Skulldilocks' Slimming World Diary Part II

subscribing :)

Ergh feeling rough this morning! The guy I normally get a lift with bailed last minute so I had to rush all over the show this morning! Meant I forgot my soup :( Will have it for dinner instead! Weigh in tomorrow - not feeling overly positive as the weekend was a bit hit and miss but any loss will make me feel ok, I need to keep my chin up or I'll just fall into a black hole again!

Tuesday EE day

Breakfast:
WW petit pain (HEX B)
Ham
Cheese (HEX A)
Mayo (3)

Lunch:
Jacket potato
Cheese (5)
Beans (SS)
Apple (S)

Dinner:
Soup - leeks (S), onions (S), swede (S), carrot (S), potato and chilli (S)

Total syns: 8

You've given me some inspiration for breakfast, yours sound really nice. Good luck for tomorrow's WI

I agree, it really sounds gorgeous!! xx

Little Miss Binge came back last night :'( Feeling a lot more down than usual lately for no particular reason (I suffer from depression/anxiety), think its the change of the seasons. Its a vicious circle and last night I just had a big old cry to my other half, who I think is seriously drained from the whole situation.
Worried about weigh in tonight now and now have the added pressure of going with my mate. Going to be embarrassing. I really need something that's going to snap me out of this mentality, not just for the diet sake but for my general well being.

Stayed to group. Consultant- "I'm worried about you". Me - "Me too."
I had a massive ramble about how I didn't know what to do, the depression, the bingeing, the fact I know every nice recipe and I don't need advice from group because I know what works. I had a bit of a breakdown to be honest and apologised to the group after as I hate people that talk for ages haha! She said that I need to take positives out of everything - think of an NSV everyday. As she said, I was on plan for half of the week and if I hadn't I could've gained more like I have in the past. The fact I tried is something. I find it so hard to look at things like this but I have to try. I don't know what more to say really, I don't feel like I have a new found motivation or spring in my step but it was nice to jut rant about how annoying I am. There I am telling people about all these soup recipes and then it gets to me and I've gained, they're probably all like "well soups clearly don't work love". Ha oh well Just going to try again. Gym tonight.

Thursday EE day:

Breakfast:

Pineapple chunks (S)
Mullerlight vanilla yog
Tea with milk (HEX A) and sweetener

Lunch:
Soup - Leeks (S), Onions (S), Carrots (S), Potatoes, Swede (S), Chilli (S)
Apple (S)
Banana
Grapes

Dinner:
2x glazed pork steaks
Broccoli (S)
Green Beans (S)

100 ml Gravy (1.5)

Other:
Ham sandwich (HEX B) with BBQ sauce (1)
Crunchy claw crisps (5.5)

Hot chocolate (2) with EL whipped cream (1)
HEX B To be confirmed

Total syns: 11

Last edited:
Hi Ya today's another day and your menu looks spot on. Hadn't thought about hot chocolate with EL whipped cream - sounds like a very nice treat :)

Hi Ya today's another day and your menu looks spot on. Hadn't thought about hot chocolate with EL whipped cream - sounds like a very nice treat :)

Thank you. Going to try and up my superfree more now as well as an extra boost. And it really is! I normally have a Flump for (1.5) too, might add it tonight, see how I feel :) x

Sorry to hear your depression has been bad :( have you ever tried therapy/counselling? Really helped me when I was in a really dark place, helps you find the route of the problems rather than covering it up with food/comfort eating etc. Can take a while to find the right therapist though, a lot of people get put off by a bad experience with someone yhat didnt work for them. Hope you feel better soon, enjoy the spooky fog, at least a bit more exciting than rain, eh? ;) X

Sorry to hear your depression has been bad :( have you ever tried therapy/counselling? Really helped me when I was in a really dark place, helps you find the route of the problems rather than covering it up with food/comfort eating etc. Can take a while to find the right therapist though, a lot of people get put off by a bad experience with someone yhat didnt work for them. Hope you feel better soon, enjoy the spooky fog, at least a bit more exciting than rain, eh? ;) X

I did CBT therapy for about 8 weeks back when I was first diagnosed and I got a lot out of it but after a while I felt we were just repeating everything. Plus, it meant I had to leave work early a lot and I worried about losing my job so it seemed silly that my supposed "cure" for anxiety was causing me it! Maybe it wasn't the right person, I think I need to try and keep myself busy, even if I don't want to and that will help a great deal. x

I wish I could help :(
I know it's not ideal but you can ALWAYS message me if you'd like to talk about anything, sometimes off loading onto a stranger helps :).
As someone that has suffered from major depression & anxiety for a very very long time I know how difficult it can be. My best advice is to focus on looking after yourself and be as kind to yourself as you can be.
x

Aww Hun sorry to hear you're feeling down :( nothing anyone can say really cos like you say, you know exactly what to eat and stuff. Just hope you're feeling a bit better soon xxxxx

Well I'm going to kind of recap each day to realise NSVs and stuff and try and have a more positive outlook on it all.

Good things from yesterday:
I stayed within my syns.
I ate plenty of superfree
I drank over 4 litres of water
I did a 30 minute walk home
I cooked a new recipe - the pork went down a storm!

Bad things from yesterday:
I didn't go to the gym as planned.

Let's see if today stays as good, similar food to yesterday. Will update dinner later as going to my parents tonight. Mum knows the score though

Friday EE day:

Breakfast:

Watermelon chunks (SS)
Mullerlight vanilla yog
Xmas pudding Hifi (HEX B)
4x tea with milk (HEX A) and sweetener

Lunch:
Soup - Leeks (S), onions (S), carrots (S), swede (S), potato
Apple (S)
Banana
Grapes

Muller light greek lemon yog (0.5)

Other:
3x Assorted biscuits (11)

Dinner:
Quorn mince (s)
Chopped tomatoes (S)
Mushrooms (s)
Onions (S)
Peppers (s)
Tom puree (s)
Chilli (s)
Lots of broccoli (s)

Parmesan (HEX A)

Total syns: 11.5

Last edited:
There's a big tub of biscuits in the office today, its begun!! I've had 3 as my syns for the day but its so hard to stay away from them! Everytime I walk to the printer they're there! Anyway, chomping on my grapes but tis not doing the trick! 2 and a half hours to go! Got to think about how good I'll feel after x

Good things about yesterday:
I stayed within my syns
I ate plenty of superfree
I drank over 2 litres of water
I went to the gym for 30 mins :)
I managed not to binge on the tub of biscuits

Bad things:
I can't think of any tbh!

Today we are having a sleepover haha! Its been a long time since all our mates met up and didnt get hammered so we're going to watch films, play silly games and we've got party food. I researched ICeland party food and got some good stuff. I know you can make stuff but we had a budget so it'll be fine.

Saturday EE day:
Breakfast:

2x Light Choice sausages (2)
Scrambled egg
Half tin of baked beans (SS)
Mushrooms (S)
2x toast (HEX B)

Lunch:
Strawberries (SS)
Grapes
Banana

Mullerlight greek lemon yog (0.5)

Dinner:
2x Hoisin duck skewers
Onion bhaji (1.5)
Veg Samosa (2)
2x Sticky chicken skewer (2)
4x mini tikka bites (0.5)
2x Mini sweet chicken kebab
2x Mini cajun pork kebab
Salad (S)
Diet coke

Total syns: 8.5

Last edited:
Good things about yesterday:
Stayed with in my syns
Resisted the several tubs of Pringles AND Ben and Jerrys (1 spoon def counts as resisting imo!)
We went for an hour walk
I drank at least 2 litres of water before starting on Diet Coke.

Bad things about yesterday:
I didnt eat much superfree
My star week started! :(

So yeah star week is here! After being reminded Ben & Jerrys exists thanks to last night I was seriously craving it! We had to go to Tescos to get a few bits and All I wanted to do was raid the choc isles. I resisted though despite my stupid boyfriend buying this huge choc brownie cake (which I've told him he cant eat in front of me) and one of thier Chock a block bars. Instead I bought some of those mini mars bars and asked him to hide them so I only have access to one a day. So heres today's food:

Sunday EE day

Breakfast:
None, slept through lol

Lunch:
2x toast (HEX B)
2x Light Choices sausages (2)
Baked beans (SS)
Mushrooms (S)
2 eggs in Frylight

Dinner:
Chicken (S) jalfrezi - chopped toms (s), onions (S), mushrooms (S), peppers (S), garlic (s), chilli (s)
Rice
Sharwoods mini naan (5.5)

Mini jammie dodgers (4.5)
Hot choc (2) with cream (0.5)

Total syns: 14.5

Back