Lemon chicken and chickpea tagine

2 tsp oil
Chicken breasts cubed (1 per person)
1 onion chopped
2-3 carrots sliced
2 crushed garlic cloves
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp each tumeric, paprika and cinnamon
1pt chicken stock made with oxo cube (0 pp)
Can of chickpeas (400g can)
Pared rind and juice of 1 lemon

1- preheat oven to 180c/ gas mark 4
2- heat a casserole dish on and add the oil. Then add the onion, carrot and chicken. Heat over medium high heat for 10 mins until chicken browned a little and onions are soft.

3- add the spices and garlic and cook for 1 min stirring

4- pour in the chicken stock, chickpeas, lemon juice and lemon rind. Bring to the boil then put the lid on the casserole dish and transfer into the oven and cook for 40 mins.

Serve with brown rice or wholewheat cous cous or bulgar wheat or veg.

Can I just double-check, there's a couple of recipes that use extra lean mince and, checking my books, it's not highlighted in green. Are people pointing it? Cos to me it doesn't seem like it's 'free' on simply filling ...

All lean beef so I count extra lean mince as free- just as extra lean pork mince is mentioned . I count it as free and have lost. X

Chicken fried rice

Whole grain rice
Chicken
Garlic
Onions
Mushrooms
Pepper

Cook rice first and let it cool

Cook pepper, garlic, onions and chicken. Add a dash of soy sauce. Add mushrooms towards the end. Add rice for last few minutes.

Et voila!

Shepherds Pie

Lean mince (with fat drained or extra lean)
Potatoes
Peas
Carrots
Onion
Tsp butter 1pp
Skimmed milk
One of those shepherds pie mixes
Gravy granules 1pp

Peel and chop potatoes and stick on to boil until soft.
Meanwhile, fry the mince off with onion until brown. Peel and chop carrots. Once the mince is browned, drain the fat off and make the packet mix up with 300ml cold water. Add carrots to mince and onion, add peas and poor over the mixture. Bring back to the boil.
Mash potatoes with butter and a splash of skimmed milk.
Transfer mince mix to an oven proof dish, top with potato and cook on 200f for around half an hour or until brown.
Serve with gravy

This was made as per the instructions on the packet mix and for the 50g packet, it's 1pp. I've not bothered to point it in my serving as it wouldn't count as 1pp. But you're welcome to if you want to.

2pp for the whole recipe

This is the first time I tried this way of doing shepherds pie - I usually use my Mums recipe :) If you want that, I'll post it too.

is the colmans shepheard pie mix really free

Chicken fried rice :)

Attachments

• image-1694442074.jpg
    image-1694442074.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 424
Looks great Nomes!

excellent! i was searching for tasty food that comes out of a slow cooker....should have known I would find what I needed from Minimins

Sweet potato & red pepper soup

Sweet potato
Onion
Carrot
Red pepper
Stock cubes I only had chicken in so used them
Schwartz Chicken seasoning (optional)
Salt & pepper to taste

Chop all ingredients sorry I never weigh I just add whatever (lazy)
Add stock and seasoning
Bring to the boil and then simmer until the veg is soft
Blend

Easy peasy

bread and butter pudding

30g raisins 2pp
1/2 cup of sweetner
5x slices of w/w bread
1/2 pint of skimmed milk
4 eggs
2x teaspoons of half fat butter 1pp
cinnamon
nutmeg
  1. Cut the crusts off the bread. Spread each slice with on one side with butter, then cut into triangles.
  2. Arrange a layer of bread, buttered-side up, in the bottom of the dish, then add a layer of raisins. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon, then repeat the layers of bread and raisins, sprinkling with cinnamon, until you have used up all of the bread. Finish with a layer of bread, then set aside.
  3. Gently warm the milk in a pan over a low heat to scalding point. Don't let it boil.
  4. Crack the eggs into a bowl, add three quarters of the sweetner and lightly whisk until pale.
  5. Add the warm milk and stir well, then strain the custard into a bowl.
  6. Pour the custard over the prepared bread layers and sprinkle with nutmeg and the remaining sugar and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
  7. Preheat the oven to 180C/355F/Gas 4.
  8. Place the dish into the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the custard has set and the top is golden-brown.
not tried this yet, will serve 2 so 2pp each

baked egg custard I found this on the mini mums slimming world recipe section

5oz vlf fomage frais
2 eggs beaten
a few drops of vanilla essence
grated nutmeg to taste
2 tbls low calorie sweetener
mix all together and put into ramekin dishes sprayed with spray light
Bake in ban marie for 20/25 mins on gas mark 4 (sorry dont know for electric)

kebab recipe
Ingredients:

1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
500g/1.1 lb extra lean mince beef

Method:
Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C/350F

In a large bowl, combine the dried oregano, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.

Add the lamb mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching and kneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.

Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place on a baking tray.

Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure even browning.

Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.

Slice the donor kebab as thinly as possible and serve with pitta, salad and sauces!!!

This is yummy tastes like the real thing and completly free on s/f. xx

Back