Steak and

samwood

The hubby has bought some steak for tea, what can i have with it that is free or low synned, other than chips? im sticking for ideas?

He's cooking so can't be to time consuming?

Thanks

Savoury Rice? Pasta'n'Sauce?

Boiled new potatoes? Roasted Mediterranean vegetables? Jacket potato and veggies? Potato wedges?

Cous Cous

I had mine the other day with a bag of wilted spinach and some mushrooms with chilli and garlic x

You really can't go wrong with a pile of my SW interpretation of Ottolenghi's Chili, Garlic & lemon Broccoli:
Get griddle pan (or similar) screaming hot
Blanch broccoli, leave to dry then season with S&P
griddle the broccoli so it becomes charred and gorgeous

Dressing:
in a separate pan fry garlic & diced fresh red chilli in frylight until golden & aromatic
squeeze half a lemon in there

In a bowl toss your charred broccoli with your dressing. You can thinly slice the other half of the lemon to garnish.

Original recipe used here: More Ottolenghi – Chargrilled Broccoli with Chilli and Garlic | Knit your own yoghurt

I'm probably over complicating the instructions but it really is just such a nice thing to have with steak :)

In the end I had roasted veg, sw chips big mushrooms with my hexA inside and my nice steak!

Attachments

• image-1553120842.jpg
    image-1553120842.jpg
    610.2 KB · Views: 125
Oooh, what's inside those mushrooms??

It was the new blue cheese laughing cow. I spilt the 4 for my hexA into the 2 mushrooms. I blended a slice of bread an put the crumbs on top of the hubby's mushroom.

Back