strawberry's life is changing for good

30lbs is a massive amount! Just because you're going through a slow period doesn't mean you should be so hard on yourself hun, it's impossible to be 100% focused and 'on it' all the time. If you read through the food and weight loss diaries and the messages on here, we ALL go through slow & lazy and fast & focused periods, it's the nature of the journey. As long as you don't give up, and the direction is down, however slowly, you will be back on top of it soon :) x

Super!!
Yaye to the pound loss - it's not "only" a pound, you're doing really well.

And yaye to the better mood!

Do you shop in Aldi? (="Brooklea yoghurt") I buy everything I can from there, and then go to a big supermarket once a month for the rest, like wm bread flour, wm pasta etc. Aldi is getting better for SW, I think, there is more and more variety.

Thanks for the link - might have to give that a try in a couple of weeks (trying to empty my freezer and cupboards currently!)

I think I felt like that when I got to 30lb as it's sort of near half way but not quite and it feels like it taking so long! (we seem to have a similar weight we want to lose) but 30 is amazing! So well done you for that :)

Today's food:
B: 35g bran flakes (hexb)
L: leftover spag bol with 10g parmesan (2 syns)
S: apple
D: leftover spag bol with 5g parmesan (1.5 syns) mixed salad (cucumber, tomatoes and peppers) with fat free french dressing

Was still hungry as the leftover spag bol was really only a child's portion so had some more food:
1 slice of wm bread from 800g loaf (4.5 syns) with some lighter than light mayo (0.5 syns) and 2 slices of ham

Felt a bit better today but still asked for 1/2 day holiday at short notice and my manager was great and didn't ask why i needed time off. Think he's noticed me being a lot quieter than usual!
My pepper and tomato plants have arrived today! Planted the peppers and then ran out of compost. So the tomato plants will have to wait until tomorrow!

Will be having a hot chocolate with my hexa later on (2syns)

Total syns: 10.5 syns

Hi Strawberry,

are you all right?
I hope you are feeling better after your half day off, and now the weekend.

Hope you are feeling a bit better Strawb, what a nice understanding boss you have :)

I love getting out in the garden, it's so relaxing and therapeutic.

Hope you have a lovely weekend xx

Hello all...sorry i didn't get round to doing my food diary yesterday and to be honest there is no point...i was eating anything and everything lying around! Anything carby and fatty found it's way into my mouth!!!
But, line under it!!! I feel soo much better today! I think it's got less to do with the food outburst yesterday but that 1/2 day holiday has done me the world of good!!!!

I planted the peppers on thursday afternoon and after getting some more compost yesterday i managed to plant the 9 tomato plants as well!

Today i spent literally all day cleaning. My friend and her bf are coming to stay with us for a week and i thought that's a good reason to do a proper spring clean...downstairs is done now, but the "mount everest" is yet to come...my son's room and his 100000000000 lego bricks that will need sorting back into the separate boxes they escaped from. I say escaped, my son is convinced the lego bricks just appear out of nowhere and have a party whilst he's asleep and then can't find their way back in the dark, lol

Food today was:
Brunch: 2 wm toast (60g hexb and 20g 2.5 syns) with ham and frylight fried eggs...tomato slices
Snack: apple
Dinner: tomato salad with fat free french dressing and pasta n sauce (cheese & broccoli)
350ml skimmed milk in coffees (hexa)

Will have an ice cream sandwich once i'm finished tiding all the cleaning stuff away...i'm shattered, lol

Hope you are feeling a bit better Strawb, what a nice understanding boss you have :) I love getting out in the garden, it's so relaxing and therapeutic. Hope you have a lovely weekend xx

Yes, i'm feeling much better thank you! My boss is lovely, very understanding!
Never thought i'd be loving our garden quite this much...it's truly feeling like it's ours now, only took a year, lol

Well, didn't have the ice cream sandwich for 7 syns last night but went for a cornetto style ice cream instead for 9.5 syns
Total syns for yesterday: 12 syns

Just wrote half an essay and now i deleted it all by accident, aaarrrggghhhh
Oh well, just gotta write the lot again, lol

Today was a great day! The whole weekend was great and really productive, even though i never got round to tidy ds room...kind of knew that wouldn't happen today, lol
James had to do the biggest homework assignment ever today. We spent most of the day with a few breaks writing a 3 A4 page essay about nocturnal animals!
The breaks i spent repotting 2 of our indoor plants and planning next weeks lunches and dinners and writing a shopping list. James helped his dad clean the car during his breaks...it looks lovely now!!!!!!
We then went and did a huge shop...i mean huge, i managed to spend £97.00 in aldi, shock horror!!!!
Foodwise, today was an absolute nightmare! I never noticed that coffee reduces my appetite as much as it does!

Here is my food, but please don't shout at me!!!!!
B: 1 cup of coffee with hexa of milk
L: 1 cup of coffee with hexa of milk
S: 1 brooklea fat free greek style yoghurt cherry (0.5) and 1 cup of coffee with hexa of milk
D: 2 small pork loin medallions (all fat removed), sw chips, tomato and pepper salad with fat free french dressing and 40g of ketchup (2 syns)
S: cup of tea with rest of hexa and maybe an alpen light bar or a yoghurt
Don't know yet, really not hungry at the moment!

Never realised how rubbish my eating is on a weekend...most people struggle eating too much on a weekend i tend to struggle to eat anywhere near enough!!!!
Gotta work on this!!

Lol I'm the opposite, I eat fairly lightly in the week and then pig out a bit at the weekend. Today is an "I need chocolate" day. Urggh. So far I've had a packet of Maltesers and 2 Choc chip cookies, currently on 18.5 syns for the day although total for the week is 54 and I'm on day 7 of my week, so that's fine. It still has the potential to go horribly wrong though, there is so much chocolate in this house! Children and Easter! Usually I'm absolutely fine with it and not tempted at all but today has been a struggle. So I'm off to do a workout, bath and bed to limit my time to be tempted. I know if I sit down and watch TV I'll give in! And regret it. Weigh in tomorrow!

Lol I'm the opposite, I eat fairly lightly in the week and then pig out a bit at the weekend. Today is an "I need chocolate" day. Urggh. So far I've had a packet of Maltesers and 2 Choc chip cookies, currently on 18.5 syns for the day although total for the week is 54 and I'm on day 7 of my week, so that's fine. It still has the potential to go horribly wrong though, there is so much chocolate in this house! Children and Easter! Usually I'm absolutely fine with it and not tempted at all but today has been a struggle. So I'm off to do a workout, bath and bed to limit my time to be tempted. I know if I sit down and watch TV I'll give in! And regret it. Weigh in tomorrow!

I know what you mean...lots of ds chocolate has found it's way into my mouth since easter...not much left now! Problem is that ds doesn't really bother with chocolate he's more of a haribo child!
Really need to get the hubby involved to shift this devils stuff!!!
Have a lovely evening resisting temptation, i know you can do it and good luck with your weigh in tomorrow...really need to find your diary so i can subscribe!

Hi Strawberry,

glad you're feeling better!

Oh, you sure like coffee... lol.
Sometimes, if I have a long lie-in, I also start "proper" eating quite late on a Sunday.
The pork medallion dinner sounds lovely!

My ds is the same, more Haribo than chocolate, so it lingers for ages, and no hubby to help lol

I keep a weekly food diary on the food diaries thread, but I don't keep one here in the Weight Loss Diaries

So I've done a work out, had a bath, and about to head to bed having resisted temptation. Woohoo :) it's been a good week, fingers crossed for a decent loss in the morning!

My ds is the same, more Haribo than chocolate, so it lingers for ages, and no hubby to help lol I keep a weekly food diary on the food diaries thread, but I don't keep one here in the Weight Loss Diaries So I've done a work out, had a bath, and about to head to bed having resisted temptation. Woohoo :) it's been a good week, fingers crossed for a decent loss in the morning!

I'll have a snoop and see if i can find you...good luck with your weigh in! Let me know how you get on!

Back