:
It didn't look right on me though. It's supposed to be loose in certain places and they weren't quite loose on me. But the tight bits weren't that tight! Here's what the top looked like (second colour choice):
no limit tank | women's tanks | lululemon athletica

I'm very happy and stunned to be honest. Never would have thought, even at my goal weight, that I'd fit into a 10! :party0011: :bliss:

Still kinda think there must have been some sort of mistake, or their sizes run big...

Day 25

Woke up late today. James wasn't feeling well so he called in sick and turned off his alarms. As a result I woke up at noon :p Was great to get a lie in.

As we were late getting up I made brunch. Scrambled eggs with the left over brussel sprouts and turkey bacon from Tuesday. They kept very well and were still really tasty.

Headed to a friends for coffee, and James went back to bed poor thing. I ended up getting lost on the way to my friends Took the wrong exit off the freeway and went north instead of south. As result I had to stay a bit later to avoid traffic on the way home.

When I got back James had gotten up, feeling much better, and had dinner ready for me :D A vegetable miso soup with imitation crab and the shirataki noodles from the Dukan site that got delivered today :) It was really nice, but after James tells me that the miso base he used wasn't quite allowed and had a lot more tolerated items in it than I would have been happy with :( He's going to bring the rest into work with him tomorrow. He's below his goal now and will be starting Conso on Monday. He's just got to get a check up now and see how his cholesterol is :cross:

Day 26

Had a bad headache all day today and I've been chugging water to try and get rid of it. Only result has been extra trips to the loo :(
Went to the Doc this morn for a check up. I've low BP but that's normal for me. Got some blood drawn for cholesterol tests so hopefully I'll hear back from them soon. My doc was happy for me to continue with Dukan, saying that as long as I'm smart about it and it's working for me it should be good for my health in the long run :D
My knee problem had not as good news. The broken vein seems to have diverted itself, which is good, but there's no way to repair the scar tissue/clot that was left from the tear. Doc said with anti-inflammatories and warm compresses the pain should disappear, but if it doesn't she'll have to send me to a vascular surgeon and they may need to strip the vein :eek: Ah well, c'est la vie etc etc.

Had a scramble for brekkie with yogurt and coffee. Went for a walk and then got a late lunch of tuna. Dinner was cod with shirataki noddles and a tasty turkey bacon, crab, tofu mess..

Forgot to take my diet pills with brekkie but I remembered for lunch and dinner. I got in some exercise today but not much. I'm very disappointed at my lack of exercise this week. I had such high hopes for this week :break_diet:

Tomorrow is another day. I shall endeavor to do better.

Day 27

Had an interesting day today. My friends were getting a puppy today and needed to buy supplies before he arrived. It's their first time getting a pup solo so I volunteered to help them out.
Met them at 11 after my usual breakfast and I was out with them until half 2. Lunch was turkey burgers and a microwaved veg pot.
After that I went to the market to get veg for tonight's dinner. We had seared peppered tuna to start, followed by turkey with brussel sprouts with t bacon, bns and gravy and, for dessert, stewed rhubarb with frozen vanilla yogurt. Everything went down well :D
Rua and our friends new pup got on well and both are exhausted now. So am I to be honest!
Glad to be back home. Dreading my weigh in tomorrow after PV. Tempted to leave it til Monday....we'll see

Day 28

Today was the epitome of a lazy day. Got up at 11ish, had brekkie (scramble) and watched TV til mid afternoon.

Went to the dog park at 3pm with a friend. Walked for a bit and then came back home to watch more tv and read. Dinner was left over turkey and some chicken sausage. Had some muffins for dessert.

Now I'm off to bed. All the sitting around has really tired me out :p

Last edited:
Day 29

Writing this totally slipped my mind last night....and I can barely remember what I did yesterday :confused:

Breakfast was scrambled eggs as usual. Lunch was a turky burger and a microwaved veg pot and dinner was a salad with mixed greens, heirloom tomatoes, tofu, cucumber and chicken. Had a snack pot for dessest too.

I brought Rua to the vet yesterday. She had what I thought was a sty but apparently isn't. I was given drops for it. She takes them like a champ :D
She also got her nails trmmed which she hates! I can't do it because the last time I tried I almost quicked her :( Freaked us both out!

Also had a PT session and MY GOD am I sore today! She had us doing loads of new exercises for our abs and triceps...I hurt...
I actually had to ice my back when I got home and my hands and arms were shaking! :eek: Hopefully I won't seize up for tonight!

Happy Valentines everyone! Have a great day :D

Day 30

I hurt everywhere! I haven't been this badly effected by a workout in years! Can barely move!

On the up side I had a great Valentines :) dinner in a fancy steak house and we went to Cavalia after. Cavalia is a horse show started by one of the cirque du soleil founders. It was good fun. Some gorgeous horses :)

My plan for tomorrow was to do at least an hour of cardio to make up for the less dukan friendly aspects of dinner e.g. Parmesan with my carpaccio or butter in the sautéed spinach... I don't think I'll be moving much at all tomorrow :(

Day 31

Today was pretty slow. Chatted to my parents and lil sis via Skype in the morning. Breakfast was FF Greek yogurt...I was out of eggs :rolleyes:

(I've decided to do 3 PP days after having 2 PV in a row....I think that should cancel out any bad stuff I had yesterday)

At about 12:30 I went to my friends house to check in on their new pup. He's a little sweetheart and sooo smart! I taught him "Leave it" in 10mins!
On my way home I picked up the hubby 'cause he's not feeling well. I think I got a sore throat from him :(
Once home I got a can of tuna for lunch and a snack pot. I had every intention of exercising but I honestly was far to sore to do anything of the sort. I should be up for it tomorrow, hopefully :)

Dinner was chicken broth with cut up chicken sausage, turkey burger, shallot, garlic and shirataki noodles. Helped my throat a bit.
I had my oatbran mixed in with yogurt, choc flavouring and a lil sweetner for dessert :gimi:

Last edited:
your doing fab... i wish i had half your energy lol

Day 32

I am happy to say that my sore throat appears to have gotten a lil better :)

Slept in this morning because of my sore throat. Late breakfast of chicken sausage and imitation crab that James made.
Afterwards I went to the dog park with one of my friends, and obviously both our dogs lol.

Had a very late lunch of tuna and then James convinced me to go for a nap....I'm very susceptible to persuasion, especially when it comes to sleeping. I love sleeping!

I made a turkey meatloaf for dinner and it turned out really nice :) Had my oatbran with yogurt for dessert. Now James and I are watch tv and feeling sorry for our under-the-weather selves.

So I applied for a couple of jobs this week, one of them in the Seattle Art Museum! I'm really hoping I hear back from them. I'm very ready to be working again :) :cross:

Last edited:
Back