Step 1 Sole Source Stacey's journey to 10st! Time to get healthy - Newbie here, all support appreciated!

Mango go down well too, blend them with ice. Best thing to do is chalk the weekend up to experience and jump back on the horse!

The only mango thing I've every tried is a nice cooler from costa, if it tastes anything like that ill love it! Thanks Bettie

It tastes the exact same. You really have to blend it with ice though!

I'd skip the salad, yes.

If you've decided to do SS then I'd give yourself a very firm timescale for this. And don't include treats or time off or bits of chicken etc. so .... In your situation ( remind me what you weigh ? ) , if I wanted to lose say, three stone, this is entirely achievable in 12 weeks. So I'd do SS for those 12 weeks. Personally speaking, 7 weeks was my limit. I started to feel unwell and had terrible bruising for some reason so I just instinctively knew it was time for me to stop.

It's such a lot of money that it just seems a waste to slow down losses for the sake of some chips or whatever. My advice would be to totally go for it for a specific time scale and then look at something else.

I didn't work up the steps because it seems like money for old rope to me. I stopped the diet at 10 st 5 and lost a further stone by calorie counting and low carbing. Well, moderate carbs ... I like to eat fruit etc.

It's a really brutal plan though and it's so easy to have a wobble and before you've even realised it, you're giving yourself permission to eat something. I sometimes do the odd 5 day detox using shakes/ very low carb food if I've over done it and this usually brings me back in line.

I admire you though for getting back to it. Honestly, be really mindful and just give it 100%. Nobody ever woke up in the morning and really regretted NOT eating that pizza : )

I am on day 2 of sole source but on 4 shakes - I am gutted because I just remembered I have a meal to go to next friday that has been planned for about 8 months which is why I forgot about it. any advice on what I should eat that wont drag me out of ketosis?

Don't worry too much about being in ketosis. It's not hugely relevant

Just stick to anything that isn't carby. Avoid bread, pasta , rice and potatoes and try and eat chicken, fish , goats cheese , salad and veg.

Hey guys.

Does anyone have any tips on getting through the first few days. Really struggling! Not even so much craving fatty bad foods - Just food in general! Trying to drop 3 stone (13 at the moment wanting to get to 10) The side effects are not as bad as I thought they would be, but the tiredness is really making me want to raid the fridge!!

I'd skip the salad, yes.

If you've decided to do SS then I'd give yourself a very firm timescale for this. And don't include treats or time off or bits of chicken etc. so .... In your situation ( remind me what you weigh ? ) , if I wanted to lose say, three stone, this is entirely achievable in 12 weeks. So I'd do SS for those 12 weeks. Personally speaking, 7 weeks was my limit. I started to feel unwell and had terrible bruising for some reason so I just instinctively knew it was time for me to stop.

It's such a lot of money that it just seems a waste to slow down losses for the sake of some chips or whatever. My advice would be to totally go for it for a specific time scale and then look at something else.

I didn't work up the steps because it seems like money for old rope to me. I stopped the diet at 10 st 5 and lost a further stone by calorie counting and low carbing. Well, moderate carbs ... I like to eat fruit etc.

It's a really brutal plan though and it's so easy to have a wobble and before you've even realised it, you're giving yourself permission to eat something. I sometimes do the odd 5 day detox using shakes/ very low carb food if I've over done it and this usually brings me back in line.

I admire you though for getting back to it. Honestly, be really mindful and just give it 100%. Nobody ever woke up in the morning and really regretted NOT eating that pizza : )

I still want to lose another 4 stone in total. 3 on Cambridge, 1 on a healthy eating plan (may join SW or WW groups to keep myself motivated).. Therefore still have quite a long way to go on Cambridge. I just don't think I can do another 12 weeks of SS, this is what's making it so much harder, thinking I have so long to go!

Hey guys.

Does anyone have any tips on getting through the first few days. Really struggling! Not even so much craving fatty bad foods - Just food in general! Trying to drop 3 stone (13 at the moment wanting to get to 10) The side effects are not as bad as I thought they would be, but the tiredness is really making me want to raid the fridge!!

The first few days are the worst as you will have all the symptoms kicking in like headaches/tiredness. Just think of your WI, that's what got me through week one, knowing that if I stuck to it then I would have this big weight loss that I wouldn't be able to achieve (personally) on another diet.

stacey rather than thinking about 12 weeks in the future, think about the day you are working on, just get through one day at a time and think of the end goal, thats what i am going to do. i am huge and will probably be doing this for the rest of the year lol but i am trying just to focus on the day i am on rather than thinking about how long its going to take me, at the end of the day its going to be worth it for me.

Hi guys, so lost 2lbs this week - not ideal but I had a cheat. I reached a stone! Also got my measurements for the first time. I've lost 4inches from my waist, 3.5 from my hips and 1 from my bust and thighs.
I hope your weeks are going well! Give me an update guys :) xx

Wanted to get in on the action girls! On day 21 today- 15lb down.

I found the the first two days horrendous and was waking up feeling AWFUL at 4am. Cup of fruit tea and water helped here. Headaches and the shakes really did just disappear with plenty of water and a couple of paracetamol here and there- keep at it- they will subside.

I struggled with hunger pangs and serious temptation day 6-8ish but thankfully this subsided too.

I am amazed how quickly weight is dropping off me. My pre baby clothes are hanging off me and I've almost dropped 2 dress sizes in 3 weeks- that's ridiculous isn't it?! Keep the faith people because 100% flippin works!

Love the advice re head down and SS 100% for as long as you can. I have 13lb to go til my first goal then a further 1 stone- not sure if I'll move to SS+ for the last stone or 100% till the end??? Watch this space!

I have a fully paid for afternoon tea in a few weeks and a networking event with free food and drink next week so considering how I'm going to approach these. I have a bit of a fear of eating food ATM to be honest as, well, I frigging love food so worry that if I start ill struggle to stop! So I'm thinking I'll just totally avoid food and make my excuses.

Just made the CWP trifle and it was amazing! Half a vanilla shake with half a mix a mousse scoop, 120ml berry water with half a scoop of mix a mousse, with half a choc CWP bar chopped up- lush!

So great to hear how well you're all doing, keep it up girls-we will all be skinny and gorgeous before we know it.

x

Congratulations! Great isn't it, your going to hit your goal before you know it! I haven't tried these mix-a-mousse's maybe I should give it a whirl. Yes nothing screams carbs more then an afternoon tea! See how you are by then, no need to make decisions now you might feel okay about it!

Keep updating it's great to hear everyone's storiesDid you WI today? x

I am on day 2 of sole source but on 4 shakes - I am gutted because I just remembered I have a meal to go to next friday that has been planned for about 8 months which is why I forgot about it. any advice on what I should eat that wont drag me out of ketosis?

Hey Kat, looking at your stats, looks like you are a big girl like me. How are you feeling after your first week? Are you taking your weight loss in small steps? Wgat is your ultimate goal? This site is so so good for motivation, have you looked at some of the before and after pictures?

Hey Stacey!!! How you getting on lovely? Fantastic news from your third WI, hope you are pleased with yourself! Knew you would get that stone!

How are you coping with Saturday night?

Hey Kat, looking at your stats, looks like you are a big girl like me. How are you feeling after your first week? Are you taking your weight loss in small steps? Wgat is your ultimate goal? This site is so so good for motivation, have you looked at some of the before and after pictures?

hi v - yes big girl here lol, i am doing ok, today has been the hardest because my family has been home and eating constantly in front of me!!! but i managed to stay strong.

i have several mini goals - my first goal is 18 stone, which is what i got to last year on the atkins diet
my second goal is 16 stone - what i weighed when i had my son
my third goal is 14 stone - what i was when i met my husband
12 stone what i was when i was in high school
ultimately would like to be under 10 stone - purely out of curiosity lol, i have no idea what i would look like like that.

You don't need before and after pictures of anyone else, you can just look at your own! So you haven't always been a big girl?

It is funny to think what I am going to look like when I am slimmer, I have always been big so I have no idea! I've had people telling me I'll 'change' in terms of my personality if I lose weight. Think it's because fat people are perceived as jolly!!

How are you finding the plan so far?

I think that's true. Was writing about the very thing the other day... Fat Amy! You know jovial, full of life, wise crackin' candy poppin' I don't give an efffin' persona that fat girls who don't suffer from confidence issues outwardly all get tarred with.

Uptight skinny biatches also get a tough time of it.

It's a shame. I can tell you, I lost a lot of weight on CWP in 2007 and I didn't turn into an uptight skinny chick overnight. Though was realistically quite skinny. Thinnest id been since before my body got hijacked by pregnancy. I still "felt" fat if you know what I mean.

I think that's true. Was writing about the very thing the other day... Fat Amy! You know jovial, full of life, wise crackin' candy poppin' I don't give an efffin' persona that fat girls who don't suffer from confidence issues outwardly all get tarred with.

Uptight skinny biatches also get a tough time of it.

It's a shame. I can tell you, I lost a lot of weight on CWP in 2007 and I didn't turn into an uptight skinny chick overnight. Though was realistically quite skinny. Thinnest id been since before my body got hijacked by pregnancy. I still "felt" fat if you know what I mean.

How much did you lose in 2007 Bettie? By the way, you have changed your avatar? You are so so pretty!

Why thank you!

I lost 5 stone 3lb altogether that year. I went from 15st 3 to 10 st 4 between march and July. I faffed a bit at the end. Then got to just under 10 stone doing "modified" steps. I maintained it until I got pregnant in 2009.

I am almost back to my heaviest weight now for a variety of reasons, pcos being one of them. That's why it's time to focus.

Sitting here feeling a bit sick actually chugging my mint choc shake!

Back