Simply filling recipes

Its lovely ! And i suppose if you add some nutmeg it could possibly be a nice christmassy treat . Cinnamon and nutmeg always remind me of Christmas :) x

Yeah might do nutmeg that's what they put on the top of egg custard isn't it ...I love that ...you haven't got a free recipe for that have you ????

Rednicola said:
Yeah might do nutmeg that's what they put on the top of egg custard isn't it ...I love that ...you haven't got a free recipe for that have you ????

For egg custards ? No I've not im afraid ... Shame as i love em !

Pork meatballs and spaghetti.

I got this recipe from the current ww magazine, in that recipe it's turkey meatballs but I'm going to use chicken or pork mince to fit in with this plan.

Serves 4

300g spaghetti
Meatballs - 400g pork/ chicken mince
1 small onion chopped v finely
2 crushed garlic cloves
4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Sauce
1 tsp olive oil
1 onion finely chopped
2 celery sticks finely chopped
1 red pepper finely chopped
2 chopped garlic cloves
1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes
Roughly torn fresh basil

1- combine the meatball ingredients and season. Shape into 12 balls. Heat a large non stick frying pan and add the meatballs. Fry for 10 mins to brown all over. Remove from pan and set to one side.

2- add oil to the same pan and stur in onion, celery, pepper and garlic. Gently cook for 10 mins until softened and lightly brown. Add tomatoes and 100 ml of water and season well.

3- bring to boil and simmer for 5 mins then add the meatballs. Cook for 15 mins. Cook the pasta and drain. Stir basil into sauce and meatballs and add to the pasta.

After the sauce cooks I remove the meatballs again and blend it a bit so it's texture is a bit smoother but still has some chunks.

Spicy lentil & bean soup

Frozen casserole mix
Baked beans
Lentils
Passata
Beef oxo
Chilli powder to taste

Method
Add all ingredients and add water to cover

Bring to the boil and simmer until veg is soft adding more water as lentils soak it up

When cooked blitz with hand blender adding more water until it's at the consistency you like

Sorry I never measure my ingredients :(

Turkey & bacon casserole done in slow cooker

Turkey steak
Bacon medallions
Leeks
Carrot
Swede
Butternut squash
Mushrooms
I added sprouts coz I love em
chicken stock
Garlic
Potatoes if wanted ( I didn't and it was still filling)

Method

Cut up all ingredients and add to the slow cooker with the chicken stock (not to much fluid just so it covers at least half of the ingredients)

I put mine on medium for 4 hrs then turned it to low for another 3 hrs but only coz I was in ...probably best put on low for 8 hrs

Last edited:
Yeah they really are good took me a while to get one but I love it so easy x

I love my slow cooker. Defo want to try the turkey and bacon recipe

It was lovely mets and you can throw in any veg you want x

Meatloaf

Extra lean mince
Onion
Seasoning
Egg
Dash of soy sauce

Chop onion and mix all ingredients in a bowl.

Spray meatloaf tin with frylight and put in mixture.

Bake at 200o for an hour (maybe a bit more)

Nomes said:
Meatloaf

Extra lean mince
Onion
Seasoning
Egg
Dash of soy sauce

Chop onion and mix all ingredients in a bowl.

Spray meatloaf tin with frylight and put in mixture.

Bake at 200o for an hour (maybe a bit more)

Wow! Easy peasy! Thanks lovely :) xx

Humous

chick peas
total 0% yoghurt
red onion
garlic
salt n pepper

blend it all together! Job done!

I LOVE HUMMUS :D :D :D

Me too I haven't tried it yet but gonna this week x

I love it too! Might put some red pepper in that recipe. It sounds lush - thank you xx

I love the Sainsburys be good to yourself roasted red pepper one, but with this, you can add more if you want.

Back