Sophie's New York Slimdown!

We are going in September so about 2 months away. My husband has been twice before but I have never been so he is my unofficial guide !!

I also went to the gym tonight but didnt do 4 miles just bits and pieces.

Thank you both. Any recommendations food wise or anything really ? I will be looking for a decent Vegetarian restaurant for my actual 40th possibly a dim sum place.

To be honest I really struggled to find places to eat both times I went - I think we spent too much time planning our itineraries and not enough time researching places to eat! I think I'm more prepared for the next trip, but not sure to be honest! I definitely have some nice cocktail bars earmarked though...

Morning! Feeling really run down and crap this morning and have got two big coldsores developing :( not happy as I have a wedding to go to on Saturday! Lots of healthy comfort food today I think to make me feel better and a nice early night.

(B): banana, tangerine, grapes

(L): jacket potato, beans, cheese (hex a), salad

(D): lentil and ham soup with lots of added veggies

(S): special k chewy bar (hex b), cheese curls (3)

Morning! Feeling really run down and crap this morning and have got two big coldsores developing :( not happy as I have a wedding to go to on Saturday! Lots of healthy comfort food today I think to make me feel better and a nice early night. (B): banana, tangerine, grapes (L): jacket potato, beans, cheese (hex a), salad (D): lentil and ham soup with lots of added veggies (S): special k chewy bar (hex b), cheese curls (3)

Have you tried taking lycine tablets? They really help get rid of a coldsore for me before they even get started. Also eating lots of green leafy veg helps too as they are a course of lycine. You can get the tabs from holland and Barrett and me and my boyfriend swear by them :)

I have been rubbish tonight - crusty bread and butter plus chocolate :( need the comfort food today and back on it tomorrow. Not going to beat myself up about it just going to get back on it in the morning.

Sometimes you need it. And it sounds delicious! Just get back on it today :) xxxx.

I suffer from coldsores too honey, try some Geranium oil (smells lush too!) , just dab a little bit on every now and again, it helps to dry up the blister, once it dry, I use Carmex to help put the moisture back in.

Back on it today after last nights blip! Way too much choccy but all meals yesterday were on plan and lots of superfree so hopefully I haven't done too much damage and my dress will still zip up for the wedding tomorrow.

(B): special k chewy bar (hex b), banana

(L): jacket potato, beans and salad, dressing (2)

(D): lentil and ham soup (packed out with celery, carrots and onion for superfree goodness)

(S): cheese curls (3)

Last edited:
Back